Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1670608 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #5730 on: January 13, 2018, 05:32:11 am »

Bless these modders for making such wonderful modifications

*EDIT
Flying advertisement drones in space is just pure beauty
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 05:35:16 am by Loud Whispers »

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: January 13, 2018, 07:45:14 am »

*EDIT
Flying advertisement drones in space is just pure beauty

Too bad they tend to lag my game on a 1000 system galaxy.
I do like these mods, but I also like to have a relatively stable game running.

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: January 13, 2018, 01:59:42 pm »

Dev's released a first look video a couple days ago here.  Planetary shield generator has been buffed quite a bit, to reduce orbital bombardment by 75% and is completely immune to orbital bombardment itself.

Edit: Also, armageddon bombardment turns the planets into a tomb world.  Don't know if that was known or not.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 02:02:26 pm by Zanzetkuken The Great »
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: January 13, 2018, 09:31:21 pm »

If only this game could stop crashing. :/
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: January 19, 2018, 04:37:22 am »

I have never had Stellaris crash on me. Are you running piles of mods or something?

Also, did anyone ever get a clear answer from Paradox why the psionic branch is so much better then the Synthetic and biomod ascentions? I mean, the differences aren't even comparable:

Psionic:
- access to one of the best armies + support mods
- access to the best drive technology without having to fight a fallen/awakened empire for it
- best shield technology
- best combat computer technology
- best leader bonuses
- boss-tier ship spawn

Biomod:
You can mod your species better. Yay. No extra techs, troops are less powerful then the psi warriors.

Synthetic:
Your leaders are immortal. That said, why not just play a robot from the start. No extra techs, nothing particularly special.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: January 19, 2018, 05:39:12 am »

Synthetic's +20% to ALL resources production on your pops isn't "nothing special" (not to mention the ability to make the right pop for each and every tile, unlike genetic ascensions absolute hellish micromanagement if you try to do the same.) and 100% habitability is at least somewhat useful if you have some good worlds previously not taken over because of habitability.

Synthetics leader bonuses are also comparable to psionic ones, I'd argue that their governor and Ruler bonus is significantly better, the general bonus is unimportant probably but better, and the other two leaders are slightly worse the their Psi counterparts (except the chosen one admiral, who's an absolute beast and is significantly better then a Synth Admiral)

Sapient Combat Computers is about as good as Precognitive Combat Computers. Not really Synth vs Psi, but Psi vs everyone else there.

Army wise their bonuses don't matter for much either way, but I'd argue that five free android armies is a better army bonus then the psi armies, especially since psi armies aren't universally great against everything, specifically robot and android armies, and they cost quite a bit more then android armies for what's basically a bonus to winning close fights (moral damage doesn't increase the speed of taking the planet, so for almost all army combats it doesn't actually matter to the outcome, and attachment wise clone commanders is probably the best attachment)

Immortal rulers also isn't nothing although yeah, as I've argued previously in this thread it's also not that significant.

All in all I think the Synth bonuses are significantly better then Psi bonuses, although they are comparable and have trade offs (certainly the fact that psi is free is pretty good). Genetic Ascension is just... Not nearly as good as the others imo. Although it's probably not absolutely terrible. If you already had a heavily micromanaged empire with distinct pops working resource tiles (maybe a slaver Syncretic Evolution game? I've never been able to finish one of those, the management was just too fiddly for me) it'd probably be quite good, although the lack of leader traits is pretty meh. "Genetic Paragon" or something for some bonuses would be nice. But it's clearly the "we only thought of two things, both pretty niche, so I guess here's this for people outside that niche" path. Better then Synthetic Age I guess.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 05:40:55 am by Criptfeind »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5736 on: January 19, 2018, 06:01:58 am »

Biomod:
You can mod your species better. Yay. No extra techs, troops are less powerful then the psi warriors.

Missing the most significant feature of this:
-You can remove and add traits at will.

Allows you to create super locust pops and uber pops. Share uber pops with your allies, share super locust pops with your rivals. Tailor make your pops to your worlds specifications at will.

Synthetic ascension sucks. It's worse than cybernetics, so upgrading into synthetics downgrades your cybernetic organics. You can have the benefit of synth resource output without the loss of leader traits or the loss of species resulting from synthetic upgrading... By simply building synths instead of using two ascension perks

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: January 19, 2018, 07:14:30 am »

Cyborgs are better then Synths? I don't see how. The cyborg trait doesn't really give very much at all to pops, it sorta feels like a tax you have to pay between fully organic and Synthetic. And... Synths don't loose their leader traits afaik?

That said it's true you can just build synths to get the synth bonuses. Which is, like, significant. Although if you have migration treaties in the middish lategameish time, you can often get tons of pops from other empires migrating to your worlds, and then turn all their sorta crappy pops into great synth pops for free (Although you could do that with bio ascension as well, for a higher cost) which is significant as well. And like, if Synths are better anyway, it feels like you'd want your whole pop to be them. The real bonus of synth ascension sorta feels like the ability to grow your population of robots super fast, first with organic free growth and migration and later with migration treaties. And then take all those shitty organic pops and turn them into synth super pops for free.

Mono world empires in the late game can I guess benefit from genetic ascension more, that's true. So do Synths to a lesser degree. Especially organic slaves on monoworlds (or otherwise distinct from your main species, potentially via being a slave race.... Or by making Synths your "main" species and nerve stapling your actual guys) I think I'd rather have Synths in the power stations and research labs, and super genemoded organic slaves in the mines. (Or best of both worlds if you're optimizing for minerals, Synth slaves.)

Searching online has some people saying that you can make Synths have Caste system if that's how you are when you ascended. If that's true (thinking about it, I've never done a robot game with slaves so I have no idea... I don't actually know if the slavery bonuses even apply to Synths! Although the wiki seems to imply that they do) You wouldn't quite have the minerals of Very Strong/Industrious/nerve stapled/ServilesorProles slaves under synth leaders (+40% from synths and +45% for the full combo on organics, before slavery bonuses). On the other hand you wouldn't have to take Syncretic Species or hope to find and uplift the right presapient.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 07:19:16 am by Criptfeind »

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: January 19, 2018, 10:36:41 am »

Synthetic ascension sucks. It's worse than cybernetics, so upgrading into synthetics downgrades your cybernetic organics. You can have the benefit of synth resource output without the loss of leader traits or the loss of species resulting from synthetic upgrading... By simply building synths instead of using two ascension perks

The only advantage that cybernetics have over synthetics are the advantages that regular, non-cybernetic pops get. Cyborg leader traits are strictly worse than synthetic ones, and the cyborg pop trait offers only army damage and habitability. With the addition of robomodding in Synthetic Dawn, cyborgs are only better than synths at collecting minerals while requiring slightly more micromanagement for slightly less gain. Synths produce more energy, slightly more research, way more unity, have immortal leaders, maximum habitability, require less consumer goods, and consume energy instead of food which is way more efficient (7 base food production for 3 energy versus 8 energy for no upkeep). So unless I'm missing something really good, I'm not sure how cyborgs are way better than synths that you shouldn't upgrade them.

Also, am I the only one that finds it ironic that organic pops are significantly better at collecting minerals than synths but worse at research/unity? You'd think it'd be the other way around but apparently not.

Allows you to create super locust pops and uber pops. Share uber pops with your allies, share super locust pops with your rivals. Tailor make your pops to your worlds specifications at will.

Having seen the AI at work, I can assure you that they don't need locust pops to sabotage their economy. The AI can do that very well on its own. :v
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 10:38:39 am by USEC_OFFICER »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5739 on: January 19, 2018, 12:08:45 pm »

The only advantage that cybernetics have over synthetics are the advantages that regular, non-cybernetic pops get.
And these advantages are way fucking juicy to the max; cybernetics add to the juiciness of options available to organics, synthetics override them.

Synths produce more energy, slightly more research, way more unity, have immortal leaders, maximum habitability, require less consumer goods, and consume energy instead of food which is way more efficient (7 base food production for 3 energy versus 8 energy for no upkeep). So unless I'm missing something really good, I'm not sure how cyborgs are way better than synths that you shouldn't upgrade them.
Energy is meaningless, synth research is inferior to psionic intelligent or erudite (not factoring in natural scientist bonuses), leaders never die already, unity is impossible to not accrue and ends up being useless at the end, habitability is not as powerful as it once was now that organics can colonize everything too, organic food is superior - most food is provided by paradise gardens (giving +5% happiness) and additional food accelerates organic pop growth for which there exists no mechanic for synthetic pops to replicate. The most major flaw is that the evolutionary and psionic ascension paths can exploit all of the strengths of synthetics with none of the weaknesses whilst retaining the strengths of organics AND gaining exclusive advantages from their ascension paths.

Also, am I the only one that finds it ironic that organic pops are significantly better at collecting minerals than synths but worse at research/unity? You'd think it'd be the other way around but apparently not.
imo all traits, organic and inorganic need great exaggerations to give them all greater feels in mechanical playstyles. Top it all off, synths are probably greatly undervalued for their theoretical output - imagine you have a worker that never sleeps, they should be greatly more productive than they actually are in game (unless synths spend half the day shitposting?).

Having seen the AI at work, I can assure you that they don't need locust pops to sabotage their economy. The AI can do that very well on its own. :v
But it is adorable seeing your little cute locusts spread everywhere, especially if they're uplifted ones that love your Empire & only your Empire

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: January 19, 2018, 01:48:27 pm »

Energy is meaningless, leaders never die already, unity is impossible to not accrue and ends up being useless at the end, habitability is not as powerful as it once was now that organics can colonize everything too, organic food is superior - most food is provided by paradise gardens (giving +5% happiness) and additional food accelerates organic pop growth for which there exists no mechanic for synthetic pops to replicate.

Energy is definitely not meaningless. Late-game fleets take up a ton of energy maintenance and I've felt the crunch plenty of times before. At the very least, more energy production means less tiles spent producing energy and more on stuff you really want. As a organic empire I've never really experienced the 'leaders never die' thing but you're probably right on that point. I see your point on habitability too. While unity is impossible not to accumulate, having the bonus is nice for filling out the rest of your traditions while still expanding aggressively. Unless you really prioritize it in the early game or play tall it helps into the late game.

Consuming organic food is strictly worse to consuming energy. Unless I'm missing something Paradise Gardens/Domes only provide 4 food which is definitely not enough to feed an entire planet, let alone an empire. So organic empires still have to waste tiles on inefficient farms to feed their pops. Food accelerating growth is also far less powerful than you think it is. Synths have fixed build times (reduced by roughly a quarter thanks to Synthetic Evolution). Organic pops have growth times that scale exponentially with the number of pops on a planet. Under optimal circumstances organic pops can grow faster than synthetic ones but optimal circumstances are definitely not realistic in a game. Besides having 100% habitability on all planets with growing pops, you need to maintain a food surplus of 20+ per growing pop. That's a massive waste of resources for such a minor bonus. Realistically a synth pop is going to grow faster than an organic one unless there's less than 5 pops on the planet already. The faster breeder trait does exist but the synths get a slightly better one so it's a bit of a wash there. Organic pops do get +45% from Harmony and the Cyto-Revitalization Center but that's not enough on their own. Assuming no food surplus and 100% habitability, the two of them combined are enough to beat synthetic growth times up until you have 3 pops on a planet. Of course they also boost the bonus from the food surplus but I've already included those in my calculations.

The most major flaw is that the evolutionary and psionic ascension paths can exploit all of the strengths of synthetics with none of the weaknesses whilst retaining the strengths of organics AND gaining exclusive advantages from their ascension paths.

To be fair, I'm talking strictly about how going full synthetic is better than staying as cyborgs. You can't take the evolutionary or psionic paths if you've already taken 'The Flesh is Weak' so I haven't been counting the bonuses they provide. Going psionic and building synths is probably the best ascension path now that spiritualistic pops are slightly less pissy about robots. Evolutionary ascension is still 'Do you want to do a ton of micromanagement for your bonuses? No? Fuck you' however, which is why I never pick it unless I have to.

Imo all traits, organic and inorganic need great exaggerations to give them all greater feels in mechanical playstyles.

I fully agree with you on this point. Some of the stuff teased by the Devs definitely goes in the right direction for the next patch but I'm still not 100% certain it's enough. I've tried modding in my own traits/civics/whatever before but gave up in frustration. It's not super difficult, but documentation is sparse and I had troubles getting everything to work properly.

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: January 19, 2018, 02:38:31 pm »

IIRC that advantage of synths is that they're better than organic pops in near every way and your leaders are basically immortal.  Psionics gives great leaders (...eventually), genetic ascension gives great pops (if you micromanage).  The thing about synth ascension is that your leaders end up great anyway because they live forever.  Theoretically psi leaders are amazing because they come with built in bonuses.  So like a level 5 psionic brilliant researcher is going to supercharge any research category.  But between leader luck, training problems, and deaths, how long is it going to take you to get that up?  Synths have a very simple path, stick leader in slot, get superleader without much trouble.  Will your leader eventually be worse than the psi leader?  Yeah, but that's the main thing psi does.

Meanwhile, compared to genetic ascension, synths are just really good and really painless.  On paper you could arrange your pops to be competitive with synths.  Give them a bunch of amazing traits, IIRC they'll end up better in research in one category worse in the other two.  You could also eventually modify your pops to be able to be fully productive on all worlds, or modify your worlds to all be Gaia or all be the same.  Synth is just quicker and more effortless however.

So its an easy argument that synths are worse leaders than psi, and a harder but doable argument that they're worse pops than genetic.  But you get this big spike when all your pops turn synth, you get better leaders AND pops, and on top of that your midway ascension perk gives very good benefits (in comparison to say the first psi perk which is mediocre and takes a long time to pay off).

What I would say about the synth path isn't that its underpowered, its that its kind of... lame.  For reference:
1.  Synth pops lack all character whatsoever.  Ordinary robots can at least be customized within small variations.  My ascension synths are EXACTLY THE SAME as your ascension synths.  So ascending replaces your custom race with something that has less personality.
2.  The cybernetic path has a weirdly high number of advantages versus synth perks.  In particular, unless they fixed this, cyborg admirals get an amazing fleet leader trait comparable to the psi one.  When you go synth, that trait gets replaced by a worse version that's clearly inferior to the psi path trait.  It doesn't kill game balance, its just like... why?  If you're playing normally you can't finish an ascension path until the game is halfway to being decided anyway.  So... why nerf anything about synths compared to cyborgs?  Also, cyborgs seem too effective compared to other 1st level ascension perks; the first level psi perk barely does anything and the first level gene perk does little you couldn't do with normal tech and patience.
3.  I'm just not feeling the flavor to be honest?  I know there's a sort of new tech crowd that views the singularity as almost a religion, but to me, uploading my body into a robot is just kind of... pedestrian.  Like cool I'm in a robot now, um, why did I do this again?  Whereas gene modding and psychic powers to me feel like more fleshed out sci-fi ideas.  I guess the best way I could put it is, what's interesting about synth ascension that I couldn't get by starting with a robot civilization?  Nothing.  At least psionics and genemodding leave evidence of your races' past history.  Synth might as well have started out as robots.  I will admit that its a cool moment when an AI civ goes robot, but it doesn't feel like a cool moment when I do it.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: January 19, 2018, 02:42:29 pm »

In particular, unless they fixed this, cyborg admirals get an amazing fleet leader trait comparable to the psi one.  When you go synth, that trait gets replaced by a worse version that's clearly inferior to the psi path trait.

They fixed that several patches ago. Basically they got the effects swapped around, so the synths have the amazing trait (though not as good as psionic) and cyborgs the lesser version of it.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: January 19, 2018, 03:31:47 pm »

I'm not sure about these statements power of Synth vs other paths. I might be missing something here, but from what I can see:

Synths effectively get, compared to nothing, +40%, for their pops. +20% from Synths, +10% from the robotrait, +5% from synth ruler bonus and +5% from artificial thought patterns.

Psi get, in research, +10% from intelligent, +10% from Psi, and +15% in one category (per world presumably) for Natural X. Psi also get +10% research speed vs Synths +5% speed. Unless you're in a situation where the research speed bonus is worth double it's equivalent in raw research (and I'm way too out of practice with math to try to figure out when that is, so someone else is going to have to find that break point :P. However I think in general it'd be quite hard to reach that point.) Don't Synths have better research?

Genetic ascension (Erudite+Natural X) and Cybernetic (Intelligent+Ruler Bonus and ATP+Natural X) are both the same as Psi, except without the scientist bonus that can hope to make up the difference.

In minerals Synths also get +40%. Genetic seem to have it the best off other then that, with Industrious(15)+VeryStrong(10)+Nervestapled(10) for a total of +35% AND if you take Syncretic Species or find and uplift a Proles species you'll have a total of +45%, so you're actually slightly beating out Synths at that point. You'll have 5% more minerals, but a lot less research.

So, am I missing something? Because outside of proles or taking syncretic, synth pops seem better in every way unless you either mix the paths (which seems hard to do quickly and efficiently) or, as people have suggested, the Psi ascension path and just building synths, but if synth pops are better in every way, this is only ideal if you find a way to turn your whole empire into synths with psionic researcher leaders. Which also seems hard to do quickly and efficiently. In fact, it seems easier to go the other way around, to go synth ascension and then take over or let migrate into your lands Psi species to try to get researchers (and shroud tech) out of!

And that really seems to be the actual power of the synth ascension path. Synth pops are great! But Organic pops grow a lot faster. And the path lets you turn your organic pops into superior synth pops. It doesn't even disable the ability to use organic growth speed into synth populations once you get it, since with migration treaties you can restock your empire with organics, spread them around, and then assimilate them.

Then again, for all I know, I could be missing a lot of bonuses, looking though this all this I found there's a lot of little bonuses that are hard to keep track of (Cyborgs get robot bonuses? Okay game. Also I wasn't able to test for myself if Synths get slave bonuses when enslaved, searching online made it seem like the answer was "yes" but I have no idea if that's accurate or up to date.) so I made this post with some level of trepidation that there's some +10% "non robot" bonus that's slipped my mind and totally rejiggers all the numbers.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 03:50:31 pm by Criptfeind »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5744 on: January 19, 2018, 05:07:23 pm »

Energy is definitely not meaningless. Late-game fleets take up a ton of energy maintenance and I've felt the crunch plenty of times before. At the very least, more energy production means less tiles spent producing energy and more on stuff you really want.
Meaningless in the sense that it's very hard to not have a complete and total glut of energy surplus, even without a dyson sphere. Late-game you've got even less energy concerns, from repeatable tech & federation fleets having no maintenance

As a organic empire I've never really experienced the 'leaders never die' thing but you're probably right on that point. I see your point on habitability too. While unity is impossible not to accumulate, having the bonus is nice for filling out the rest of your traditions while still expanding aggressively. Unless you really prioritize it in the early game or play tall it helps into the late game.
I think most states are fine unity-wise, with late-game unity being a major problem in its uselessness. You can't mix or reset ascension perks, or spend your unity in any other meaningful way. Even aggressive expanders can greatly increase their unity with domination and expansion traditions, it's pretty hard not to snowball unity unless you are RPing a super-slaver Empire. Also yeah, leaders die every century or so, so much so that it's pretty hard to notice their loss - especially when the life extension tech comes into being. As there's not much else to spend society research points late game, they become practically immortal

Consuming organic food is strictly worse to consuming energy. Unless I'm missing something Paradise Gardens/Domes only provide 4 food which is definitely not enough to feed an entire planet, let alone an empire. So organic empires still have to waste tiles on inefficient farms to feed their pops.
Hydroponics lvl IV feed 1 organic pop for 0.5 energy, Power plant lvl IV feed 1 synthetic pop for 1 energy. Paradise domes are incomparably good, because at base they feed 1 organic pop for 0.5 energy, but the additional 2 unity and the +5% happiness makes it so that they increase the productivity of the entire planet and more than pay themselves off!

That's also not if you factor in technology & the tiles themselves - not all tiles are equal. Barring the odd planet of +3 food on a tile or other modifications, most will have at least 1 tile with 2 food. Paradise dome will then give 6 food, 2 unity and +5% happiness. The happiness will increase the productivity of the entire planet, paying itself well off and beyond its 2 energy cost (moving you towards the holy grail of +20% productivity in everything from happiness). Then you've got to factor in nutrient replication giving +15% food as a T3 tech, of which there is no energy equivalent, or of the nutrient replication tech using cheap soc points in the late game, you start off with hydroponics and paradise domes being more efficient at supplying organics than power plants synthetics and end up with even better efficiency - without factoring in slaves, agrarian pops or the like.

Food accelerating growth is also far less powerful than you think it is. Synths have fixed build times (reduced by roughly a quarter thanks to Synthetic Evolution). Organic pops have growth times that scale exponentially with the number of pops on a planet. Under optimal circumstances organic pops can grow faster than synthetic ones but optimal circumstances are definitely not realistic in a game. Besides having 100% habitability on all planets with growing pops, you need to maintain a food surplus of 20+ per growing pop. That's a massive waste of resources for such a minor bonus. Realistically a synth pop is going to grow faster than an organic one unless there's less than 5 pops on the planet already.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Optimal circumstances are incredibly easy to surpass or abuse in game, as you can easily populate your planets early game, mid game & late game all limits get thrown out the window as you can convert cheap society points into food & so, into population growth. With adaptive engineering, genetic engineering, genetic diversity and the habitability techs, habitability is a non-issue especially with the nerf to habitability. To make matters even more lop-sided, organics can grow multiple pops per species per planet, with migration allowing them to efficiently redistribute their pops in accordance with the most efficient planetary growth automatically. Smaller planets produce organic pops quickly, sending their pops off to larger planets - giving larger planets the population growth from the smaller planets. This is made even better when you consider that the formula was changed to make the food growth bonus even more powerful, so that it doesn't matter how many planets or pops you have, so much as how many planets are growing pops. With absolutely minimal oversight and no rapid-breeding traits, technology or ascension perks, even a fanatic xenophobe Empire could outgrow a synthetic Empire with internal migration & food surplus alone.

Couple that with DLC and habitats? Sheeeit, 100% base habitability size 12, spam them on every orbital facility? You populate a whole ringworld in the time it takes to migrate the first generation

To be fair, I'm talking strictly about how going full synthetic is better than staying as cyborgs. You can't take the evolutionary or psionic paths if you've already taken 'The Flesh is Weak' so I haven't been counting the bonuses they provide. Going psionic and building synths is probably the best ascension path now that spiritualistic pops are slightly less pissy about robots. Evolutionary ascension is still 'Do you want to do a ton of micromanagement for your bonuses? No? Fuck you' however, which is why I never pick it unless I have to.
Evolutionary imo is one of the most powerful still (and not just because it's one of only three, it is standalone, very powerful), and its micromanaging is a lot easier if you create specialized planets & have an authoritarian ethos. Basically gives you as the player maximum control over every pop and maximum optimization over everything, even better if you emigrate some of your pops to psionics and get psionic pops that way through the shroud event. Also you can nerve staple all your foes lmao

I fully agree with you on this point. Some of the stuff teased by the Devs definitely goes in the right direction for the next patch but I'm still not 100% certain it's enough. I've tried modding in my own traits/civics/whatever before but gave up in frustration. It's not super difficult, but documentation is sparse and I had troubles getting everything to work properly.
There are some good mods on steam that do this stuff as well, though I don't use them so I can't be more helpful :[
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 632