Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1671691 times)

Vivalas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #6825 on: August 07, 2018, 01:54:18 pm »

Also, has anyone else got that annoying point where they don't want to play because the next update looks good?

Yes, but am trying to deal with the backlog in the meantime. Can't play Crusader Kings 2, EU4 or Rimworld for that reason either.

Eh, Rimworld 1.0 just looks like a few random QOL things that most mods already have, and features that most mods already have, unless I missed something in the notes. My 50+ mod B18 vanilla+ experience seems a lot more interesting.

As for Stellaris, my current Imperium of Man (think more like Empire from star wars, not WH40K) has had a lot of interesting flavor stuff I haven't seen before, and has created more roleplay / story than Aurora 4x at this point, and I almost have a whole game universe of stuff already just 60 years in.
"On two occasions I have been asked,—"Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able rightly to apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question."
- Charles Babbage

The Imperial Question | Stranded Among Stars

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: August 07, 2018, 05:35:05 pm »

Game I'm playing now:

To the east, 2 pacifist empires. To the west, an adv start bandit kingdom, an adv start assimilators, and 3 fanatic purifiers.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: August 08, 2018, 07:32:19 pm »

I've got it bad, this time.  I'm excited to play Stellaris again, but only the upcoming version ):<
Probably because it's not just an addition of cool new features, but a rework.  So any more time spent with the current planet system will feel particularly wasted (and it already feels exceptionally grindy).

It's almost like those CK2 dev diaries where they improve/streamline the GUI...  They bizarrely ruin the existing GUI for me :P
You must be real sensitive to thid kind of thing then, because aside from the initial transition from CK1, the GUI changes have been super minor and mostly revolving around me features.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: August 08, 2018, 09:41:29 pm »

Imagine a simpler time, when you could continuously spam 50 gold pieces to try to murder a man.

Now we pay 50 Harry Potter Scars to buy an eighth of a spike-dog removal squad.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: August 09, 2018, 06:53:09 am »

first dev diary pops up, covering "New Economy System"

https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/stellaris-dev-diary-120-new-economy-system.1114048/

2.2 is leguin and the release date is still "far away"

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: August 09, 2018, 08:15:44 am »

Oh my god.

Genuine good complexity that applies throughout the whole game?
I’m so happy. Are we sure this is for Stellaris and not some other space game?
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: August 09, 2018, 09:32:30 am »

Looks good! Especially since it opens up more for modders to do, which is always a good sign.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: August 09, 2018, 09:59:18 am »

This keeps looking better and better, but not even a vague indication of when it will be released is unfortunate.  Looks like estimates from the players puts it late this year, possibly in December territory.

Relatedly, I wonder how buggy it will be when it comes out.  There are some worrying complaints about 2.1.2 being very buggy, and that it had all of those bugs for weeks while the patch was in beta without Paradox doing anything to fix them.

I'm wondering now if I'm a victim of one of those bugs, but maybe I'm just dumb.  I've got a faction right now that's very unhappy because I'm not allowing all species to migrate to my core worlds... but my policies do allow that.  I can't figure out why the faction thinks otherwise.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: August 09, 2018, 11:33:12 am »

check your default rights.  then check migration rights.  individual rights get set when you encounter a species, so you may want to dig through
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: August 09, 2018, 12:06:05 pm »

On the far left in that last screenshot, anyone got any ideas for what the 0/0 population icon and 0/0 energy icon are for?  I don't recall them existing before now.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: August 09, 2018, 12:33:08 pm »

I don't think I see what you're talking about.  Which screenshot has that?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6836 on: August 09, 2018, 03:10:47 pm »

On the far left in that last screenshot, anyone got any ideas for what the 0/0 population icon and 0/0 energy icon are for?  I don't recall them existing before now.
probably unfinished UI stuff

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: August 09, 2018, 03:11:07 pm »

Far right*
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: August 09, 2018, 03:18:16 pm »

Definitely unfinished UI elements, but I'm guessing the energy credit icon has something to do with trade.  Trade routes maybe, but there's been no confirmation that they're adding trade routes to my knowledge, so that's a stretch.

The population icon is more mysterious.  The only guesses I have are that it's got something to do with migration or general population growth or decline.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: August 09, 2018, 06:56:35 pm »

Oh my god.

Genuine good complexity that applies throughout the whole game?
I’m so happy. Are we sure this is for Stellaris and not some other space game?
Don't get your hopes up too soon, the only gameplay information revealed is that you will need "advanced resources" from specific planets or from manufacturing them. Even assuming the balance is such that they're consistently worth using, the floor for possible gameplay improvement is pretty low.
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 632