Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1666708 times)

XxoriginxX

Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« on: July 23, 2015, 10:41:37 pm »

Well, today Paradox decided to announce a new game that they're working on: Project Augustus. This is a new IP, and... that's all we know so far. Hints are promised every weekday until Gamescon where it will be revealed.

Hint #1: 7 and 3 are important numbers.
Hint #2: There will be no stabbing of pigs.
Hint #3: Terrain truly matters in this game.

EDIT: This now has a name and screenshots, and they're somewhere in this thread. Somewhere.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2020, 02:13:25 am by Toady One »

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
Re: Project Augustus
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2015, 11:15:34 pm »

So literally no information?

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2015, 11:21:19 pm »

I'm going to assume its about the venerable Augustus Minimus, famed Cybertronian philosopher from 10 million years before the Autobot/Decepticon war.  It'll be a rhythm/typing tutor game where you write Cybertronian poems to the beat of the music.
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2015, 11:46:35 pm »

I'm going to assume its about the venerable Augustus Minimus, famed Cybertronian philosopher from 10 million years before the Autobot/Decepticon war.  It'll be a rhythm/typing tutor game where you write Cybertronian poems to the beat of the music.
I am secretly hoping that you are right, just so that I can go into a giggling fit over it.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2015, 11:55:13 pm »

Clearly the name is a reference to US Governor Augustus Owsley Stanley, indicating a 19th-20th century political simulator ala Crusader Kings, but for modern republics.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2015, 12:51:54 am »

Nah, clearly it's a simulator of the colour purple. It'll be a multiplayer rogue-lite spycraft and statecraft advanced plutocratic idiosyncratic senate-syntax assimilation of modern day policies merged with historical precedent revolving around purple and all its meanings.

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 12:57:33 am »

Clearly it's a game where you run the most prestigious salad-restaurant in the world.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 01:01:23 am »

Seriously though, it will be a game set in the ancient Rome. However, instead of a strategy game - which would be continuing in the steps of Rome and this is new IP - it will be a first-person adoption simulator. You play Julius Ceasar, who is bleeding from multiple stabbing wounds, who must stumble through Rome looking for the best possible candidate as your adult man-child.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 01:12:50 am »

You're all overthinking it- the date of release is this August.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 01:14:34 am »

Seriously though, it will be a game set in the ancient Rome. However, instead of a strategy game - which would be continuing in the steps of Rome and this is new IP - it will be a first-person adoption simulator. You play Julius Ceasar, who is bleeding from multiple stabbing wounds, who must stumble through Rome looking for the best possible candidate as your adult man-child.
LOL

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2015, 01:15:05 am »

Project Augustus? Clearly about implementing and spreading the Julian Calendar across the world. A grand calendary game, if you will.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2015, 01:22:00 am »

Unless this happens to be Crusader Kings 3 or Victoria 3 my excitement level is zero.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2015, 01:48:07 am »

Unless this happens to be Crusader Kings 3 or Victoria 3 my excitement level is zero.

Let me help you with this.
There is one CK2 inteview that the dev clearly say that they have plan to make new IP with CK mechanic before they go CK3. :)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2015, 02:24:38 am »

Ancient times game would fit CK2 mechanics, since interpersonal relationships had huge effect back then and there was no nationalism or any other troublesome thingies.

The13thRonin

• Bay Watcher
  • Profession: Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2015, 02:26:58 am »

Let me help you with this.
There is one CK2 inteview that the dev clearly say that they have plan to make new IP with CK mechanic before they go CK3. :)

OK if it has the same mechanics might not be bad then.
I'm Digging Deeper... AGAIN... You Should Too!

Dig Deeper DIAMOND - 750+ items of new content including; new plants, new creatures, new metals, new woods, new gems, new stones, new crafts and much, much more.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 632