Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1671165 times)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #8160 on: June 10, 2019, 06:10:25 am »

I am trying to terraform a planet, I clicked on the terraform button, clicked on the climate I want, and it is telling me it will take 360 days on the outliner. But this timer never ticks down. Am I missing a step? Or is the game just bugged?

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8161 on: June 10, 2019, 06:39:50 am »

I am trying to terraform a planet, I clicked on the terraform button, clicked on the climate I want, and it is telling me it will take 360 days on the outliner. But this timer never ticks down. Am I missing a step? Or is the game just bugged?
You sure it's 360? The quickest terraforms (without boosters) take 5 years. Some take 10, so it could be 3600 with one zero cut off by the interface. (guessing here)

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8162 on: June 10, 2019, 08:30:21 am »

I just noticed it is a nanite world. I tried terraforming a non-nanite world and it works fine (3600, like you said).

The nanite world however says 360 for time but never ticks down. I'm sure I had a pop up earlier in the game that said I could terraform those worlds.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8163 on: June 10, 2019, 08:37:34 am »

Ah, right. Those do take but a short time. Wasn't there something about having to kill off the nanite empire first, before you can terraform the worlds? (if that's not it, then I give up)

Biowraith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8164 on: June 10, 2019, 10:58:15 am »

Terraforming seems to be broken at the moment for barren terraforming candidates - it sits at 3600 on the timer forever.  Maybe the same is true for nanite worlds.

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8165 on: June 10, 2019, 11:45:56 am »

Caravans are stuck at your home planet now too. Stopped my game for the moment. Amazing quality control.
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #8166 on: June 10, 2019, 07:00:40 pm »

Terraforming seems to be broken at the moment for barren terraforming candidates - it sits at 3600 on the timer forever.  Maybe the same is true for nanite worlds.
Oh, I thought that was just the mod or combination of mods I was playing.  That's a pity.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8167 on: June 10, 2019, 11:25:54 pm »

I find it amusing that all of these bugs seem to happen in systems that shouldn't have even been touched by the DLC.  Like, why are caravan fleets getting stuck or synthetic ascension breaking your primary species?  What was even changed that could break things like that?  Or terraforming speed?

Well, I guess the performance changes could have broken it, but it again seems kind of unbelievable that these problems aren't being caught by QA, or if they are that the management team tells them to publish the game anyway.  I'd hate to work for Paradox if that's how it goes, and it sounded like that was the case after 2.2.

Unrelated, but it took me ages to figure out how to spend minor artifacts.  To my knowledge, there's absolutely no indication that they're tracked on the same screen as traditions (for some reason) under a different tab.  I actually made it 100 years into a game before I figured that out.

All of that said, some of the dig sites are actually pretty cool, and I like the rewards I've gotten from a few.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8168 on: June 11, 2019, 04:34:15 am »

I find it amusing that all of these bugs seem to happen in systems that shouldn't have even been touched
Yeah welcome to programming. In one of my own projects I once implemented a new style (visual only) of icon fade for a skill cooldown and it ended up breaking the ability to talk to NPCs. The links between systems aren't always obvious.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8169 on: June 11, 2019, 07:33:46 am »

I find it amusing that all of these bugs seem to happen in systems that shouldn't have even been touched by the DLC.  Like, why are caravan fleets getting stuck or synthetic ascension breaking your primary species?  What was even changed that could break things like that?  Or terraforming speed?

Well, I guess the performance changes could have broken it, but it again seems kind of unbelievable that these problems aren't being caught by QA, or if they are that the management team tells them to publish the game anyway.  I'd hate to work for Paradox if that's how it goes, and it sounded like that was the case after 2.2.

Management likely has no idea about specific bugs like that. The more likely answer is poor version control. This is Paradox' bread and butter for years now. They fix something in one version of the code, only to revert it by accident later when they release a major update that's based on a version of the code from before the fix.

This has happened so many times with EU4, CK2, etc, that I've lost count. People who have worked there have confirmed that they fundamentally don't have real software development practices in place. They just kind of do it as they go along. When they were really a niche indie developer 10 or 15 years ago, fine, whatever.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8170 on: June 11, 2019, 10:09:08 am »

The worst bug I ran into so far this patch was one where defending armies would gain strength instead of losing it when being attacked. I was rather surprised to see my stack of 4k troops wiped out by a 7k stack of defending armies that was only at 2k strength a few minutes before.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #8171 on: June 11, 2019, 10:41:41 am »

There are a bunch of weird bugs right now I keep running into. One of the worst being zero-population planets. Planets that remain owned by an enemy even if all the pops die or are moved, but you can't invade because there are no pops.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8172 on: June 11, 2019, 01:58:58 pm »

My favorite is when an enemy ship hits 1 hp but can't die.

They just sit there forever locked in battle with your fleet and will chip it down to nothing and win. Gotta kill it with console commands.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8173 on: June 12, 2019, 02:15:37 pm »

I find it amusing that all of these bugs seem to happen in systems that shouldn't have even been touched by the DLC.
The free update included a switch to 64 bit processing. Therefore, everything was potentially touched, and sometimes in weird ways.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8174 on: June 12, 2019, 02:27:12 pm »

Oh yeah, mine's when defending armies become unkillable because they recover 1/4 of their max health health every few days until they suddenly stop doing that.

I've had it where I've invaded a planet and had to retreat because the defending army kept jumping up to ~250/200 health somehow. It only stopped once I bombarded the planet to 100% devastation, and I'm unsure if that's the cause or if the game coincidentally went "Oh, hang on that's not supposed to happen!"

I got mad at a bug like this once and changed the planet to toxic and back.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 543 544 [545] 546 547 ... 632