Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1659135 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Project Augustus
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2015, 05:10:18 am »

Unless this happens to be Crusader Kings 3 or Victoria 3 my excitement level is zero.

Let me help you with this.
There is one CK2 inteview that the dev clearly say that they have plan to make new IP with CK mechanic before they go CK3. :)

OK if it has the same mechanics might not be bad then.
I suspect it's 'we'd like to make an ancient Rome DLC for CK2 but it's too much individual research, altered mechanics, portraits and whatnot to make it just a DLC, so it's standalone'.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2015, 05:42:31 am »

In order to portray Rome and Carthage meaningfully, they would need a whole new set of mechanics for parliaments and parliamentary factions anyway.

Mipe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2015, 06:03:29 am »

I also believe this to be related to the Roman Empire.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2015, 06:40:49 am »

A real wild card would be something having to do with Far East, though. That is the place constantly ignored in Paradox games despite China having interesting and wild history for zillions of years.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2015, 06:48:51 am »

I'd say that there's no way P-Doxy would ever break their European focus, but they did end up eventually breaking their no Jews rule for CKII and EU4, so maybe, maybe...
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2015, 07:57:18 am »

If I was a tumblerinna, I would use your post to put up a shitstorm saying Paradox doesn't allow Jews inside their premises.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2015, 08:02:54 am »

I have honestly gotten to the "wary eye" level of suspicion towards Paradox regarding never allowing anything to do with Jews into their games during relevant historical periods until Sons of Abraham.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2015, 08:23:21 am »

It is just because lizard people are so OP compared to others. Multiplayer balance.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2015, 08:32:10 am »

Personally i hope for something like Emperor of the fading suns with CK2 mechanics.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2015, 10:28:38 am »

While I don't think Paradox will ever venture into scifi, Dune in CK2-like mechanics would be amazing.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2015, 12:29:30 pm »

While I don't think Paradox will ever venture into scifi, Dune in CK2-like mechanics would be amazing.

Damn, now I really want that.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

darkflagrance

• Bay Watcher
  • Carry on, carry on
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 24, 2015, 02:02:00 pm »

Damn, now I really want that.

Empire of the Fading Suns, with more awesome diplomacy, actual family dynamics, and less crashing.
...as if nothing really matters...

The Legend of Tholtig Cryptbrain: 8000 dead elves and a cyclops

Tired of going decades without goblin sieges? Try The Fortress Defense Mod

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 24, 2015, 02:05:11 pm »

Nah, my money is on some kind of FPS game where you play as Augustus Gloop, the ill fated German child from Roald Dahls "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory" in his goal to win a golden ticket by consuming ALL THE CHOCOLATE.
This is a blank sig.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 24, 2015, 02:24:28 pm »

I have honestly gotten to the "wary eye" level of suspicion towards Paradox regarding never allowing anything to do with Jews into their games during relevant historical periods until Sons of Abraham.
Well... I suspect the operative word was 'pogroms'. Or worse, in case of HoI.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 24, 2015, 02:24:57 pm »

I think Jews were already in Crusader Kings 1.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 632