Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1658851 times)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #7545 on: December 12, 2018, 05:52:33 pm »

Has anyone done extensive terraforming? I'm turning my inhabited planets into Gaias, and it looks like they're losing resource districts in the process (i.e. relevant planetary features are disappearing). I'm sure I've lost a lot of mining districts (like, from 8 to 0 in one case), and at least some generators. I'm pretty certain I haven't seen any new features appear in place of the lost ones, so it's not a feature re-roll.

Is this a feature, or a bug? And does it happen with terraforming to other types?

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7546 on: December 12, 2018, 06:16:47 pm »

Interesting, I haven't tried terraforming yet. I guess it just re-rolls the plant entirely? Probably best to do to planets that you cant settle, like for life-seeded races or changing a desert into your arctic preference, etc.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7547 on: December 12, 2018, 06:26:49 pm »

I've gaia-formed 5 planets so far, and not once did I gain any districts. So it doesn't look like a re-roll, but more like some features (incompatible with planet type?) are simply deleted.

Seriously, if it's a feature, then it's a major bummer. A very expensive 'lose half yer minerals income' button, if one intended to improve their already-colonised planets.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7548 on: December 12, 2018, 06:44:01 pm »

Has anyone done extensive terraforming? I'm turning my inhabited planets into Gaias, and it looks like they're losing resource districts in the process (i.e. relevant planetary features are disappearing). I'm sure I've lost a lot of mining districts (like, from 8 to 0 in one case), and at least some generators. I'm pretty certain I haven't seen any new features appear in place of the lost ones, so it's not a feature re-roll.

Is this a feature, or a bug? And does it happen with terraforming to other types?

Others have reported it as a bug, and I think they're right.  I've done the same and seen the same problem.

Supposedly, what's happening is that gaia worlds don't have any 1 district sized features, so when you terraform a planet, the features that are 1 district size just vanish instead of getting converted into a new district like they should be.

I haven't found any gaia worlds in the wild yet, but playing life-seeded implies that this might be right, since my starting world in that case has lots of features like you'd expect.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7549 on: December 12, 2018, 07:14:22 pm »

Alright then, I'mma give Stellaris a pass for a while, until it gets a bit patched. The amount of bugs so far kills the fun.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7550 on: December 12, 2018, 10:42:40 pm »

Alright then, I'mma give Stellaris a pass for a while, until it gets a bit patched. The amount of bugs so far kills the fun.
Don't worry, even if they patch the bugs, Wiz and co. are hard at work finding lot of other ways to kill the fun :)

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7551 on: December 13, 2018, 02:44:23 am »

I give you, the United Robot Hegemony.

All pops on their planet are enslaved by the way. Mostly organic with six or so dumb robot pops.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7552 on: December 13, 2018, 08:49:19 am »

Don't worry, even if they patch the bugs, Wiz and co. are hard at work finding lot of other ways to kill the fun :)
I get it you and others have some kind of beef with the devs, but other than the bugs I'm very happy with the game.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7553 on: December 13, 2018, 09:22:41 am »

[image removed]

All pops on their planet are enslaved by the way. Mostly organic with six or so dumb robot pops.

Is this modded?  Or how did the game end up generating a robot empire that's not gestalt?  You say that the empire is mostly organic, but the game seems to think that the main species is the robots.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7554 on: December 13, 2018, 11:10:57 am »

Playing my first criminal syndicate and wow, these guys can be brutal. I opened a branch office on the homeworld of the first race I met and dropped down an illicit research lab, this increased crime on their planet to epic proportions. Crime is now 100% as they have a corrupt governor and 'mob rule' from events. They can barely eek out a living and have had to dismiss most of their ships just to keep their economy afloat. With that one building I rendered them completely nonthreatening, they can barely afford anything.

The second empire I found I dropped down a smuggler's port. I'm now getting around 25 energy in trade value from them and their crime is steadily rising out of their control. Both of them went from superior to me to inferior in the span of a decade. Part of that is that the AI seems to not know how to manage crime, a player would have scrapped some buildings and build more enforcers to reduce crime and kick out the criminal syndicate eventually.

Whivy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7555 on: December 13, 2018, 11:34:44 am »

Playing my first criminal syndicate and wow, these guys can be brutal. I opened a branch office on the homeworld of the first race I met and dropped down an illicit research lab, this increased crime on their planet to epic proportions. Crime is now 100% as they have a corrupt governor and 'mob rule' from events. They can barely eek out a living and have had to dismiss most of their ships just to keep their economy afloat. With that one building I rendered them completely nonthreatening, they can barely afford anything.

The second empire I found I dropped down a smuggler's port. I'm now getting around 25 energy in trade value from them and their crime is steadily rising out of their control. Both of them went from superior to me to inferior in the span of a decade. Part of that is that the AI seems to not know how to manage crime, a player would have scrapped some buildings and build more enforcers to reduce crime and kick out the criminal syndicate eventually.

You're pretty lucky then, people, myself included, report the opposite, AI building tons of enforcer, with no reason. I tried once to open a branch office. Boom, three enforcer buildings.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7556 on: December 13, 2018, 01:51:23 pm »

[image removed]

Is this modded?  Or how did the game end up generating a robot empire that's not gestalt?  You say that the empire is mostly organic, but the game seems to think that the main species is the robots.

Only mods I have are AI mods. I've noticed rebellions in general are weird. A small colony with two of my own pops (plus one pop of another mammalian species.) broke away from the same empire, and they somehow have an Avian leader whose species is considered the main one.

They rebelled from a Fungoid empire by the way. Who, as far as I know, have no avian pops. Who knows. My galaxy is so cosmopolitan and primitive heavy.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2018, 01:57:09 pm by Vgray »

ventuswings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7557 on: December 13, 2018, 02:25:03 pm »

Do you know how effective AI mods are? I've been looking at Glavius AI mod popular at Steam workshop, but I am not sure if it's worth sacrificing achievements over.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7558 on: December 13, 2018, 02:35:25 pm »

I consistently hear good things about it, but have never tried it myself.  I don't even really care about the achievements, and yet I stopped using my own portrait mods over it for some reason...

Anyway, in other news, Wiz announced that he's stepping down as director of Stellaris to work on a new, secret project at Paradox.  Theories abound on what it is, or what the future of Stellaris will be.  Another director was named already, and Stellaris is Paradox's best seller right now so it's not going away, but who knows what it might mean about the direction of the game.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7559 on: December 13, 2018, 02:43:56 pm »

I have no achievements in most of my favorite games because if I really like it then I explore mods for it.
Pages: 1 ... 502 503 [504] 505 506 ... 632