Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1658981 times)

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #8865 on: October 26, 2020, 09:57:29 pm »

I'm always annoyed when my admin cap vaporizes overnight because my bureaucrats decided to go into comedy or researching lasers of the blueberry flavor.
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8866 on: October 26, 2020, 10:15:57 pm »

Ah yes, have to favorite that job...

My favorite source of admin cap evaporating is the time some idiot proposed denouncing one of the fallen empires in the War in Heaven, which caused 95% of the galaxy, including me, to be in violation of galactic law and imposed something ridiculous like -40% admin capacity due to other resolutions.  On top of naval cap and research penalties, of course.

The worst part is that as far as I can tell you can't reverse it.  Ever.  According to the galactic community screen it's a galactic focus, so after 10 years I proposed shifting the galactic focus to the Prethoryn Scourge, which barely passed because the AI being eaten by them didn't convince it they were a serious threat.  Despite that passing, the galactic focus remained on that fallen empire, which I guess is hard coded by the War in Heaven.

Later, after destroying said fallen empire out of frustration, the War in Heaven ended, but the focus remained and I was still in violation of galactic law because I did not join the Unknown Empire in their war against the Unknown Empire.  At least by this point all of the negative resolutions had been repealed by the galactic community because everyone realized being crippled like that was bad.  I considered leaving the galactic community but wanted to see how far the bug would go, and if anything would ever happen from the sternly worded letters that presumably literally everyone in the galaxy was receiving from everyone else.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8867 on: October 27, 2020, 12:50:45 am »

Religious League War 2: This Time, It's Even Stupider
Black lives matter.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8868 on: October 27, 2020, 05:41:31 pm »

I've been able to shape sanctions enough that they haven't been a problem for me.

I can buy favors from everyone who likes me which is enough to turn the tide in most cases.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8869 on: October 27, 2020, 07:06:36 pm »

Yeah, it wasn't really a problem with me being unable to prevent the stupid resolution from passing so much as if you don't watch the galactic community like a hawk, someone will propose it and it may pass before you realize what's going on...

Amusingly, I've found myself in the situation of trying to tell the galaxy to fight the crisis, and the votes being on the fence because it's me plus one or two other AIs against literally everyone else.  I usually have almost as much diplomatic weight as the rest of the galaxy combined, but rarely any favors to call in...

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8870 on: October 27, 2020, 08:09:27 pm »

I just trade minerals or something for favors.

Also yeah they need a notification for "resolution is about to pass". I miss em constantly.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8871 on: October 27, 2020, 09:35:06 pm »

just conquer the galaxy and the space UN doesn't matter 4head
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8872 on: October 28, 2020, 04:21:37 pm »

Just play a hungry boi, T-1000 or the cosmic filter personified and you don't have to deal with such pesky things as diplomacy or intergalactic law

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8873 on: October 28, 2020, 04:34:33 pm »

T-1000 gets to be buddies with other xenos of the metal disposition tho
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8874 on: October 28, 2020, 04:37:43 pm »

Fanatical purifiers also get to be friendly with other empires of the same species, so if you have a multiciv same-species galactic start or you release loads of vassal states you might have to deal with diplomacy until your neighbours modify genes

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8875 on: October 28, 2020, 06:25:55 pm »

T-1000 gets to be buddies unless the robots are Rogue Servitors, actually. You get the same -1000 relations from them as from organics.
Black lives matter.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8876 on: October 28, 2020, 06:32:52 pm »

My next game I think I'll be Assimilators.

Can assimilators take the genetic perks needed to change portraits? I want to change all their portraits. We are the borg, etc.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8877 on: October 28, 2020, 06:38:47 pm »

I don't believe so, since Machine Intelligences can't take the perk.
Black lives matter.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8878 on: October 28, 2020, 11:57:43 pm »

Speaking of which, I kinda wished getting the cyborg trait actually changed your pop's portraits.

-----

Meanwhile in the inward perfection ringworld game, the galactic community started up.  Literally noone in the galaxy has over -10 opinion of me.  Like I get it, I'm a xenophobic pacifist with closed borders with everyone and I have slaves and weird roboty implants.  You'd think at least one guy would be as scummy as me though.  They are conflicted on if all the space whales must live, or all the space whales must die.  Space whales care not for my slice of the galaxy.

The neighboring crime syndicate megacorp set up their crime branch on my capital ringworld, presumably making it twice the cyberpunk hellhole it was before.  There seems to be no way to root it out other than either the utter unconditional annihlation of the offending megacorp, or the spamming of police snails.  Annoyingly I cannot favorite both the police job and the bureaucrat jobs at the same time, so I guess more admin cap is more important.

I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8879 on: October 29, 2020, 12:03:23 am »

I despise criminal syndicates for that reason, and more than once as pacifists I've tried to let the crisis eat the offending megacorp, but the crisis always stalls before it gets that far and I lose my patience.  So, I just build a precinct on every planet if I know a criminal syndicate is around, and that always does the job eventually.
Pages: 1 ... 590 591 [592] 593 594 ... 632