Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1687430 times)

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #5385 on: November 09, 2017, 10:52:39 am »

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: November 09, 2017, 11:15:25 am »

I declare Casus Belli on Alpha Centauri!
Tales of your misdeeds are told from Sol to Blorg. This is a formal declaration of WAR. Our armies shall meet on the field of battle. (CK2 still has the best war messages)

The game sorely needed these changes.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: November 09, 2017, 11:37:43 am »

Yeah, I like these changes.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Karnewarrior

• Bay Watcher
  • That guy who used to be here all the time
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: November 09, 2017, 11:38:51 am »

I declare Casus Belli on Alpha Centauri!
Tales of your misdeeds are told from Sol to Blorg. This is a formal declaration of WAR. Our armies shall meet on the field of battle. (CK2 still has the best war messages)
Prepare yourselves, filthy Human. The Xor'Quol are now marching to claim our rightful soil on Aurora! Our ships shall shatter your defenses and blot out the light of Sol over Earth! This is a formal declaration of WAR!

[ ] You'll regret this move, Xor'Quol Consortium!
Thou art I, I art Thou.
The trust you have bestowed upon thy comrade is now reciprocated in turn.
Thou shall be blessed when calling upon personae of the Hangman Arcana.
May this tie bind thee to a brighter future!​
Ikusaba Quest! - Fistfighting space robots for the benefit of your familial bonds to Satan is passe, so you call Sherlock Holmes and ask her to pop by.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: November 09, 2017, 11:46:55 am »

I think what I like most about these changes is how claims/war goals/whatever affect how War Exhaustion grows. So you can have quick border skirmishes to claim a few systems or long, drawn out battles to the death. It'll be a nice change of pace from the usual 'Every war is a major climatic event' that we usually see in these kinds of games. It might make getting blitzed by another empire annoying though, as they take a few systems from you and hold out long enough to force a white peace/status quo/whatever. But if you can do the same to a large empire and enjoy a 10 year period of not getting ganked... We'll see how it works out.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5390 on: November 09, 2017, 03:13:07 pm »

It's a pretty good new system overall. Seems like there might be a lot more superfluous clicking where borders were handled automatically before, as you basically move them manually in all situations now. But much better than what currently exists.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: November 09, 2017, 07:20:57 pm »

it does seem to be an improvement over what exists now, and paradox will probably keep developing this game for 3-4 years to come with more dlc so the future looks very nice

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: November 09, 2017, 07:43:50 pm »

It's also worth pointing out that it combines well with the new borders and forced hyperlanes. Making it more strategic, though less realistic. Because you actually have lines of engagement now, and everyone operates on the same playing field.

Just a few more centuries of patches before this game becomes great. We're almost there.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: November 11, 2017, 10:30:17 pm »

Anyone else feel like someone should make a "GM Mod" for Stellaris? The debug/cheat menu could already be used to such effect regardless, but it feels like it would be an interesting tool for anyone doing a sci-fi themed game.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: November 12, 2017, 10:58:30 am »

I want to make a race of vampires. Basically, dudes that live extraordinarily long lives and farm other sentients for "blood" (food). I don't want to purge them for food, mind, I want slave pops to serve as renewable food sources. Therefore, the gestalt consciousnesses are out. What's the best sort of traits and civics to choose for these vampires? Should I pursue the genetic engineering lines of ascension perks?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dostoevsky

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: November 12, 2017, 12:58:14 pm »

I want to make a race of vampires. Basically, dudes that live extraordinarily long lives and farm other sentients for "blood" (food). I don't want to purge them for food, mind, I want slave pops to serve as renewable food sources. Therefore, the gestalt consciousnesses are out. What's the best sort of traits and civics to choose for these vampires? Should I pursue the genetic engineering lines of ascension perks?

Not sure whether you're intending to play Vanilla or not, but there's a semi-recent mod that might of interest on that front: "Syncretic Plus." Starting with some delicious-trait pops, for example.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: November 12, 2017, 01:03:33 pm »

Not sure whether you're intending to play Vanilla or not, but there's a semi-recent mod that might of interest on that front: "Syncretic Plus." Starting with some delicious-trait pops, for example.
Nah, I don't care about Vanilla all that much (but I don't like cheaty mods). Syncretic Plus looks perfect! Thanks.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5397 on: November 12, 2017, 02:57:40 pm »

Huh. My very first Horizon Signal event triggering, and it just so happens to be my vampire race. Fairly early in the game too; no colonies, no frontier outposts, just exploration and five jumps from the homeworld.

This will get interesting fast, I believe.

andrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: November 12, 2017, 03:06:22 pm »

what was will be. what will be, was.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: November 12, 2017, 03:51:23 pm »

Worm-senpai has noticed you.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 358 359 [360] 361 362 ... 632