Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548]

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 645733 times)

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #8205 on: October 16, 2019, 05:33:03 pm »

I'm glad they're being up front about it and fixing the problem, but man, Paradox just can't seem to get a Stellaris release right.  I feel a little bad for them, but only a little.

I would say this is yet more evidence that they don't check anything they release, but this seems like something that would pretty easily slip through the cracks for a QA team.

their QA team never touched it. it's 100% made by a Chinese studio and it's apparently just a re-skin of the Chinese company's game, Nova Empire. in fact there were some error messages where they forgot to change the name "Nova Empire" to "Stellaris" - https://www.reddit.com/r/Stellaris/comments/diah5m/stellaris_galaxy_straight_up_tells_you_its_a/

I really don't know why anyone gives Paradox the benefit of the doubt anymore. they peaked with CK2 and EU4 and it's been downhill, at various speeds, since then.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8206 on: October 16, 2019, 06:59:04 pm »

I started with Stellaris and pretty much stick to it, so if it's worse than CK2 or EU4 I wouldn't really notice.  I imagine a lot of people are in the same boat.

But, yeah, I saw the stuff where the error messages refer to it as Nova Empire, which is pretty funny.  If Paradox themselves didn't touch the game at all, whoever did the development has a similarly sloppy development approach.
Success requires no explanation.  Failure allows none.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Dead Postocalypse lies dreaming.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8207 on: October 16, 2019, 07:30:58 pm »

Why would you just not check.

That's just so careless.

You're so careless Paradox.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 546 547 [548]