Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1658860 times)

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #5715 on: January 11, 2018, 02:47:23 pm »

World Cracker: Shatters a planet, leaving behind a broken debris field that can be mined for resources. Available to non-Pacifists.
    Global Pacifier: Encases the planet in an impenetrable shield, permanently cutting it off from the rest of the galaxy. A research station can be built to study the planet afterwards.
    Neutron Sweep: Destroys most higher forms of life on the planet but leaves the infrastructure intact for colonization. Available to non-Spiritualist, non-Pacifist empires.
    God Ray: Converts all organic Pops on the planet to spiritualist and destroys all machine/synthetic pops, as well as massively increasing spiritualist ethics attraction on the planet for a time. Available to Spiritualist empires.
    Nanobot Dispersal: Assimilates all Pops on the planet, causing it to defect to your empire with its newly cyborgized population. Only available to Driven Assimilators (and thus requires Synthetic Dawn as well).

But I feel like the God Ray weapon seems to be the least interesting of them all.
They could have done something a bit more.. spectacular of it.
But that's just me I guess.

Knock Knock.

Who's that at the galactic door?

It's JESUS!

Thanks Bill Wurtz.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5716 on: January 11, 2018, 03:31:36 pm »

Make one that changes everyone's ethos to militarist and call it the WAAAAAAGGHH beam.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5717 on: January 11, 2018, 03:58:07 pm »

Ion cannons, aka titan grade weaponry defence platforms sound interesting.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5718 on: January 11, 2018, 04:15:14 pm »

Make one that changes everyone's ethos to militarist and call it the WAAAAAAGGHH beam.
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD. SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5719 on: January 11, 2018, 04:55:33 pm »

The permanent planetary shield sounds silly, but I like it because it's like the ones in Star Control 2 (:
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #5720 on: January 11, 2018, 05:06:04 pm »

Shielded worlds have been in since release, yeah?

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5721 on: January 11, 2018, 05:30:07 pm »

As an anomaly, yes. But not as something you could do yourself.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5722 on: January 11, 2018, 05:55:12 pm »

Yeah as entities that exist in the hearts of Fanatic Xenophobe fallen Empires. They usually contain stuff like ships or an admiral inside them. I think it'd be funny to have mods where you accidentally unleash a prethoryn or something from one of them lol, but otherwise they're pretty inconsequential right now. Permanently shielding every single planet in the cosmos is just hilarious

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5723 on: January 11, 2018, 06:02:23 pm »

We are going to desperately need a mod to be able to do this to ourselves so fanatic pacifists can shield everyone else and then themselves. Also so that  fanatic xenophiles can crack their own planets that took in order to compete in the galaxy before they purged everyone. The people living on those planets were tainted anyway.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2018, 06:12:14 pm by Criptfeind »

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #5724 on: January 11, 2018, 06:39:00 pm »

I want to play as an Xenophobic, Isolationist Empire which seals everyone else away so they can have the galaxy to themselves.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #5725 on: January 11, 2018, 07:44:58 pm »

Conquer the galaxy, purge or relocate any pops which live on the same planet as a different species (such that each planet is populated by only one species), gaia terraform, bubble everything. Good, clean.
Seems like a fun goal for Rogue Servitors.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5726 on: January 11, 2018, 07:50:03 pm »

I want to play as an Xenophobic, Isolationist Empire which seals everyone else away so they can have the galaxy to themselves.

... the ur-quan? ha  ;)

now i need to make an ur-quan mod.
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5727 on: January 12, 2018, 01:46:56 pm »

God Ray = Inquisition 
Organic Pop on the planet are either purged(for heresy), convert to spiritualist, or escape the planet as refugees.  All machine and synthetic pops will be purged or escape as refugees.

... Now add in civilian transport fleets that represent a pop leaving a planet and going to another....  / wandering for a place that would take them.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5728 on: January 13, 2018, 03:11:09 am »

This game needs more space traffic in general, it's all too orderly and concentrated right now.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5729 on: January 13, 2018, 03:25:28 am »

This game needs more space traffic in general, it's all too orderly and concentrated right now.

I can think of three mods (last to a limited degree) off the top of my head:

Civilian Trade:             https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=693402022
ISBS - Living Systems: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=741194923
SGM Supply Lines:       https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=929400957
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon
Pages: 1 ... 380 381 [382] 383 384 ... 632