Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1668511 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #7515 on: December 11, 2018, 12:55:46 pm »

Mods disable achievements because achievements themselves are just handled in-script.
No, mods disable achievements because the devs of this game put a check in their game that goes...

"oh you're using some mods? Imma gonna disable your achievements real quick. Wouldn't want you to cheat in our broken-ass unfinished game for singleplayer trophies that have no meaning to anyone but yourself"

Most normal, sane devs can't be bothered to go through the extra steps to cockblock their own playerbase like that.

You can still earn achievements in modded games in Stellaris, but that involves memory editing the game so it thinks an unmodded ironman game is running. If you do that you can earn achievements even with mods.

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7516 on: December 11, 2018, 01:27:39 pm »

You guys sure do complain a lot. I think the update is fantastic. Feels like a real game now. Actually played out to late game without getting bored.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7517 on: December 11, 2018, 01:41:19 pm »

You guys sure do complain a lot. I think the update is fantastic. Feels like a real game now. Actually played out to late game without getting bored.
Agreed. The new systems feel good. This new update really shines in multiplayer too.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7518 on: December 11, 2018, 01:45:04 pm »

Literally having the most engaging game of Stellaris I've ever had.

There's a Fanatical Purifier that's taken over around 20% of the galaxy at a time when me and my duo buddy have just researched shields. One of us has anyway. It took about a year for them to completely obliterate a neighboring nation that was the combined size of both our space.

We had to pool the entirety of our combined alloy reserves to build/upgrade our federation fleet to a point where we can safely combat them. Their actual planets are something like 20-30 jumps away, so reinforcements and repairs will become a problem. We have to plan a way to quickly overwhelm their initial fleets and capture a starbase of theirs for repairs, only then can we take their planets.

Question: Is enslaving genocidal fanatical purifiers in order to stop their mad campaign a moral neutral? Discuss.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7519 on: December 11, 2018, 01:48:55 pm »

It's ethically moral to enslave them if you also get xenocompatibility to 'breed out the aggression'

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7520 on: December 11, 2018, 02:00:57 pm »

Question: Is enslaving genocidal fanatical purifiers in order to stop their mad campaign a moral neutral? Discuss.
Tau_invasion_of_Damocles_Gulf.jpg

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7521 on: December 11, 2018, 02:28:09 pm »

Since Fanatical Purification is a cultural thing, not a biological one, it would be interesting if a Purifier species could experience a revolution and realize what horrible shit they've done. Or at least get dissident factions disagreeing with the galactical genocide.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7522 on: December 11, 2018, 02:32:17 pm »

Criticisms of the subpar AI and bugs aside, I agree.  The new economic system needs a lot of tweaking, but it added a ton of depth to the game I'm really enjoying.  I enjoy sim games more than strategy games, so Stellaris moving in that direction is a good thing in my opinion.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7523 on: December 11, 2018, 02:33:14 pm »

I had a fun moment of creeping horror as I checked my factions and saw Xenophobe, Blorg supremacists.  Weird since the empire's very multicultural and xenophilic, so I check the factors...  Something about enslaved species pops?  Wait, there are Blorg slaves somewhere?  How??  I haven't lost any planets-

Slowly look over to that Fanatic Authoritarian empire that accepted my migration treaty.
"Honored Blorg, whatever can we do for you today, our lovely friends?"
"Um, can we get a brief sensor link?  We'll pay you a bunch of credits."
"Anything for our partners in the stars!"

yeah like a quarter of their population is Blorg (and Nivlac XD) slaves
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7524 on: December 11, 2018, 02:39:30 pm »

Since Fanatical Purification is a cultural thing, not a biological one, it would be interesting if a Purifier species could experience a revolution and realize what horrible shit they've done. Or at least get dissident factions disagreeing with the galactical genocide.
That's already in game

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7525 on: December 11, 2018, 02:43:08 pm »

What is this speciesism!

I'll have you know that the great purging of the unclean is written into our DNA. We are genetically hardwired to burn the impure. Literally tattooed into every protein.

Don't impose your ignorant pacificism on our superior biology.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7526 on: December 11, 2018, 02:52:41 pm »

That would involve swapping out the Fanatic Purifier civic, right?  Presumably you can do that with Determined Exterminator as well?  I kind of wanted to try a Determined Exterminator game where I had a flash of conscience halfway through and swapped out for some other government type, but wasn't sure if it was possible.

Actually, I'd rather play non hivemind robots from the start in some fashion, but from what I gather that isn't possible without mods.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7527 on: December 11, 2018, 03:00:01 pm »

I mean, you can totally pick robot portraits/adviser voice.

I guess you would have to eat food n stuff, though.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7528 on: December 11, 2018, 04:17:18 pm »

I mean, you can totally pick robot portraits
Not without mods you can't. If you pick robot you have to be gestalt

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7529 on: December 11, 2018, 04:33:59 pm »

Are you super sure? Because I'm fairly sure the mechanical robot portraits are just there, you can pick the LOOK for anything....?

I could definitely be crazy but I swear I checked on the new update and I certainly don't have any mods.
Pages: 1 ... 500 501 [502] 503 504 ... 632