Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1668113 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #7680 on: December 21, 2018, 06:58:46 pm »

I've heard many stories about that selection process being broken. It seems to be almost random, maybe using the same chances as elections use. You can boost your chances via the spending of energy/influence, but it's basically an RNG choice.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7681 on: December 21, 2018, 07:06:12 pm »

Hooray for the terrifying robot injury stellaris derail.
That's the only instance of degloving I've ever heard done with a vacuum, most of the ones I've seen were from people who wore rings/watches whilst working on ships with plenty of powerful mechanisms to deglove with. Losing your skin is moderately more preferable to having it peel from the bone

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7682 on: December 21, 2018, 07:39:54 pm »

Hooray for the terrifying robot injury stellaris derail.
That's the only instance of degloving I've ever heard done with a vacuum, most of the ones I've seen were from people who wore rings/watches whilst working on ships with plenty of powerful mechanisms to deglove with. Losing your skin is moderately more preferable to having it peel from the bone

Yeah that was the example quoted to us as the most likely one we would end up seeing. I ended up not joining the EMT ranks, it been  basically used like an advanced first-aid class since.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7683 on: December 21, 2018, 10:05:26 pm »

Anyone ever have a situation where there's a fleet that no units will attack? I currently am at war with a fanatical purifier who's ran a fleet of 15 corvettes (<1k power) through three fleets (two allied, one of mine) at ~1.5k each, and a starbase with three platforms at ~1.5k... and the ships on my side literally never fired a shot. They just flew into point blank range - which opened the combat dialogue, which reported 0 damage dealt - and then sat there while the 15 (starting tech) corvettes circled and annihilated them. Exiting and reloading finally made ships on my side start responding, but that was absurd and not something I wanna see regularly...

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7684 on: December 21, 2018, 10:33:26 pm »

Anyone ever have a situation where there's a fleet that no units will attack? I currently am at war with a fanatical purifier who's ran a fleet of 15 corvettes (<1k power) through three fleets (two allied, one of mine) at ~1.5k each, and a starbase with three platforms at ~1.5k... and the ships on my side literally never fired a shot. They just flew into point blank range - which opened the combat dialogue, which reported 0 damage dealt - and then sat there while the 15 (starting tech) corvettes circled and annihilated them. Exiting and reloading finally made ships on my side start responding, but that was absurd and not something I wanna see regularly...
I saw that happen once. But IIRC, fixing it didn't involve reloading. I can't recollect what I did, though.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7685 on: December 21, 2018, 10:58:42 pm »

For me, it stopped happening after I quit and restarted, which unfortunately I did 2/3s through the last of those battles I mentioned; the remaining scraps of the allied fleet hurt the death corvettes, but couldn't kill even one before being wiped out. After that I was eventually able to hunt them down and get a good start on killing them - but we'd accrued so much war weariness that my ally accepted peace halfway through the battle. As a result I lost ~5 systems to them (cutting off ~1/3 of my territory) and at this point am probably gonna restart because of how irate this nonsense made me.

acidia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7686 on: December 22, 2018, 10:45:04 am »

Ya I had a 70k stack get wiped by a 10k one without firing a shot.  I watched it ever so slowly happen.  What I think was going on was aircraft persisted after a battle and it was waiting for them to return/disappear before the fleet was technically out of the first combat before the second battle could be started.  Just a guess, only had it happen twice and both times were a month ago. 

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7687 on: December 22, 2018, 04:39:22 pm »

I think I saw it happen once, but based on recommendations I've read elsewhere to reload if it happens, I didn't lose a fleet.

Supposedly it's got something to do with enemy fleets using emergency FTL but having no system they can return to safely.  I'm not sure that's what triggered it the time I saw it though, since I've never completely conquered an enemy empire and they should have had somewhere to retreat to.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

ZeroGravitas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7688 on: December 22, 2018, 10:15:22 pm »

Made tweaks to Galactic Market that should prevent an infinite profits exploit from flooding the market, then rebuying, you shameless tophat-wearing capitalist exploiters, you

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

...yeah, I totally abused this a couple of times xD

it's really pathetic that this was ever in there. this is some 1970s Lemonade Stand shit.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7689 on: December 23, 2018, 01:38:36 am »

...It's still there. E.g. in my current game I can sell 10k food for 14k energy and buy it back for 13k. It's more tedious and might require trader bonuses, but it's not gone.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7690 on: December 23, 2018, 02:44:40 am »

It appears fixed in the opt-in beta patch.  I can buy 100 food for 130 energy, up to 10000 food for 25870 energy.  I haven't actually tested it, since I'm not very far into this run, but it looks like a proper scaling system.  Might still screw up for someone with megacorp bonuses, but I think the beta patch notes mentioned putting a minimum cap of 5% on market fee.

Edit:  Beta patch notes
* Set minimum market fee to 5%
* Removed bulk discount on Internal and Galactic Market
"Removed bulk discount"... interesting way of phrasing that.  Unless I missed a version, it was previously "flat price" not "discount".  Which was essentially just as broken, just interesting phrasing.
* Fixed literally unplayable typos and grammatical/formatting errors
Heh, I haven't visited the /vg/ thread so much recently, but I think the "literally unplayable" is poking fun at /vg/'s histrionics over a TODO left in the German Language translation a few months ago.  If you think this thread gets rough on Paradox, ever, well... the bar's in a totally different place on 4chan.
Of course, they act without sense as a matter of cultural pride.  It is a good pain.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2018, 02:51:58 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7691 on: December 23, 2018, 03:17:46 am »

Edit:  Beta patch notes
* Set minimum market fee to 5%
* Removed bulk discount on Internal and Galactic Market
Lol, what a load of shit.

"bulk discount" = too lazy to code it so when you bought a large amount it increased the price accordingly

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7692 on: December 23, 2018, 08:13:38 am »

only ever plays single player without acheesements, can always use console commands
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #7693 on: December 24, 2018, 01:45:22 pm »

Racket Caraveneers are guaranteed Psionics.

A Psionic Scientist means Psionic Theory can spawn regardless of ethics.
Psionic Theory means you can pick Mind over Matter and Transcendence.

...Suddenly getting Fanatic Materialist Psychics is very easy.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7694 on: December 24, 2018, 02:52:06 pm »

Racket Caraveneers are guaranteed Psionics.

A Psionic Scientist means Psionic Theory can spawn regardless of ethics.
Psionic Theory means you can pick Mind over Matter and Transcendence.

...Suddenly getting Fanatic Materialist Psychics is very easy.

Oh geez. I knew about the psionic scientist guarantee, but never made the connection. I play spiritualists often, you see.
Pages: 1 ... 511 512 [513] 514 515 ... 632