Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1670084 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #8835 on: June 07, 2020, 02:06:33 pm »

No change, that's exactly what I was trying to describe.  It's very useful and reasonable IMHO!
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8836 on: June 07, 2020, 03:08:11 pm »

Is end-game crisis timing related to your game performance?  Had my first game make it to the end and the crisis event chain had started but the game ended before the crisis actually arrived.

Was playing default settings, 2500 end date, was my first game to get that far so while I was the strongest non-FE faction in the game I wouldn't say I was doing good.  The awakened empire was still overwhelming but both fallen empires had dropped to superior.
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8837 on: June 07, 2020, 03:27:13 pm »

It's a weighted chance for the three crises to occur that increases either as you progress into endgame years (for the Scourge) or as certain criteria are filled (for the Contingency and Invaders). You got lucky enough that the Contingency and Invader conditions weren't fulfilled enough for them to spawn and for the Scourge to not show up by getting far enough into the endgame.
Black lives matter.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8838 on: June 07, 2020, 03:45:04 pm »

So does the scourge only come after 2500?

Spoiler: Crisis (click to show/hide)

But the game ended at 2500, with the awakened empire basically winning by default, not having done anything except build up its fleets.  Do I have to play past the default win date to get the crisis?  Started a new game as authoritarian materialists, doing much better so far so we'll see how things go this time.
Shoes...

Aoi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8839 on: June 07, 2020, 04:22:25 pm »

So does the scourge only come after 2500?

Spoiler: Crisis (click to show/hide)

But the game ended at 2500, with the awakened empire basically winning by default, not having done anything except build up its fleets.  Do I have to play past the default win date to get the crisis?  Started a new game as authoritarian materialists, doing much better so far so we'll see how things go this time.

You can change the dates at which mid-game and end-game events start at galaxy creation. (In the interests of not having a game that drags out forever, I usually bump them back by about 100 years, and accelerate the tech tree.)
Stench Guzman: Fix this quote, please.
Now celebrating: Two and a half years misquoted. Seriously man. Just fix it. -_-

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8840 on: June 07, 2020, 04:55:03 pm »

The Crisis spawns will only start trying to happen after the endgame starts, which begins at 2400 by default and continues until the game ends at 2500 (both can be changed). You just got lucky enough that the Scourge didn't spawn until it was too late.

[Edit] You can read about the spawn weights and other information in detail here. Unlike a lot of other things in the game it seems that which Crisis you get isn't determined at game start, but by which manages to spawn first.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2020, 04:56:48 pm by Sentient Bowtie »
Black lives matter.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8841 on: June 08, 2020, 07:14:57 pm »

Ya I often carve up larger empires a chunk at a time. Often by the end they just have a bunch of tiny unsuitable-climate planets that won't support their empire and they collapse in on themselves via some manner of unrest/rebellion.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8842 on: June 09, 2020, 08:27:10 am »

Add another to the 'Wartime AI is insufferably stupid'. A species in my alliance got into a war with a mutual enemy of ours. Despite having equal fleet power, they manage to lose their border and capital systems. I'm merrily carving my way through the enemy, I've captured everything from my border to their former border when they stupidly choose to accept a status quo peace, losing their capital to the enemy in exchange for two planetless systems. At least I picked up two planets in the exchange, but if they had just waited a few months more, I would have recaptured their capital for them.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8843 on: June 09, 2020, 09:10:22 am »

That's why I only do tribute.  Get free money, don't have to deal with any of their shit.
Shoes...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #8844 on: June 11, 2020, 01:15:05 am »

My new game is going very well, maybe too well.  I'm miles ahead of the closest non-FE, I am the senate, I can pretty much do whatever I want.  Playing fanatic materialist authoritarians, got synthetic ascension a while ago, rebuilding the cybrex ringworld, kind of at a loss for what to do next outside forming a hegemony federation or just making everyone my tributary.
Shoes...

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8845 on: June 11, 2020, 03:08:39 pm »

Galactic genocide for shits and gigs?
Black lives matter.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8846 on: June 14, 2020, 08:11:14 pm »

My new game is going very well, maybe too well.  I'm miles ahead of the closest non-FE, I am the senate, I can pretty much do whatever I want.  Playing fanatic materialist authoritarians, got synthetic ascension a while ago, rebuilding the cybrex ringworld, kind of at a loss for what to do next outside forming a hegemony federation or just making everyone my tributary.

build bigger, eat the FEs (eat them quickly enough so they dont awaken)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8847 on: June 15, 2020, 08:16:06 pm »

Do they awaken if you take your time in a war with them?

I always just lightning strike their home systems.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8848 on: June 15, 2020, 09:24:15 pm »

Probably a good idea, looks like conquering a FE planet dramatically (10X) reduces the MTTH on each of them awakening.  Though if I'm reading this right, a specific FE can't awaken while they're at war?  That's pretty useful.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8849 on: June 16, 2020, 10:56:55 am »

Probably a good idea, looks like conquering a FE planet dramatically (10X) reduces the MTTH on each of them awakening.  Though if I'm reading this right, a specific FE can't awaken while they're at war?  That's pretty useful.
Just declare war on all fallen empires bro.
Pages: 1 ... 588 589 [590] 591 592 ... 632