Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1667365 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #7605 on: December 15, 2018, 12:54:49 pm »

The Xeno must be pacified or exterminated. There can be no negotiation, no peace, unless all Xeno are but servants to the will of the <EMPIRE NAME HERE>. Even complete mastery of the Xeno, body and mind, may not be enough to guarantee our safety.

Or, for my current run: Da Ork Boyz is the best fightaz in da galaxy. Da Xeno is weak, Da Xeno is small, so Da Xeno do da work for us big boyz.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Are you a duelist?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7606 on: December 15, 2018, 12:58:30 pm »

But they're, like, gross. Why would you want to bring the things into our systems just so that we have to waste time managing them?

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7607 on: December 15, 2018, 01:28:50 pm »

Personally I'm probably going Tau (and tall) for my slavery run.  Authoritarian++ Xenophilia ho!  I'll get to be on the other end of that migration treaty, receiving apparently willing slaves wishing to join the Greater Good.  Bonus, my own race will also be enslaved heavily stratified.

Orkz, I'd be sorta tempted to take syncretic evolution?  Except all orkz are strong, and grotz are really the same species.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7608 on: December 15, 2018, 01:55:34 pm »

Orkz, I'd be sorta tempted to take syncretic evolution?  Except all orkz are strong, and grotz are really the same species.

It's hard to fit Orks into Stellaris since they're not a single civilization as much as a randomly changing welter of armies, but I could see any given WAAAGH! as Fanatic Militarist Xenophobe Barbaric Despoilers with Warrior Culture.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #7609 on: December 15, 2018, 02:30:58 pm »

...Why is it the xenophobes who like enslaving aliens again? Still makes more sense the other way round.
Depends on the type of Xenophobia. Aliens being treated as workhorses with no rights because of their inferiority sounds pretty accurate to Earth politics right now.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7610 on: December 15, 2018, 03:21:20 pm »

Checking the wiki, Barbaric Despoilers specifically can be neutral on the xenophobia scale, so long as they are authoritarian, they just can't be xenophilic. Personally I think it's reasonable to imagine a race that loves to capture slaves because it sees value in them, as the Romans did with the Greeks, but I can at least see the "if you love them, treat them nicely" argument. It's harder to see if why an actively xenophobic nation would import xenos, except out of economic necessity (which doesn't fit with them uniquely having a civic to do it on a large scale) though. You can still become a slaving xenophile with the nihilistic acquisition perk though, if I'm not mistaken, which is probably worth it since it can be in one of those early ascension slots before you've really unlocked any of the best perks.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7611 on: December 15, 2018, 03:36:26 pm »

I don’t see the problem. Xenophobes can be ’ew, icky xenos, keep them away’ and play isolationist, or just as well do ’purge the xeno filth’ exterminating play, or ’xenos are not people, they’re okay beasts of burden though, now the only true race doesn’t have to get their hands dirty anymore with these animals doing all the icky jobs’ and enslave them. Or maybe they’re practical and figure they might as well work them to death as their means of extermination. They’re just different kinds of xenophobes.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7612 on: December 15, 2018, 04:06:42 pm »

Also in this game, livestock is also considering slavery as well.

So I guess in game terms they're just all on that level of the ethics scale.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7613 on: December 15, 2018, 04:14:34 pm »

Is that better then just taking the planet yourself? And, if it is better, how so? Genuinely interested in knowing, not having played Despoilers, but it seems like in most cases, unless perhaps you are out of influence, if you can steal pops, you can just take the planet yourself.
Influence should usually be the limiting factor on what you can take anyway, though.

That's a good point, one would hope this wouldn't be the case, but of course it currently is.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7614 on: December 15, 2018, 04:27:55 pm »

I generally nab a planet or two in one war, then subjugate the next.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Trekkin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7615 on: December 15, 2018, 07:18:09 pm »

Also in this game, livestock is also considering slavery as well.

So I guess in game terms they're just all on that level of the ethics scale.

Well, the livestock in question is sapient, nerve stapled or not.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7616 on: December 15, 2018, 08:04:23 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

This planet deserves an award or something. Like, "worst place to live 2344". I sense a slave revolt incoming.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #7617 on: December 15, 2018, 08:28:55 pm »

I sense a slave revolt incoming.
You know what to do.

Vgray

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7618 on: December 15, 2018, 08:49:51 pm »

The pictured planet is not mine. My empire actually started out as Militarist/Authoritarian/Spiritualist, but lost authoritarian after they became fanatic spiritualist through an event. I actually did not intend that. I ended up making them Xenophile/Militarist/Spiritualist by embracing a xenophile faction. Actually, the xenophile faction enjoys 58% support in my empire now.

Edit: Welcome to freedom Tezhnid!

Now, please sign on the dotted line to join our glorious empire.

« Last Edit: December 15, 2018, 09:13:05 pm by Vgray »

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7619 on: December 15, 2018, 11:07:48 pm »

That's a good point, one would hope this wouldn't be the case, but of course it currently is.
I've been known to claim a planet, resettle the pops, and then give it back so it stops screwing with my district limit.
Pages: 1 ... 506 507 [508] 509 510 ... 632