Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1668868 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #4230 on: February 14, 2017, 03:10:23 pm »

I'm suprised no one has made the connection between the shroud and the warp yet. I mean, all you need is demons pouring out and a chaos god or two and it's a perfect fit.

Also somewhere down the line, it'd be really cool if a superweapon of sorts was a massive device that when triggered rips a system sized hole in reality and links it with the shroud, doing unpredictable and unprecedented amounts of chaos and destruction.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4231 on: February 14, 2017, 05:24:15 pm »

I'm suprised no one has made the connection between the shroud and the warp yet. I mean, all you need is demons pouring out and a chaos god or two and it's a perfect fit.

Also somewhere down the line, it'd be really cool if a superweapon of sorts was a massive device that when triggered rips a system sized hole in reality and links it with the shroud, doing unpredictable and unprecedented amounts of chaos and destruction.

From there it's just a matter of detonating it in a relatively empty system, building an orbital habitat over the resulting daemon world, and collecting free general/admiral XP until the heat death of the universe.

Also: The people of Vool'u today sent a delegation to the capital, demanding increased military protection due to unrest among the slave population.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2017, 05:27:04 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4232 on: February 14, 2017, 07:24:48 pm »

I've seen that connection made before. The Shroud is a lot like the Warp was before the Chaos Gods. I would be not at all surprised if there's events that play off of this.

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4233 on: February 14, 2017, 11:34:54 pm »

I like when a species has a higher population in my empire than their own, then they get beat in a war and ask me to become their protectorate. Almost ready to start integration. I mean, I might as well, right? I got enough of them already that it's pretty much just a free planet at this point.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4234 on: February 15, 2017, 02:21:49 pm »

I love starting off with only one or two AI races and a few FE's, and forging a multi-species nation with uplifted primitives.

I like to imagine SpaceChan is worried that humanity will be outbred by these "illegal" aliens.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4235 on: February 15, 2017, 03:19:53 pm »

I've got one: Make it so that sector governors are free. Now Sectors provide an economic bonus in addition to reducing micromanagement. And I still want sectors to be fracture points for large empires. I just want to play an expansion into quiet universe followed by star-wars-style civil war.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4236 on: February 15, 2017, 04:37:57 pm »

Not just that, but all sector planets should have generated governors with agendas as well. "Governors" should be the staff of core planets and maybe used to replace sector governors.

I don't know if AI democracies currently act according to the elected leader's agenda, but that would be a good place to start.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4237 on: February 15, 2017, 04:59:53 pm »

Huh. That could be an idea, elected sector governors for democratic nations.

If a sector is unhappy, they may try to elect a governor that might agitate for liberty, for example. Or perhaps you'll get unlucky and that'll happen anyway, and they'll start fucking around to get pops to support their views.
Yeah, I'd love if a sector elected a governor that promised to make it great again. Would make for very interesting gameplay.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4238 on: February 15, 2017, 05:03:27 pm »

i wonder if paradox would consider it for 1.6

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4239 on: February 15, 2017, 11:50:28 pm »

It'd be nice if every sector and planet in a democracy elects their own leaders, which doesn't cost you influence but you don't get a real choice in the matter, with an option to use influence to impose your own leaders.

I would also like it if I could have enough leader (governor only?) slots so that every planet and sector can have a governor; it just feels so WEIRD that half my worlds are government-less. They're not all Belgium!
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4240 on: February 16, 2017, 02:19:54 pm »

Yeah, I've been feeling that they should up the leader limit for a while now. Not just for governors, but because I need more scientists too.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4241 on: February 16, 2017, 02:24:48 pm »

It'd be nice if every sector and planet in a democracy elects their own leaders, which doesn't cost you influence but you don't get a real choice in the matter, with an option to use influence to impose your own leaders.

I would also like it if I could have enough leader (governor only?) slots so that every planet and sector can have a governor; it just feels so WEIRD that half my worlds are government-less. They're not all Belgium!

Couldn't agree more. I think the reason behind it is that all they really do is offer a straight buff without really doing much else.

If they were faction based and automatically generated by planet itself, you could then move them around with influence or buy a new one that was potentially better. That could lead to interesting stuff like factions taking a dislike to the new leader (assassinations and whatever) so you'd have to work hard to balance it.

With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4242 on: February 16, 2017, 02:32:25 pm »

Need for CK2 into space.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4243 on: February 16, 2017, 03:54:33 pm »

Need for CK2 into space.
Sadly, still waiting for CotC to update...

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4244 on: February 16, 2017, 05:03:06 pm »

I'm just waiting for 1.5
Can't really seem to get back into the game before 1.5's release. *sighs*
Pages: 1 ... 281 282 [283] 284 285 ... 632