Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1658855 times)

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #7530 on: December 11, 2018, 05:12:55 pm »

That would involve swapping out the Fanatic Purifier civic, right?  Presumably you can do that with Determined Exterminator as well?  I kind of wanted to try a Determined Exterminator game where I had a flash of conscience halfway through and swapped out for some other government type, but wasn't sure if it was possible.
You can't actually remove the civic after the start of the game, but if it becomes invalid (via ethic switching) then it stops doing anything. So you could do that (as long as you don't mind being down a civic slot) as fanatic purifiers, but not as devouring swarm or determined exterminators.

And then it flip back on after everybody still hates you for purging.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7531 on: December 11, 2018, 05:20:36 pm »

Are you super sure? Because I'm fairly sure the mechanical robot portraits are just there, you can pick the LOOK for anything....?

I could definitely be crazy but I swear I checked on the new update and I certainly don't have any mods.
I just tested it. If you pick a robot portrait you must take the gestalt robot authority

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7532 on: December 11, 2018, 05:53:55 pm »

You can't actually remove the civic after the start of the game, but if it becomes invalid (via ethic switching) then it stops doing anything. So you could do that (as long as you don't mind being down a civic slot) as fanatic purifiers, but not as devouring swarm or determined exterminators.

And then it flip back on after everybody still hates you for purging.
I remember when my friends were still stellaris newbs. I ethics shifted out to disable fanatical purifier to be able to conduct diplomacy with them, until such time as I felt it was appropriate to reawaken the Pure Dungroller Colony

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7533 on: December 12, 2018, 08:16:40 am »

Sigh, had a good run. Gaia World Fanatic Xenophobe Spiritualist Ork Boyz. Enslaved my neighbours and imported them, figured out how the hell you work the new systems, how Habitats work now, got Psychic Powers, terraformed surrounding planets into Gaia Worlds, got a full Thrall World, Penal Colony and Resort World, even got a Dyson Sphere going and a Matter Decompressor started.

Then the Scourge dropped. On top of my homeworld. And my total fleet power is 100k. And I`m on 1.5x Crisis power.

Fuuuuuu....
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 08:18:46 am by MorleyDev »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7534 on: December 12, 2018, 09:21:55 am »

I'm terrified of what's going to happen when I get to the crisis, since I cranked the crisis difficulty all the way up to 2.5x on my first game in 2.2.  So far my fleet power is like 20K at 2350 and I'm probably going to get stomped.  Kind of hoping for the Prethoryn scourge, since I've never seen it, but at least if it's the Contingency I'll know how to counter it and maximize my fleet's effectiveness.  Only ever seen the Unbidden once, which I did defeat, but I'm less sure about it.

I'm glad the Khan didn't trigger in this game and that nobody opened the L-gate.  A midgame crisis would have steamrolled the galaxy.

Also, I'm not in love with habitats right now.  I can see how they might have niche applications, but I think I may actually skip the Voidborne ascension perk next time for the first time since I got Utopia.  They cost a ton of alloys and don't have a big enough population to really support enough buildings to make it feel worth using them, even with Master Builders.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7535 on: December 12, 2018, 09:46:46 am »

What happens if you terraform a ecumenopolis?
The terraforming machines event triggered on First League homeworld.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #7536 on: December 12, 2018, 10:01:25 am »

The Worm destroys Ecumenopolis, turning it into an ordinary planet, so I assume the terraforming equipment will do the same. Next patch will stop such events triggering on special planets.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7537 on: December 12, 2018, 01:38:37 pm »

I am extremely excited for Ecumenopolisis. Ecumenopoli. Ecumenapottamus.

City planets.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7538 on: December 12, 2018, 02:09:49 pm »

Ecumenopoli, I think. Though that's more a Latin form of conjugation and polis is a Greek word....ah well whatever.

Alternatively, we can mix universes and call them Hobbitses Ecumenopolises.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7539 on: December 12, 2018, 02:11:52 pm »

Ecumenopoli, I think. Though that's more a Latin form of conjugation and polis is a Greek word....ah well whatever.

Alternatively, we can mix universes and call them Hobbitses Ecumenopolises.

Merriam-Webster agrees with the latter, actually, or rarely ecumenopoleis.

Madman198237

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7540 on: December 12, 2018, 02:15:58 pm »

That was the proper Greek plural! Couldn't recall it when I typed up the post. Poleis.
We shall make the highest quality of quality quantities of soldiers with quantities of quality.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7541 on: December 12, 2018, 04:03:01 pm »

Is it me or are Mineral-rich planets really rare? I find plenty of Energy-rich and Food-rich worlds, but not Mineral-rich ones. Usually even ones that have a good 3 rows of Minerals have a good 3-and-a-bit of another one.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7542 on: December 12, 2018, 04:14:44 pm »

That's been my experience too, and I've been feeling a mineral squeeze midgame.  I think it's roughly based on planet type, with arid worlds having the most energy and wet worlds having the most food.  I'm actually not sure if any planet type gets a bonus to mineral districts.

That's kind of exacerbated by the fact that you can put down hydroponic farms if necessary for food, or trade complexes for energy, but there's no equivalent for minerals.  Which does make sense, although having some equivalent of the old matter replicator would be nice.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7543 on: December 12, 2018, 04:25:59 pm »

So I just found a 9 mining district Tomb World with barely anything else not longer after posting. So I know it is possible to find highish mineral worlds.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2018, 04:28:12 pm by MorleyDev »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7544 on: December 12, 2018, 04:37:04 pm »

I've definitely found mineral-rich worlds before as well.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 ... 501 502 [503] 504 505 ... 632