Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1659000 times)

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #7275 on: November 09, 2018, 01:55:06 am »

edit: I get the joke, that kind of thing is funny exactly once and then just in the way.

Agreed. Should have been written as like an anomaly or something.
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7276 on: November 09, 2018, 02:19:54 pm »

edit: I get the joke, that kind of thing is funny exactly once and then just in the way.

Agreed. Should have been written as like an anomaly or something.

It would have made a hilarious anomaly if written along the lines of the one about how Earth looks like it died of pollution, but that's obviously ridiculous since who would be that myopic? Maybe let us find the last lootbox as a special project or something.

Heck, I'd even think it was funny as the reason one of the precursor civilizations died: an apocalyptic war over lootboxes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7277 on: November 09, 2018, 05:26:51 pm »

Breaks the verisimilitude of being the policy dictator of a star empire tbh

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7278 on: November 15, 2018, 10:07:58 am »

New dev Diary, containing the slave market and a note that unity ambitions are becoming free content instead of paid content... Rip apocalypse I guess.

Slave market seems very simple. You put slaves up for a fixed price based on traits. People can buy them for a fixed price based on traits. Not much else to the diary. Since I guess they need three things per diary minimum, Mandates are going to be one of the things that are changing in this update, along with everything else.

Not sure if how a fixed price is going to properly represent the value of the slave. Seems like it'll probably be too cheap or too expensive to bother with, but we'll see.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7279 on: November 15, 2018, 10:13:37 am »

It will probably make them very situational early game, but then again by the time the galactic market is founded most empires might have enough energy income to afford slaves if they want them.  It looks vaguely like energy income will be higher in general in 2.2, especially with trade value, but who knows how that will get balanced in the end.

I can't see myself ever using the slave market, unless they do decide to allow robotic (non synthetic) pops to be sold there.  It would give roboticists something to do if your current population is maxed out or you otherwise don't need the robots, and could help expand if you're short on pops during an expansionary phase.

Then again, I might finally be tempted to play a real good-goody federation builder empire that also buys slaves to free them.  I've never played an evil empire or even one that was hostile, but I've always played as very xenophobic in Stellaris for some reason.

Otherwise, it's cool that driven assimilators can buy slaves to assimilate, and I hope they do change marauders so that they put your abducted pops up for sale on the market.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7280 on: November 15, 2018, 10:18:40 am »

There was some mention of refugees potentially ending up on the market, but I'm not sure why marauders would automatically send slaves to market. Somebody needs to work those ice mines!

The galactic slave market seems bigger to me in terms of fleshing out the world and providing expansion options outside of conquest, including the changes to migration treaties. Gives you a way to colonize different worlds earlier through buying appropriate pops for the climate you want to colonize.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7281 on: November 15, 2018, 10:39:09 am »

Slave market seems handy. Looks like a simple way to recoup some war expenses, and if you're like me playing mad scientist with your slaves pops you sometimes need to clear them out to make room for more and different kinds.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #7282 on: November 15, 2018, 11:04:02 am »

Will at the very least let you do stupid shit like the achievements for having many different species on a single planet, or having most of your pops be slaves.

If the AI actively buys them, then you could have some serious fun by genemodding a LW-style "locust" pop who is useless but reproduces insanely fast and tanks happiness in planets.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7283 on: November 15, 2018, 11:08:58 am »

As someone who likes to have as many different species in their empire as possible, I love the idea of buying slaves and freeing them.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7284 on: November 15, 2018, 11:16:31 am »

Will at the very least let you do stupid shit like the achievements for having many different species on a single planet, or having most of your pops be slaves.

If the AI actively buys them, then you could have some serious fun by genemodding a LW-style "locust" pop who is useless but reproduces insanely fast and tanks happiness in planets.
You can already do that with refugees, I gene modded the Big Stupid Jellyfish to be unlikable, contrary, and incapable of feeding itself then kicked them all out.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7285 on: November 15, 2018, 11:27:21 am »

Interestingly, they'd be cheaper, so perhaps the AI would be even more likely to buy them!

That said, it'll depend on the specific calculations of jobs/output. Low stratum pops may be valuable just by filling low stratum slots even if they're inefficient at it, since high-stratum pops won't take low-stratum jobs.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #7286 on: November 15, 2018, 11:36:27 am »

That's how you get a roach race running all your fast food joints.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7287 on: November 15, 2018, 11:41:56 am »

You can already do that with refugees, I gene modded the Big Stupid Jellyfish to be unlikable, contrary, and incapable of feeding itself then kicked them all out.
Yeah, but with the market you can finally get them into xenophobic empires that won't take immigrants or refugees!
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Zanzetkuken The Great

• Bay Watcher
  • The Wizard Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #7288 on: November 15, 2018, 02:18:05 pm »

I have to wonder...how good does the full Biological ascension path become when combined with xenos compatibility?  +2 trait picks combined with the ability to eventually breed populations with all the ascendancy traits looks quite strong.
Quote from: Eric Blank
It's Zanzetkuken The Great. He's a goddamn wizard-dragon. He will make it so, and it will forever be.
Quote from: 2016 Election IRC
<DozebomLolumzalis> you filthy god-damn ninja wizard dragon

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7289 on: November 15, 2018, 02:21:37 pm »

I have to wonder...how good does the full Biological ascension path become when combined with xenos compatibility?  +2 trait picks combined with the ability to eventually breed populations with all the ascendancy traits looks quite strong.
It might be what finally puts biological on a similar level with the other two (though psi is probably still the strongest).
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] 487 488 ... 632