Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1659051 times)

Sonlirain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Project Augustus
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2015, 10:26:47 am »

Well planets are terrain and it affects how useful they might be. Earthlike planets are more useful for farming than dustbowls.
"If you make something idiot proof, someone will just make a better idiot."
Self promotion below.
I have a mostly dead youtube channel.

Chosrau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 31, 2015, 03:52:05 am »

This is a project we've always dreamt about doing, something all of PI have been involved in, not just the PDS developers.

This hint is probably the first one that really makes me think it might be a space game.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 31, 2015, 05:01:13 am »

My Little Pony Universalis w/ ClopClop!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 31, 2015, 05:05:46 am »

This is a project we've always dreamt about doing, something all of PI have been involved in, not just the PDS developers.

This hint is probably the first one that really makes me think it might be a space game.
What might be cool is some kind of radical new era sci-fi set on Earth a century into the future, where the age of geopolitical stability has gone away due to technological advancement. It could be all about the struggle of the stagnant nation-states against new mass society concepts.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 31, 2015, 06:23:51 am »

My Little Pony Universalis w/ ClopClop!

that got weird quick.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 31, 2015, 08:30:42 am »

I think the smart money is on a space game now. They're even in the process of getting a trademark for two things, one called "Stellaris" and another called something like "Coriolis" - https://oami.europa.eu/eSearch/#details/owners/332862 (pages 2 and 3)

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 31, 2015, 10:46:04 am »

I've been waiting for a great 4X forever so if it is a space game, I'll go mail my boxers to Johan with a love note.

Bouchart

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_WORK]
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 31, 2015, 04:14:16 pm »

Papacy: the game
Gravedigger simulator

Combine the two and make a game about the Cadaver Synod.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 31, 2015, 04:33:05 pm »

Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Linenoise

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 31, 2015, 06:41:18 pm »

It's gonna be some alternative future where the Romans are still in power and now expanding their empire beyond Terra.
 8)

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2015, 10:26:11 pm »

Today's hint is "Elections and Technological Development are important parts of the game."

Sounds like something more modern, though it could still be Roman. I hope it is a more ahistorical grand strategy game this time around. Fantasy would be my favourite option, but elections don't sound very fantastical. Space could be fun too but the "terrain is important" hint doesn't really mesh so well with space.

EDIT: I totally missed that the hint was already posted above me. Need moar coffee.

I'll be very amused if it turns out to be Ancient Athens: The Game.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2015, 12:10:04 am »

It will be Warhammer 40k: Total Universalis

:D
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Vendayn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2015, 12:14:23 am »

Also

Marneus Augustus Calgar

:)
My own website for Skyrim, Fallout 4, and many other games: http://vendayn.wix.com/skyrimvendayn

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2015, 12:18:48 am »

The Ultramarines used to be SPEHSS Romans, right?
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Greenbane

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2015, 10:19:40 am »

Today's hint is "Elections and Technological Development are important parts of the game."

Sounds like something more modern, though it could still be Roman. I hope it is a more ahistorical grand strategy game this time around. Fantasy would be my favourite option, but elections don't sound very fantastical. Space could be fun too but the "terrain is important" hint doesn't really mesh so well with space.

EDIT: I totally missed that the hint was already posted above me. Need moar coffee.

I'll be very amused if it turns out to be Ancient Athens Aliens: The Game.

Fix'd.

Anyway, a sci-fi grand strategy game would be fantastic. However, going from historical to fictional brings a great challenge: coming up with excellent lore.

Another possibility is a modern, post-Cold War HoI-like game. Sort of like Supreme Ruler 2020 and SuperPower.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 10:23:34 am by Greenbane »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 632