Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1671589 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #7215 on: October 29, 2018, 05:44:25 pm »

Well for me it's a bit of a negative, I usually play games with other people and often form Federations, and it was actually nice to take turns with the fleet.

It is nice that the designs will be homogeneous, though.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 05:58:15 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7216 on: October 29, 2018, 05:46:13 pm »

Yeah, that is true. It'll not be as fun in multiplayer. Maybe in the diplomacy update (whenever that happens) you'll have the ability to rotate this sorta thing, or whatever.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7217 on: October 29, 2018, 05:50:18 pm »

Thematically it's silly -- it's not really a "federation" anymore, it's just you and your AI vassals.
It's Space-NATO.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7218 on: October 29, 2018, 06:37:14 pm »

The AI will still have all the privileges that they have right now when they are not the president, which is basically all the privileges.

And you don't have to delete all the AI ships, if they make ships to join the federation fleet, they have to use the presidents designs.

There's not really much "privilege" one gets from joining a federation. In practice, you just find an AI who's willing to declare wars on people and you're good.

As for the AI ships, correct me if I'm wrong, but the federation is required to have a design for each ship tier unlocked, yes? You can't just be like "the federation doesn't have a cruiser", so the AI can sometimes build cruisers, and then you get the cruisers and they're a waste of fed fleet cap, so you delete them and rebuild corvettes or battleships or whatever because monofleet.

It's Space-NATO.

*snicker*
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #7219 on: October 29, 2018, 06:50:21 pm »

As for the AI ships, correct me if I'm wrong, but the federation is required to have a design for each ship tier unlocked, yes? You can't just be like "the federation doesn't have a cruiser", so the AI can sometimes build cruisers, and then you get the cruisers and they're a waste of fed fleet cap, so you delete them and rebuild corvettes or battleships or whatever because monofleet.
I wonder, does the work-around to clear out the last design for a ship tier work for federation designs?  That is, build a ship of a different class with the same name, and overwrite.  I haven't mucked about with federations since my first game, where I went full diplomacy until it crashed into the facts of how federations worked.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7220 on: October 29, 2018, 06:50:56 pm »

The only time I bother with federations is if there's a war in heaven and I want to go non-aligned. I wonder if they fixed the bug where you can join the non-aligned and lead their federation as a fanatical purifier

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7221 on: October 29, 2018, 07:36:47 pm »

There's not really much "privilege" one gets from joining a federation.

Yes, and you still get all of the little of it that exists. Vote on war war, vote on members. Unless you think that the current set up of a federation counts as just the leader and it's vassals (maybe with who the leader is swapping every 10 years) the new systems shouldn't be considered that. The president simply has no extra diplomatic power.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 07:39:47 pm by Criptfeind »

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7222 on: October 29, 2018, 08:45:12 pm »

There's not really much "privilege" one gets from joining a federation.

Yes, and you still get all of the little of it that exists. Vote on war war, vote on members. Unless you think that the current set up of a federation counts as just the leader and it's vassals (maybe with who the leader is swapping every 10 years) the new systems shouldn't be considered that. The president simply has no extra diplomatic power.

Well, only having the fed fleet for half the time, and having to rebuild it when you get it back really nerfs it a bit... and makes it feel like the other member is actually an "equal" of some sort. With a permanent president, the other member just exists so you can get your maintenance free ships.

Edit: I guess like currently you are periodically inconvenienced for having a federation. With a permanent president, it's easy to be never inconvenienced. A federation should probably involve some sort of compromise?
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 08:50:12 pm by Kanil »
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7223 on: October 29, 2018, 09:09:54 pm »

I mean... Yeah, no inconvenience outside the single biggest part of being in a federation, that your ability to offensively war is controlled by other people.

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7224 on: October 29, 2018, 09:14:54 pm »

I mean... Yeah, no inconvenience outside the single biggest part of being in a federation, that your ability to offensively war is controlled by other people.

It's not exactly difficult to convince one AI to vote yes for your wars. It might occasionally require you adjust your targets, but it also opens up new targets due to the increased strength of your empire due to the fed fleet.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7225 on: October 30, 2018, 09:20:15 am »

spaceco is not responsible for any and all deaths caused at the hands of its products, foods, adult entertainment devices, and firearms

buy from spaceco
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7226 on: October 30, 2018, 09:33:31 am »

Guys I think KOSS might be a Kitchen Organization Supplies Seller (but in space)
And I think Spaceco, sorry "spaceco", may be a machine intelligence
KOSSBOT go home.  Or should I say... KOSS-MOS?
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7227 on: October 30, 2018, 10:31:12 am »

SpaceCo kitchens are superior to those of the competition.

Buy SpaceCo.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7228 on: October 30, 2018, 10:50:50 am »

New, from SpaceCo: KingOS
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7229 on: October 30, 2018, 12:46:58 pm »

Looks like a new victory system will be coming with 2.2:

Wiz confirmed that the system can be turned off if you want, and I'm guessing the end year can also be adjusted independently of that or you can continue to play after the end year.

Depending on how the score is calculated, this could be a welcome change, but even if the score is implemented poorly, it can still be turned off.
Through pain, I find wisdom.
Pages: 1 ... 480 481 [482] 483 484 ... 632