Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1670020 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #4215 on: February 09, 2017, 10:06:25 pm »

Though it's not written by him, it's written by Wiz, who enjoyed the style.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4216 on: February 09, 2017, 11:06:16 pm »

Is it okay to talk about other Paradox games here? The lack of a Paradox General makes me sad.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Man of Paper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4217 on: February 09, 2017, 11:14:36 pm »

If anything, the list of bonuses continues for a comically long time, substantially improving literally every stat possible for the empire, with no negatives at all.

Do not do this.
...In a gaming perspective, this will challenge people to develop the most overblown kinda strategy in expecting what happens later.

And then what'll happen after the timer runs out is just a 'Game Over' sign. :P
But I am curious... :I

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4218 on: February 09, 2017, 11:27:57 pm »

Is it okay to talk about other Paradox games here? The lack of a Paradox General makes me sad.
Probably best not to. The Stellaris discussion is pretty active already.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #4219 on: February 09, 2017, 11:44:44 pm »

That said, I don't see any reason why other Paradox threads can't be used for most games.  The CK2 and EU4 threads are quite active and could cover their respective families (CK1/DV and EU1-3, respectively), and the HOI4 thread is not so old as to be beyond the pale.  It's really only poor Vicky 2 that's left out in the dust here; this is the newest thread I could find at 1.5 years since the last post, which might be a bit much, and its OP is really in no state 'tall.

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #4220 on: February 09, 2017, 11:52:20 pm »

Which is a shame, because Vicky is my favorite Paradox title.
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4221 on: February 10, 2017, 06:35:15 am »

You could MAKE a paradox general thread, or just discuss the other games in their threads. I think most/all of the games have one.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4222 on: February 10, 2017, 07:59:01 am »

I havent really played stellaris in a while so i tried a test game.

I ended up antagonizing my 2 larger, more powerful neighbors by rapidly claiming planets near them that i couldnt actually colonize. So i researched androids and used them to colonize. They ended up wanting their independence. So i gave it to them and made them a vassal nation.

They exploded in pop after colonizing the rest of those planets i couldnt. I have a loyal army of killbots. This is cool.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4223 on: February 10, 2017, 12:09:17 pm »

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #4224 on: February 11, 2017, 09:07:14 pm »

When are they going to get this dang update?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4225 on: February 11, 2017, 09:26:32 pm »

I think it's only been around two months since the last one, so I'd loosely guess another month or two.

On the other hand, they're probably running out of things to talk about, so it might be slightly shorter, or we might just get multiple DLC-exclusive dev diaries in a row.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #4226 on: February 11, 2017, 09:50:19 pm »

I'm expecting them to detail the other two main ascension paths (tech and biological) then announce a DLC release date around the end of March.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4227 on: February 12, 2017, 03:40:35 am »

I'm expecting them to detail the other two main ascension paths (tech and biological) then announce a DLC release date around the end of March.
Sounds reasonable. They do weekly updates and we already know next week's isn't an ascension path, so they might alternate ascension path and not, which would mean at least four more weeks. I'd guess it'll be at least six weeks from here, though, simply because they usually run out of substantial things to talk about and spend a dev diary on art, music, or whatever else someone can slap together as they get to the end of the cycle.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4228 on: February 12, 2017, 07:23:23 am »

I'm hoping the other options will be as interesting as the shroud, cuz more interesting stuff is all well and good but it'd suck to be locked into a particular type of society in order to have an interesting game.

Speaking of the shroud, watching a bit more of their livestreams has, partially, assuaged my worries that it's going to be esoteric bullshit. I guess we're still yet to see how they will handle the deeper stuff in it, but in the livestream they mentally entered the shroud, found a spirit behind a psi shield, attacked it, which drove their psychics mad but in doing so they learned enough about the shield to make it as a ship part. That's the exact level of bullshit spess magics that I'm comfortable with. Contrasting with the stuff actually written by Alexis Kennedy "The universe tends irresistibly onwards and downwards. That tendency cannot be reversed... but it can be subverted, for a price." Bleh.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2017, 07:25:37 am by Criptfeind »

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #4229 on: February 14, 2017, 02:39:28 pm »

To be fair,
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i
Pages: 1 ... 280 281 [282] 283 284 ... 632