Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1670227 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #945 on: March 11, 2016, 03:16:35 pm »

They've already talked about the next CK2 expansion, which hasn't been revealed yet. It's probably that.
Could be Mare Nostrum (for EU4), too.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: March 11, 2016, 03:18:44 pm »

It could also be that it's something they're publishing but not developing.

Drakale

• Bay Watcher
  • I will get my revenge~
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: March 11, 2016, 03:35:39 pm »

something something White Wolf

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: March 12, 2016, 09:17:01 am »

It could also be that it's something they're publishing but not developing.

Yeah, but we shall see. Anyway, am I the only one who is waiting for a 4x fantasy strategy developed by PD [& using the Clausewitz engine ofc]? It might happen one day.  8)
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 06:10:47 pm by gimli »

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: March 12, 2016, 03:16:00 pm »

this, its been a few months since they bought white wolf, and they've noted they've got huge game plans

edit: Whatever it is it appears to be by Obsidian: http://humanresources.paradoxplaza.com/ this quiz has their logo at  the end.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2016, 03:31:07 pm by Tilla »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: March 12, 2016, 06:13:08 pm »

Isn't Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian too?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: March 12, 2016, 06:21:57 pm »

Isn't Pillars of Eternity by Obsidian too?
Yup

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: March 12, 2016, 07:51:55 pm »

this, its been a few months since they bought white wolf, and they've noted they've got huge game plans

edit: Whatever it is it appears to be by Obsidian: http://humanresources.paradoxplaza.com/ this quiz has their logo at  the end.
Oh, it's something evil-themed, with that campy brand of evil that is utterly pointless and inefficient. I guess whatever it is, it won't be great.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: March 12, 2016, 11:37:37 pm »

Oh, it's something evil-themed, with that campy brand of evil that is utterly pointless and inefficient. I guess whatever it is, it won't be great.
I wonder.  If they go down the road of making a satire or parody akin to the Overlord series' treatment of the...well, the eponymous concept of the evil overlord, it might work.  Admittedly, I never played those games, but they seemed to be rather popular. 

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: March 13, 2016, 12:05:49 am »

The Overlord games were fun because of their gameplay, because the aesthetic really worked well, and because the writing generally didn't beat you over the head with itself. If the writing of this quiz is any indication, they haven't mastered that important last part, and the "Obsidian" label implies that they haven't mastered the first two parts. What's more, though Overlord pulled off some mildly amusing notions, that was never the focus, while Obsidian is a company where writing is their primary raison d'ętre, and putting this sort of writing at the forefront of a game is impossible to do well; it's a type of humor, taken originally from Dungeon Keeper where its primary virtue was novelty, that is built on the sardonic aside, on the small observation of a greater reality that shows it as bizarre after it has already been accepted. This is a type of humor that is allergic to the foreground, and doing too much of it makes it feel forced even when it's done well, which this shows no evidence of being.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: March 13, 2016, 12:16:45 am »

I just want to say that this is a 10/10 post.  I say this as someone who fucking *loves* Bullfrog, loved DK1, and enjoyed DK2 for expanding (inexpertly) on the DK1 premise.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: March 13, 2016, 07:09:45 am »

Maybe it is a Corporate HR simulator. That test seems a lot like I imagine job interviews for such positions to be.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: March 13, 2016, 07:36:41 am »

Bullfrog

They developed a couple of legendary games.. Populous, Powermonger, Syndicate, DK. (PS. One Explanation Behind EA 'Destroying' Bullfrog).

Anyway, back to the topic..Stellaris PL: "I think this has the potential to be our most successful game ever."
« Last Edit: March 13, 2016, 10:52:34 am by gimli »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: March 13, 2016, 02:44:50 pm »

Anyway, back to the topic..Stellaris PL: "I think this has the potential to be our most successful game ever."

In Paradox speak that means they foresee Stellaris being a vehicle for DLC until the heat death of the universe.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: March 13, 2016, 02:47:50 pm »

In Paradox speak that means they foresee Stellaris being a vehicle for DLC until the heat death of the universe.
If these dlcs are about as decent as the ones for CK2, I really don't see a problem.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 632