Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1687033 times)

Wolock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #4485 on: April 10, 2017, 01:02:22 am »

Actual Ethos are Egalitarian, Xenophile and Pacifist for Gaians and Egalitarian, Materialist and Pacifist for Morganites. I should probably change Xenophile for Spiritualist, makes more sense in the new version with ascension. In SMAC, Gaians hates Morgan only when he runs Free Market and nothing prevents me to run Green Economy if the Gaians are doing well and I want to avoid conflict.

Anyway, here's an update:
Spoiler: 2250 Galactic Center (click to show/hide)

The Earth Remnant ended up at war with the Angels and the U.N. in the late 20's and eventually the Gurite joined them. Trying to avoid being blocked the Hive decided to attack the Remnant and absorbed them. (Including Alpha Centauri) The Hive then ended up continuing the war against the Angels, U.N. and Gurite which ended in '48. Surprisingly the Hive was able to take one planet from the U.N.. It remains to see if the Hive can survive alone surround by enemies.

Spoiler: Lord's Dominion (click to show/hide)

Around 2230, a war erupted between the Pirates and the Spartans. It took only two years to the Spartan to win and take all the Pirates planets. Soon after that, the Believer's and the small purple empire (A new spacefaring spiritualist race) declared war against the Cybernetic Conciousness. The Conciousness fought a bitter war and was on the losing side of it. They still retain two worlds and are improving relations with the Spartan.

Actually they are pretty neutral to each other and don't have any treaty between them.

IWishIWereSarah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4486 on: April 10, 2017, 01:03:18 am »

I had no idea Holy Fallen Empires considered all tomb worlds to be their holy worlds...
Yeah, msot Tomb Worlds and Gaia Worlds nearby usually are Holy.
You can usually guess that from the Worlds' names (the "prophet's retreat" will be a Holy World), but I think I've found normally named Worlds to be Holy :/

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4487 on: April 10, 2017, 01:29:39 am »

Trying to decide whether to buy this game or not. I have the desire to do a Space Pirate a-la Metroid game, and I'm not entirely sure that Stellaris would let me do it justice. Thoughts?
Good question.. How willing are you at stretching your empire idea to suit the game's mechanics?

So far, the game doesn't support playing as a planet-less nomadic fleet.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 01:35:20 am by Ultimuh »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4488 on: April 10, 2017, 01:38:07 am »

I had no idea Holy Fallen Empires considered all tomb worlds to be their holy worlds...
Yeah, msot Tomb Worlds and Gaia Worlds nearby usually are Holy.
You can usually guess that from the Worlds' names (the "prophet's retreat" will be a Holy World), but I think I've found normally named Worlds to be Holy :/
No, I meant they consider EVERY tomb world on the map to be holy. I went to take over Sol so I could uplift the cockroaches. Then the holy FE from across the map decided to declare war on me because of it.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4489 on: April 10, 2017, 01:38:49 am »

They really forgot to make the expansions compatible with each other.

That doesn't set a good precedent for the future.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4490 on: April 10, 2017, 01:42:48 am »

Trying to decide whether to buy this game or not. I have the desire to do a Space Pirate a-la Metroid game, and I'm not entirely sure that Stellaris would let me do it justice. Thoughts?
Eh. Not really. There's no phazon or metroid equivalents, you can't do cybernetics and gene-modding at the same time, and piracy is not only not doable by you, it's not very good even as a thorn in your side since trade isn't really in.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4491 on: April 10, 2017, 01:46:08 am »

The game is quite moddable though, since it is built on the Clausewitz engine.
So you could technically make some of these things, provided you know how the engine works.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4492 on: April 10, 2017, 01:57:59 am »

Actual Ethos are Egalitarian, Xenophile and Pacifist for Gaians and Egalitarian, Materialist and Pacifist for Morganites. I should probably change Xenophile for Spiritualist, makes more sense in the new version with ascension. In SMAC, Gaians hates Morgan only when he runs Free Market and nothing prevents me to run Green Economy if the Gaians are doing well and I want to avoid conflict.
Huh, yeah.  They're barred from planned, not green.
And that sounds like what I guessed, except that I assumed the Gaians were spiritualistic.  Tough choice between spiritualistic and xenophile though.  I think maybe you had it right with xenophile (open to interpretation, of course, since no faction gets along with the Progenitors).

I can't speak to this game, having not played it, but that doesn't sound likely in any grand strategy.  This one does seems to have less emphasis on "wide" than most 4X, but still.

That's not stretching it at all- space pirates in the Metroid games had plenty of planets. That's kind of the plot of most of the games. You're battling space pirates on planets; only the opener of Prime 1 was on a space station. Prime 3 goes more into this and gives them a whole system, if I recall.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Shadowlord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4493 on: April 10, 2017, 04:48:18 am »

The Last Federation is pretty fun.
<Dakkan> There are human laws, and then there are laws of physics. I don't bike in the city because of the second.
Dwarf Fortress Map Archive

TempAcc

• Bay Watcher
  • [CASTE:SATAN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4494 on: April 10, 2017, 07:29:15 am »

It seems AI in general seems more agressive since the last time I played. I was used to just sitting in the middle of rival empires of equivalent strenght and they'd never attack me, now this has finally happened, to the point I actualy feel somewhat threatened! This by itself, is a good change.

Also ye, the droid + private colony ships thing seem pretty op so far.
On normal internet forums, threads devolve from content into trolling. On Bay12, it's the other way around.
There is no God but TempAcc, and He is His own Prophet.

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4495 on: April 10, 2017, 11:53:59 am »

I've used AIs in other games enough to never want to use them again.  I don't know if it's in stellaris or not but a single robot population gives me great fear of an AI rebellion so I never build them.  I think it was a game of Sword of the Stars where my empire was completely destroyed by one.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 11:55:43 am by Greiger »
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • "Lest he be compelled to labor."
    • View Profile
« Reply #4496 on: April 10, 2017, 12:25:19 pm »

I always assumed that the space pirates were an actual alien race with their own territory and stuff. The only reason why they're called "space pirates" and samus is a "bounty hunter" is so the federation can convince the people on earth that they're not at war. :P
It is good to choose your battles. It is better to choose your wars.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4497 on: April 10, 2017, 12:27:32 pm »

I always assumed that the space pirates were an actual alien race with their own territory and stuff. The only reason why they're called "space pirates" and samus is a "bounty hunter" is so the federation can convince the people on earth that they're not at war. :P
Yeah, I think in Metroid they're an actual race. It's pretty funny like that.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4498 on: April 10, 2017, 01:03:29 pm »

armageddon bombardment cant kill for shit  ???
Solution is, of course, mods.

Also yes, afaik the Pirates in metroid are an actual race.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #4499 on: April 10, 2017, 01:12:45 pm »

Metroids mutated fro mpazon exposure. one particular one mutated hella badly and became metroid prime, then dark samus later after it steals your phazon suit but otherwise fails to take samus with it in defeat.

Quick wiki search.
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.
Pages: 1 ... 298 299 [300] 301 302 ... 632