Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1670388 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #2895 on: June 21, 2016, 01:28:29 pm »

9 months later umiman gave birth to a beautiful mod but CKII refused to acknowledge paternity.
umiman then proceeds to start a faction to place the mod in the patch. The faction ends in sadness as he tragically dies in a manure explosion.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2896 on: June 21, 2016, 04:15:27 pm »

9 months later umiman gave birth to a beautiful mod but CKII refused to acknowledge paternity.
umiman then proceeds to start a faction to place the mod in the patch. The faction ends in sadness as he tragically dies in a manure explosion.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2897 on: June 21, 2016, 06:20:47 pm »

perfect 5/7

That was worth more money than Stellaris is right now.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2898 on: June 21, 2016, 07:15:46 pm »

perfect 5/7

That was worth more money than Stellaris is right now.

I definitely got more enjoyment out of that than the Stellaris mid/endgame.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2899 on: June 21, 2016, 07:39:24 pm »

Asimov beta update is out. Just opt in from Stellaris properties beta tab.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

JumpingJack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2900 on: June 21, 2016, 08:03:52 pm »

still a better love story than twilight Snip.

I'M NOT HERE TO CHAT, I'M HERE TO DANCE OVER YOUR DEFEAT.
Imagine how much more exciting the dinosaur exhibits would be if we had necromancers.
Sigtext

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2901 on: June 21, 2016, 09:27:26 pm »

Asimov beta update is out. Just opt in from Stellaris properties beta tab.
Noice
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2902 on: June 21, 2016, 10:04:50 pm »

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #2903 on: June 21, 2016, 10:19:51 pm »

Honestly, that should just be the default. The sector's system as is is really stupid.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #2904 on: June 21, 2016, 10:55:01 pm »

It's not stupid, it's just poorly implemented. The idea is that it's really hard to govern huge numbers of planets at once, so splitting them into smaller chunks and then managing the chunks is a more sane approach. But the sector AI is atrocious and people don't want to be locked out of micromanaging if they so wish.
It's an easy fix, in my opinion, to keep the core systems cap, and allow construction etc. inside sectors with an influence cost to doing so. Better AI would also be nice, but such is Paradox.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Malus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2905 on: June 21, 2016, 11:09:45 pm »

I like what they're trying to do with the sector system, but the AI definitely needs improvement, or you need a better way of telling it what to do.

From a big picture point of view, I think the sector system is going to be key to making the game more of a GSG and less of a vanilla 4X. Treat them more like vassals in CK2. They should have their own elections, and optionally you can intervene or force your own leaders to run in them. Some kind of centralization policy could determine how much power and influence sectors have: at the lowest centralization levels, your sectors behave more like tributaries than cohesive parts of your empire.

Factions are cool, but they're not enough (yet).

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2906 on: June 22, 2016, 01:32:48 am »

So here we have prosperous not very big empire with

1) Fleet of warships with refined designs surpassing everything ever built outside of fallen empires
2) Finished research. Technological level of everyone short of fallen empires is pathetic.
3) 78 % population is made from  free synthetic bros, who are just awesome. And they are happy with their FREEDUMS, so they are outproducing everyone in the galaxy.
4) Surplus of every resource
5) Awesome long living wise experienced leaders
6) Bunch of vassal states all around to absorb the first strike of theoretical  enemy with any conventional engine( will not work against fallen empires, probably)
7) Legions of genetically modified spehss muhreens for devastating deep strikes
8 ) Reasanoble policies, which make everyone even more happy and productive
9) All key points protected by superior defensive fortresses
10) Small garrison of robotic soldiers on every planet to protect from sudden attacks

To sum up, we have utopia with enough power not to care about miserable plebs with their blue lasers.

The AI is not stupid enough not to ruin that, right? 
Lets open the console and type observe.

> AI makes useless fleets of outdated awful shipdesigns, that I forgot to delete
> AI starves himself of resources with mass producing this set of designs
> AI starts opressing robobros triggering synth rebellion chain of events
> AI changes all the policies in the most mentally retarded way possible, enraging everyone and ruining economics
> AI starts ten pointless wars with everyone( there is absolutely nothing to gain from them, really)
> AI gets REKT by robobros deciding to fight for their stolen FREEDUMS

Sector AI turned out to be somewhat smarter then grand AI.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #2907 on: June 22, 2016, 01:37:26 am »

That almost surpasses normal artificial lack of intelligence and becomes artificial stupidity, and is thus impressive.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2908 on: June 22, 2016, 06:49:05 am »

At this point I'm just patiently waiting in the bedroom while she does her hair.

LoL more like she went straight out of the bathroom and looking at me in the eyes said - "no bjs till I'm fifty"
It's like you met this girl on a dating site and you two seemed to hit it off really well. From her pictures she looked super fit and she seemed to carry herself off well. Not to mention you got to talk to her friends and they made you think she was great. When you decide to meet however, turns out she doesn't have money for the cab fare to get there so after some hesitation you decide to just pay for that.

She arrives. She looks pretty but she's shallow and extremely materialistic. You get the feeling she's not all there. She's fun to be with at first, but soon you realize two things. One, she seems to be just repeating what people have said before. Two, she's actually only 14-years-old. You were just completely bedazzled initially by her looks to notice.

So after an awkward first conta- meeting, you finally drop her back off at her place. You're feeling a bit regretful at the whole affair and kinda want your cab fare back (along with the other expenses she managed to accrue along the way). The door opens and 'lo and behold. Her dad is there. It's motherfucking Crusader Kings II. He's shirtless, abs glistening with sweat like he just finished another exhilarating workout. Hair parted in that perfect way that accentuates his perfect face. his eyes brimming with the spark and wisdom of age. He smiles a bit at you, knowingly with a dash of smugness that comes across as just beautiful in every way. There are a few scars on his chest which mark the signs of his intense battle to get to where he is. His hand decorated with the blood of the heathen. His magnificent DEUS VULT under the towel that he greets you in, huge in size and bursting with... DLC.

You take another look at Stellaris. She eyes you coquettishly, though you can't help but remind yourself how young she is, especially when compared to her father.

You realize what she might be when she becomes an adult, her pedigree might take her far.

But for now, you toss Stellaris into the bushes and jump into the arms of Crusader Kings II.
Post this as a steam review. More people deserve to see it.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2909 on: June 22, 2016, 09:34:27 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Post this as a steam review. More people deserve to see it.

You mind if I quote steal that for my steam review of the game?
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.
Pages: 1 ... 192 193 [194] 195 196 ... 632