Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1671503 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #6015 on: March 03, 2018, 08:36:32 pm »

exactly
Isn't that just the pacifist faction? If you stay at peace long enough the pacifist faction will always become the most powerful faction

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: March 03, 2018, 08:43:56 pm »

Speaking of Fanatical Purifiers, I was thinking about what a Crisis-dominated galaxy would look like (all crisis factions at once mostly fighting each other while normal civs flounder on the sidelines, grimdark future only war), and there should totally be an alternate personalty for the purifiers ala Ancient Guardians for when everything is totally fucked: Demoralized Purifiers.

That feel when you literally have to choose between killing your entire species or working with alien animals at a .5 lightyear distance with no direct communications to retake the galaxy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6017 on: March 03, 2018, 08:54:20 pm »

Speaking of Fanatical Purifiers, I was thinking about what a Crisis-dominated galaxy would look like (all crisis factions at once mostly fighting each other while normal civs flounder on the sidelines, grimdark future only war), and there should totally be an alternate personalty for the purifiers ala Ancient Guardians for when everything is totally fucked: Demoralized Purifiers.
That feel when you literally have to choose between killing your entire species or working with alien animals at a .5 lightyear distance with no direct communications to retake the galaxy.
I rather enjoy doing fanatical purifier/isolationist runs with all 3 crises on. You just wait in your little corner of the universe building more and more ring worlds while the outside galaxy explodes or tries to break down your door. If you reach the point of critical ringworld mass it can be pretty relaxing. I also wonder if they fixed the bug where fanatical purifiers can join the war in heaven factions. I remember in 1.6 the war in heaven allowed me to join and then become leader of the non aligned faction, whilst remaining a fanatical purifier. I spent the entirety of the fleet budget on battleships with no ftl or weapons, a diplomatic armada which couldn't be used for anything nor did the AI have the sense to disband it nor ability to upgrade it. Upon destroying the FEs I left the nonaligned powers with their diplomatic gift, before returning to my ringworlds, content that their faction could not be a threat.

JimboM12

• Bay Watcher
  • Dank.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: March 03, 2018, 09:12:06 pm »

I left the nonaligned powers with their diplomatic gift, before returning to my ringworlds, content that their faction could not be a threat.

that's an astounding bit of political weaponization, my hat is off to you
Pemmican is pretty incredibly durable. Corn and rice also lust forever without refrigeration.
Ah yes, the insatiable lust of corn and rice, clearly two of the most erotic foods.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: March 03, 2018, 11:18:37 pm »

That makes more sense for war weariness than warscore though.
Warscore isn't a thing in the current patch. The percentage ticker is war exhaustion. You're trying to get your opponent to 100%.

And, if it is bugged, it doesn't seem to be totally arbitrary. I just ran a fast test game with invincible ships on and fleet battles counted as victories with little/no war exhaustion gain for the empire I controlled. It looks like there's just some wonkiness in how your casualties are weighted as far as determining WE gain and win/loss status.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6020 on: March 04, 2018, 06:23:05 am »

I am very much offended by the removal of wormhole FTL.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6021 on: March 04, 2018, 08:52:20 am »

You can always go back and play an old version?

Radsoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: March 04, 2018, 11:05:22 am »

So I launched the game with 2.0.2b. Immediately started with -200 energy :P But I think that's good. I also noticed that adopting a tradition tree counts as a unity spent (don't remember if it was like that before).

I also ran the 2.0.2b with the enigmatic fortress fix mod, which solved all problems, but didn't seem to get the achievement.

If it disabled achievements, will achievements be reenabled once I disable it, or are they wrecked for the rest of the game?
"The hand-mill gives you society with the feudal lord; the steam-mill society with the industrial capitalist."

"To punish the oppressors of humanity is clemency; to forgive them is cruelty. The severity of tyrants has barbarity for its principle; that of a republican government is founded on beneficence."

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: March 04, 2018, 11:43:36 am »

So I launched the game with 2.0.2b. Immediately started with -200 energy :P But I think that's good. I also noticed that adopting a tradition tree counts as a unity spent (don't remember if it was like that before).
Yep, it was.

If it disabled achievements, will achievements be reenabled once I disable it, or are they wrecked for the rest of the game?
I haven't tested it for Stellaris but I'm pretty certain that achievements are now turned off for good, since that's how it is in other Paradox games. If you earn an achievement fair and square, you'll have to give it to yourself using a utility program.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6024 on: March 04, 2018, 12:58:26 pm »

I have earned a few in my recent ironman playthrough. You only earn achievements if your game is in ironman and you have no mods that modify the game files.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: March 04, 2018, 02:38:07 pm »

Yeah.  Though technically UI mods may be okay, like in CK2.  Someone put together of ironman-compatible UI mods here, no idea if they work with the current version though: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=844250097
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: March 04, 2018, 02:56:34 pm »

Wormhole FTL was great, I agree. In fact, I would argue it was too great. Wormhole was only mildly more complicated than other forms of FTL (i.e. probably not good for a first game but fine for your second) but better by a wide margin. Your beginning choice was barely a choice at all: wormholes were simply better than warp or hyperlanes.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: March 04, 2018, 04:10:05 pm »

Wormhole FTL was great, I agree. In fact, I would argue it was too great. Wormhole was only mildly more complicated than other forms of FTL (i.e. probably not good for a first game but fine for your second) but better by a wide margin. Your beginning choice was barely a choice at all: wormholes were simply better than warp or hyperlanes.
In a small game, maybe. In a bigger game your doomstack will get super slow.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: March 04, 2018, 05:09:21 pm »

Wormhole ships were objectively better than non-wormhole ships in combat though, since the wormhole modulator never scaled up in energy costs you could maintain modern FTL systems in your ships for less power. They're still better, in fact, although it's harder to take advantage of that superiority. Power is less of a limiting factor in the current version but ships can go through a wormhole without any kind of FTL drive at all, meaning you can put that energy into better guns, shields, aux slots, whatever; or just downgrade the reactor to save more minerals, or enjoy the slight bonus to certain stats that having extra power on a ship gets you.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 05:10:59 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: March 04, 2018, 06:30:41 pm »

That makes more sense for war weariness than warscore though.
Weariness and exhaustion are synonymous. Warscore doesn't exist any more.

Agh, sorry, my mistake. I can't believe I didn't notice. I thought they had added war exhaustion on top of warscore.
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 632