Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1671711 times)

Great Order

• Bay Watcher
  • [SCREAMS_INTERNALLY]
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #9345 on: January 15, 2023, 01:55:30 am »

Honestly, I still like the idea of making parliamentary republics elect sector governors who have campaign promises and thus certain demands (As well as general personal power-grubbing). Work in a parliamentary election where a governor gets elected as leader of the empire on a regular basis based on governor faction support and such.

And give feudal empires similar stuff with noble houses rising to fill the governor space with similar mechanics, although using political intrigue to get themselves into power rather than voting. And make it available for dictatorships to emulate a proper electoral monarchy.

And make sectors a forced spawn when you have, say, two or three planets within range of one another with these empire systems.
I may have wasted all those years
They're not worth their time in tears
I may have spent too long in darkness
In the warmth of my fears

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9346 on: January 15, 2023, 02:01:40 am »

Excuse me big fella?  Terraforming in 2220?  And by the look of that ticker he's been at it for a while.

Spoiler: pic (click to show/hide)
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #9347 on: January 15, 2023, 02:04:55 pm »

Another way you could do internal politics I guess would be to take the Galactic Community and make an internal version of that inside your empire, so to do things like switch between Consumer Goods, Alloys and Mixed economy you need to get it through that "Internal Politics". Could then introduce a lot of other internal policies that give stat boost trade-offs, like Galactic Community has. Different government types could have different priorities for who has what in the internal Diplomatic Weight.

It'd also allow for a more controllable emergence of things like Xenophillic factions wanting equal rights for xeno pops, but having them push it in the "Internal Politics" rather than purely be event-driven. And could act as another Influence sink if needed, with Influence being used in the same way Favors are in the Galactic Community.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2023, 02:11:25 pm by MorleyDev »

Orb

• Bay Watcher
  • [Loves_RTS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9348 on: January 16, 2023, 12:50:02 pm »

Sounds like Victoria's politics.
[Will:1] You scream. You scream like a little girl in pigtails and a tutu, flailing ineffectually like a starfish on meth.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #9349 on: January 16, 2023, 10:15:09 pm »

Well before Victoria 3 was announced and after the pop rework, Stellaris was described as Viki 3 in Space, so it tracks :)

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9350 on: January 19, 2023, 11:20:52 am »

The newest dev diary announced stealth mechanics coming up in the next major patch / story pack.  I'm honestly shocked that they're adding something like that into the game this late, since it seems like something that will require a lot of adjustment of core combat mechanics, like how the AI perceives fleets.

I'm curious how they're going to integrate it with other systems, but it seems like it might finally make espionage important if you need intel to know where cloaked fleets are.  I suspect that will matter in some way, but more than likely there will just be special starbase modules or techs that allow detecting cloaked ships.

Maybe we'll get cloaking modules that have to compete with other aux slots on ships now, which would be good for variety since there isn't much in the way of choice now.  Maybe specialized cloaking sensor modules too.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #9351 on: January 19, 2023, 02:37:07 pm »

Yeah. Stealth is a good Meta-breaker, but it runs a high risk of just becoming the new meta that everything has to have/protect against. Hopefully it just brings in some new strategic choices to make things more interesting.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #9352 on: January 20, 2023, 02:33:29 pm »

It would be nice if stealth was implemented as a supplement to a system that did more to hide exact fleet values from opposing players. What if stealth ships simply didn't get counted, or were counted in accurately in fleet strength numbers reported to non-allies.

so rather than just having invisible ships flying around, which would be great, but a bit hard to balance. 
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #9353 on: January 21, 2023, 05:36:59 am »

Yeah. Stealth is a good Meta-breaker, but it runs a high risk of just becoming the new meta that everything has to have/protect against. Hopefully it just brings in some new strategic choices to make things more interesting.

or, one decloaking module for starbase, and life proceeds as normal.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9354 on: January 25, 2023, 06:44:06 pm »

Question, as i see that's still happening in my current game : is there a trick to those "promises to construct more research stations" type of ruler mandate despite there's no spot anymore for a single new research station in the whole galaxy, or are you always forced to stupidly destroy your own existing station and rebuild them to have the mandate fullfilled ?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9355 on: January 25, 2023, 10:35:36 pm »

I'm 90% certain that they made it so that manually destroying a research station counts against that mandate, so the trick is to do so beforehand.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9356 on: January 25, 2023, 10:38:35 pm »

This is one reason I hate playing democracies in Stellaris.

Then gain, you don't really lose anything by failing the mandates, so I end up just ignoring them after the early game.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9357 on: January 25, 2023, 10:53:23 pm »

Yeah same, I usually don't even bother.  I think the unity gain is capped to irrelevancy in the lategame anyway.
It could be a RP thing but the leader traits like "cheaper outposts" or "more research" are better for that, mechanically and fluff-ally.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #9358 on: January 26, 2023, 02:10:30 pm »

It's mostly for roleplay indeed, i still find it funny to keep as a president that alien guy we discovered in one of the events, the bird guy that is the sole survivor of an alien race that disappeared thousands years ago.
And it does bode so well : that alien species auto destructed so let's elect the one that survived as our leader :D

Now for the unity point, out of using relics i don't have any more use of them as all the tradition slots and perks are filled already by now

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9359 on: January 26, 2023, 03:23:04 pm »

The best use of unity after you've filled out all of your traditions is to ascend as many ecumenopoleis to the highest planetary ascension level you can.  I think around level 8 or 9 it totally eliminates the rare resource upkeep of the districts, and the energy upkeep I think.  That's still true as far as I know, despite one of the recent patches saying that stuff like that is supposed to cap at -90% upkeep cost.  It also has the side benefit of reducing empire size from the pops on those planets, which is a small benefit but nice as a bonus.

That requires that you set the planet's specialization as just "Ecumenopolis" I think, since otherwise it probably just boosts construction time for districts or whatever other useless benefits the other specializations give.

In my last few games I've gotten 2 up to level 10, but also usually don't have more than 2 or 3 ecumenopoleis since it's impossible to get them populated in the end game, especially when I'm trying to get pops on ring worlds for research.
Pages: 1 ... 622 623 [624] 625 626 ... 632