Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1671657 times)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #6030 on: March 05, 2018, 04:13:53 pm »

I just tried this wonderful thing called war for the first time(Declared Rival first, despite them having done so since shortly after first contact). Attacked an enemy starbase, managed to give a nice beating before the enemy fleet arrived. Fought off the fleet, my fleet at about half its strength left, and the war exhaustion was at 4%/24%. My fleet moves to finish off the starbase. Due to the enemy relief fleet, it was a pretty even battle at that point. The base surrendered after my fleet was down to around 1/6th of its strength left... and war exhaustion was at 54%/24%.

That totally killed my desire to play. Hell, it's not like the battle losses are particularly hard to replace, most of it was ship damage and not ships destroyed. And I had at least twice their territory and plenty of high mineral-income mining outposts.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #6031 on: March 05, 2018, 04:18:25 pm »

They're still tweaking the war weariness numbers. It's one of the things being changed next version. As with most paradox games you need to give them a month to work out the stuff that seems obvious to us but they didn't think to check.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6032 on: March 06, 2018, 10:10:47 am »

I'm looking forward to them fixing the War Weariness. I ended up joining a war after an ally was declared on. Spent most of the war bombing a major colony and kicking the stuffing out of the enemy fleet, ended up taking massive war weariness penalities despite coming out on top of every fight.

It does say that, like the previous versions, the only wars you want to get into are ones you start yourself after your fleet and troop transports are already on the border, instead of having to spend months jumping in from the heartland.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6033 on: March 06, 2018, 10:33:04 am »

Started my first Hive Mind game and I’m having a lot of fun. I’ve been everybody’s friend and so peaceful and benevolent... until I finished integrating a loyal vassal race and promptly mulched each and every one of them into delicious biomatter. Mmm! I like to imagine the populace got shown a very cheery informational presentation of it all on the day of the takeover - a step-by-step, very detailed presentation of the process. We do not understand why these lovely if strange drones are not overjoyed to contribute to the wellbeing of the Human Singularity.

The galaxy now hates me, but worth it. I can imagine my xenophile neighbors going ’wait, they did WHAT?’ upon hearing the news. I’m probably being used as an example of why you can’t trust the alien by xenophobes everywhere. The pops didn’t even try to rebel, which has to be a bug.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #6034 on: March 06, 2018, 04:53:29 pm »

If you don't want to munch on non-hive people, you can integrate them through genetic manipulation once you research the appropriate technologies. I think it requires ascension perks in the fleshy path as well, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

I kind of think that playing a hive with a swarm of vassals is kind of fun though. Especially if they are people you've enlightened, so it is kind of a really big guy with several pets.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #6035 on: March 07, 2018, 03:21:39 am »

I installed a mod that ups the maximum number of starting civs. A tiny galaxy with 30+ civilizations is actually quite entertaining.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6036 on: March 07, 2018, 08:45:45 am »

I installed a mod that ups the maximum number of starting civs. A tiny galaxy with 30+ civilizations is actually quite entertaining.

i wonder how many nearly-identical ones there are, though. more than a dozen has never seemed interesting to me because there are relatively few possibilities.

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers
« Reply #6037 on: March 07, 2018, 08:53:21 am »

I am very much offended by the removal of wormhole FTL.
You can always go back and play an old version?
I've heard that before and it's literally the shittiest thing you could come up with. Go back to play without the much needed improvements in other departments. I wouldn't even complain if they left it as optional, while hyperlanes being the default required for Ironman, or I dunno, let it be easily restorable with mods, which it isin't.
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6038 on: March 07, 2018, 10:37:42 am »

I'm not sure what you want. They literally took the other mods of travel out of the game to focus on hyperlanes. You don't get to pick and choose these things. You want the other improvements? Live with the hyperlanes. You want to play with wormholes? You can play the last version where they're available.

I don't know, you can bitch all you want about it, but Paradox had their reasons for making these changes, and it's not a simple on/off toggle.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6039 on: March 07, 2018, 01:03:37 pm »

It would have been more effort to leave the other travel types in as an option.  In particular they'd have to leave in certain otherwise-obsolete parts of the AI, which could get tricky.

It's still disappointing that they didn't.  The game was largely sold on the travel types making races play differently.  It's like if Starcraft got an update where all buildings are constructed terran-style...  And also a lot of vital UI and AI issues were patched.  Going back to the broken version is a shitty option.

My friends and I do prefer most of the changes in this version, but it's fundamentally different in a lot of ways.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #6040 on: March 07, 2018, 01:11:08 pm »

yeah wothout travel types there's little making races feel different, sure they all have different bonuses etc but each will be the same opponent to conquer, just with different dialogue lines

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6041 on: March 07, 2018, 01:53:02 pm »

I haven;t had much time to play into late game, can't you build stargates later?
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6042 on: March 07, 2018, 02:03:10 pm »

I haven;t had much time to play into late game, can't you build stargates later?
Only in designated locations.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6043 on: March 07, 2018, 02:29:36 pm »

Unless something has changed since the release of 2.0 you can build your own gateways as well as rebuilding the ones you find. I didn't run into any limitations to where I could build them in my own space. (you do need the appropriate mega structure techs and ascension perk though)
« Last Edit: March 07, 2018, 02:32:27 pm by Wiles »

ventuswings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6044 on: March 07, 2018, 03:06:25 pm »

Unless something has changed since the release of 2.0 you can build your own gateways as well as rebuilding the ones you find. I didn't run into any limitations to where I could build them in my own space. (you do need the appropriate mega structure techs and ascension perk though)

Don't you get jump drives anyway by that point? I haven't gone into 2.0 late-game yet.
Pages: 1 ... 401 402 [403] 404 405 ... 632