Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1679481 times)

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #3840 on: November 26, 2016, 12:05:54 am »

Damn, I expected synthetic leaders to be immune to lol ded cuz 65 years old, m8.
Actually, they are not :c
Is...there anyway to have leaders live for a longer time that aren't necessarily coming across as 'ded in a few years'? :-X
I'm particularly attached to my leaders just because of that.
You can pick up one of the two racial traits at game generation: Enduring (+30 years) and Venerable (+90 years).  A third racial trait exists for uplifted species called Irradiated (+30 years), but you would need to replace your own original race with them just as you would for an all-synth empire.  Otherwise, you can emphasize Biology research in the Social category, which lets you pick up additional years (10 from Vitality Boosters, another 5 for each time you research the repeatable Cell Revitalization). 

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: November 26, 2016, 12:07:35 am »

Why would being irradiated INCREASE life expectancy?
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: November 26, 2016, 12:08:52 am »

Because pseudoscience.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • I wear many masks, none of them have names.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: November 26, 2016, 12:11:42 am »

civilizations that have mastered freakin FTL travel should know better. :P
This unit is known to the state of california to occasionally misuse technical language.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: November 26, 2016, 12:12:26 am »

Didn't you know?  Radiation is the newest cure-all for the modern world.  Radium toothpaste.  Radium bath salts.  Radon water supplements.  Uranium sand beds.  And don't forget to pick up your free container of Radithor™, Perpetual Sunshine® and A Cure for The Living Dead®.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 12:14:33 am by Culise »

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: November 26, 2016, 01:04:59 am »

Stellaris runs on comic book logic.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
  • I've been told that waffles are no longer funny.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: November 26, 2016, 02:15:19 am »

Hey! My jedi sword-wielding psionic warriors are very realistic, thank you.
Quote from: RAM
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

IcyTea31

• Bay Watcher
  • Studying functions and fiction
    • View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: November 26, 2016, 02:23:58 am »

Irradiated species have evolved to adapt to the radioactive and otherwise hazardous environment of their homeworld. These adaptations probably include such things as a better mechanism for DNA repair and faster cell division, perhaps even secondary internal organs. Take them to a safer environment and they are likely to have a longer life expectancy than creatures that evolved on more benign planets.
There is a world yet only seen by physicists and magicians.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: November 26, 2016, 02:40:47 am »

Hey! My jedi sword-wielding psionic warriors are very realistic, thank you.
Ahh, reminds me of one big important thing...

...When I equip my armies, their equipment seems bound to the planet they're on (friendly, dockable), so when I invade with armies, they come up as blank! (Defending armies can have equipment but I've never seen the AI equip them other than spawning loads of defensive armies on the go)

Where did their fancy equipment go? My psionic commandos are not present :< The same follows my Star Wars/Clone Wars imagery! Where are my Jedi Knights? D:
« Last Edit: November 26, 2016, 02:52:41 am by Tiruin »

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: November 26, 2016, 03:17:44 am »

I can't say I've had that problem. This game I equipped my assault armies with PSI warriors from the get-go and have invaded+occupied multiple planets and they've retained their attachments throughout the various campaigns.
You should really look to the wilderness for your stealth ideas, it has been doing it much longer than you have after all. Take squids for example, that ink trick works pretty well, and in water too! So you just sneak into the dam upsteam, dump several megatons of distressed squid into it, then break the dam. Boom, you suddenly have enough water-proof stealth for a whole city!

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: November 26, 2016, 04:33:54 am »

i was waiting for transport tech, i finally releaised that after 50 years into a campaign that i could create attack armies and put em in transports , doh i would have started my galactic conquest a long time ago otherwise

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: November 26, 2016, 06:14:13 am »

...When I equip my armies, their equipment seems bound to the planet they're on (friendly, dockable), so when I invade with armies, they come up as blank! (Defending armies can have equipment but I've never seen the AI equip them other than spawning loads of defensive armies on the go)

Where did their fancy equipment go? My psionic commandos are not present :< The same follows my Star Wars/Clone Wars imagery! Where are my Jedi Knights? D:
You have the weirdest bugs. ???

A quick search confirms that armies vanishing or being stuck were an issue for some people in the past, but I haven't been able to find anything on losing their attachments. Does it always happen?
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: November 26, 2016, 06:22:17 am »

You have the weirdest bugs. ???

A quick search confirms that armies vanishing or being stuck were an issue for some people in the past, but I haven't been able to find anything on losing their attachments. Does it always happen?
Yes o_O
I dock my attack armies on the homeworld, equip them with the neoconcrete fortifications all, then attack a planet I'm at war with. The attachments don't seem to carry over when it's all blank, and despite winning (and getting the planet into friendly territory, meaning 're-equip'), I re-equip them with different attachments.

When I sally them forth back onto the homeworld, they're back to the original attachments. >______>

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: November 26, 2016, 06:24:18 am »

Irradiated species have evolved to adapt to the radioactive and otherwise hazardous environment of their homeworld. These adaptations probably include such things as a better mechanism for DNA repair and faster cell division, perhaps even secondary internal organs. Take them to a safer environment and they are likely to have a longer life expectancy than creatures that evolved on more benign planets.

This
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

Chiefwaffles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: November 26, 2016, 07:33:01 am »

GAHHHHH
What is the counter to an AI fleet of about 6-10k equipped with all plasma weaponry and with well-rounded armor and shields? (And the auxiliary shield capacitor things which we both have.)

I don't know why, but I just can't win. I always outnumber them but no matter what designs I field, I get crushed. I have better tech and more ships, but for whatever reason they melt through my ships at insane rates while I spend ages carving off the forever-regenerate shields.

I've tried all sorts of combinations of disrupters, plasma, and kinetics but I just keep getting crushed.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 632