Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1658916 times)

Imic

• Bay Watcher
  • Still sad
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #7665 on: December 19, 2018, 06:36:44 am »

I think I’ll get Utopia for now, and maybe Leviathans if the Steam sales are merciful. Thanks for that.
Imic's no longer allowed to vote.
Quote from: smyttysmyth
Well aren't you cheery
Quote cabinet
Regrets every choice he made and makes, including writing this here.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7666 on: December 19, 2018, 09:22:09 am »

I'll second the analysis above.  Utopia is the most fundamental expansion, although I'll note that the tradition and ascension perk systems introduced with it are actually part of the base game now.  You still need the expansion to get some locked ascension perks or to build megastructures though.  I think Utopia also introduces hive minded empires, if you wanted to play one of those.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Paul

• Bay Watcher
  • Polite discourse with a dash of insanity.
    • View Profile
    • Need an affordable website? I can help.
« Reply #7667 on: December 19, 2018, 11:24:54 am »

IMHO it's Utopia > Apocalypse > Distant Stars > Leviathans.

Only get synthetic dawn if you want to play robot empires. And they kind of suck right now. Distant Stars adds some leviathans already and lots of cool events and L gates. Leviathans adds a bunch of boss monsters and the enclaves which are nice but not necessary.

Utopia is nigh essential imo. It adds mega structures and ascension paths that are a lot of fun late game and give way more ways to build your empire out after the planets are full. Also adds hive and anti-social players like fanatic purifiers I think? Or did those get added as base game now?

And apocalypse adds stuff to the mid game (mid game threat of the khan) and really late game stuff. It adds stuff to spend unity on after you've maxed traditions out and super weapons to develop to blow up planets. It also lets you access the special starts like starting on a tomb world and play as barbarian raiders kidnapping people.
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7668 on: December 19, 2018, 01:58:16 pm »

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend buying any DLC until you've done a playthrough and discovered whether or not you enjoy it. None of them fundamentally change the play of the game.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7669 on: December 19, 2018, 02:21:49 pm »

Megastructures do! My whole game plan changes towards rushing megastructures.

But yeah man play a regular game first.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7670 on: December 19, 2018, 02:32:32 pm »

Yeah, unless they run a really good deal on the starter pack or something you can't go wrong with trying the base game before spending more on the dlc :)
Do you like Science Fiction? I'm writing the Weaveborn Saga over on Royal Road and my website. Link

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7671 on: December 20, 2018, 10:25:06 am »

Are all of the crises broken right now, or just the Prethoryn Scourge?  Maybe it's just the beta test branch, but it looks like the Scourge can't infest planets right now, causing their armies and some fleets to get stuck orbiting planets and not moving on.  Kind of frustrating, since they're doing that in a fanatic purifier's space, who won't give me access to go help destroy the Scourge.  Had to declare war just so I could get to the fleets.

Also kind of annoying since this is the first time I've seen the Scourge, and I'm pretty sure they're much scarier once they gain access to planets.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7672 on: December 20, 2018, 01:31:02 pm »

Welp 2.2.2 just dropped

I like this part:

* The chance of criminal Branch Offices getting shut down has been reduced slightly, and the cooldown between shutdown events has been reduced to 10 years
* At least one year with little or no crime must pass for a colony's criminal Branch Office to potentially get shut down (increased from one day)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7673 on: December 20, 2018, 01:38:41 pm »

Made tweaks to Galactic Market that should prevent an infinite profits exploit from flooding the market, then rebuying, you shameless tophat-wearing capitalist exploiters, you

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

...yeah, I totally abused this a couple of times xD

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7674 on: December 20, 2018, 01:54:58 pm »

Supposedly that's actually not fixed, and is just harder to exploit now.  I never actually exploited it, so how did that work?  Was it a matter of pausing the game and selling off enough resources that it caused the buy price to crash faster than the sell price?

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7675 on: December 20, 2018, 02:22:45 pm »

You bought or sold the higher quantities and then did the opposite. It gave them all to you at the price and then adjusted the price enough that you'd buy vack or sell back at a profit even with the 30% fee. It still works for the largest quantities or if you have market fee reductions from your leader or if you're the galactic market hub.  Like I sold 10k minerals for 13k energy and it dropped the price so much I could buy them back for 11k energy - even with their "fix" in the latest patch.

What they need to do is make the total price adjust based on how much you're buying or selling, so like 1000 might be 2000 selling at 2 each but 10000 might get 15500 because for each thousand it's 2, 1.9, 1.8, 1.7, 1.6, 1.5, 1.4, 1.3, 1
2, and 1.1. If they did that they could cut the market fee way down and using the market wouldn't be so punitive early on or exploitable later on.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7676 on: December 20, 2018, 07:13:20 pm »

"Added a check so that servitude robots cannot become criminals. We'll miss you, serial killer auto assembly claw."

Paul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7677 on: December 20, 2018, 10:07:29 pm »

It seems the migration thing is a bit less stupid now. I was able to make a migration treaty with two other empires for the two other major world types to colonize the rest of the worlds in my space, and they're all staying on their world type. Which is good, because +80%-90% upkeep on pops was pretty crippling.

Also it looks like the Steam sale is on with Stellaris getting 75% off and the DLC (except Megacorp) getting 50% off. Plus the starter pack, which includes the best two DLC imho, is an extra $3 off. Not a bad deal.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 12:39:30 am by Paul »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7678 on: December 21, 2018, 03:00:42 pm »

"Added a check so that servitude robots cannot become criminals. We'll miss you, serial killer auto assembly claw."

Hooray for the terrifying robot injury stellaris derail.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7679 on: December 21, 2018, 06:55:10 pm »

Trying to host galaxy market.  Boost trade to 120 and have exceptional rating for the nomination.

Some dinky 1 planet subject near me gets to host galaxy market.  Console command play dinky 1 planet subject to see why the hell they get to be host.  They have only 7 trade value.

wtf is this
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation
Pages: 1 ... 510 511 [512] 513 514 ... 632