Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1658973 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #7860 on: February 18, 2019, 10:38:02 am »

My civ is a mix of arid reptiles and humans and the game insist of growing human pops on arid planets. I cannot decide on which because activating pop control will drop my crap influence.

Also it keep sending miner robots on farm jobs. The game don't give a damn about racial traits.

Not that it matter now because everyone evolved into cyborgs and I got love poems from a black hole. This ride has no brakes.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7861 on: February 18, 2019, 11:38:11 am »

Also it keep sending miner robots on farm jobs. The game don't give a damn about racial traits.
Is your food income low? I had this happening in my game and found it was because the game was weighting farming jobs much higher than miners because my food income was negative if I moved the robots back to mining

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7862 on: February 18, 2019, 11:58:11 am »

Are you playing 2.2.4 or the 2.2.5 beta branch?  The 2.2.5 beta branch is supposedly where the population growth and robot trait fixes were applied, and it does seem to work at least to an extent.  The game does still grow poorly suited pops on some planets, but mostly grows suitable ones.  I'm less sure about robot traits, since it's very tedious to make specialized robots in 2.2 and I haven't really bothered.

Related, can robots not work as technicians without the droids tech?  In a couple of games I've seen newly built robots be unemployed when there were open technician jobs, but I assumed robots could work all worker jobs like that without restriction.

Unrelated, I saw the War in Heaven glitch out yesterday for the first time.  Or at least I think it was a glitch.  The two fallen empires awakened like normal, declared each other rivals like normal, and I got the prompt to join one nor remain independent, as normal.  However, they never declared war on me, and the league of independent empires never formed.  I'm guessing this might not be a glitch and might just be the AI being bad, since the wiki implies that only AI empires over 20K fleet power are even considered, and I'm not sure any even had that much fleet power.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7863 on: February 18, 2019, 12:39:46 pm »

I haven't played this game in a while, but I wonder if they fixed the bug where fanatical purifiers can join the league of nonaligned nations. During the war in heaven I ended up leading the federation despite not being capable of diplomatic action, and I used all of the federation fleet cap to build a shit ton of expensive battleships which didn't have any weapons or FTL engines as a massive joke

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7864 on: February 18, 2019, 02:27:52 pm »

Is your food income low? I had this happening in my game and found it was because the game was weighting farming jobs much higher than miners because my food income was negative if I moved the robots back to mining

It is high, but so are my minerals. Also it is on 2.2.4 so that might explain that. My robots do not work as technicians without droid either.

Either way, I'm going to summon that worm; and with it do some heresy that will make xeno-compatibility look like hand holding.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7865 on: February 18, 2019, 04:22:43 pm »

Enforcer job priority is the BIGGEST pain in the ass. It seems like they're the last jobs filled so I have to manually remove available jobs until pops are forced to take them then manually open up jobs as more pops grow. I have a crime ridden planet because nobody wants to take the stupid jobs. The old system actually sucked slightly less than this.

edit:
Unrelated, I finally feel like I get Le Guin intuitively. I have my core worlds prioritizing native pops and a sector of thrall worlds generating raw materials to feed the refinery worlds, those thrall worlds are also cranking out slave clerks and servants to boost amenities and trade value where I need it. I'm playing the market by purchasing cheap resources internally market then selling them dear to other nations in trade deals, when I hit the alloy cap I set up a monthly deal to flood the market so I can buy huge quantities for cheap when I'm doing megastructures or filling out the fleet. Now that I'm comfortable I guess paradox is going to change everything in the next big update.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2019, 12:26:11 am by Broseph Stalin »

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7866 on: February 19, 2019, 01:43:15 am »

"we thought having a dozen different resources would be good but its bad, now there's just one resource: stuff"
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7867 on: February 19, 2019, 02:40:50 am »

"we thought having a dozen different resources would be good but its bad, now there's just one resource: stuff"
It's like Wiz himself, speaking to us from beyond the grave.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7868 on: February 19, 2019, 11:55:42 am »

So um. If you're a determined exterminator, find a bunch of pre-space meatbags, and send down several stacks of RambunctiousChildren 2.06 to "play" with them, the end result is occupation, not conquest (and its subsequent playful shenanigans). This seems like a bug, but regardless, is there any way to fix it? Does it matter that I may or may not have been kidnapping some of them to pull their wings off prior to invading them; i.e., would the invasion have gone normally if I didn't have a huge orbital magnifying glass over the anthill?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #7869 on: February 19, 2019, 12:00:29 pm »

What version are you playing? 2.2.4 or the 2.2.5 beta?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7870 on: February 19, 2019, 12:01:22 pm »

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7871 on: February 19, 2019, 12:53:38 pm »

Might be fixed in 2.2.5 since they also fixed some problems with crises not purging pops correctly.  Took like 3 patches for them to completely fix that somehow (as an aside, the next patch is the last bugfix patch for 2.2 somehow).

I've never declared war on primitives, so I'm not sure how you'd fix it.  Do you not have the option to set their species as being undesirables, or does that not purge pops during occupation?

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7872 on: February 19, 2019, 08:45:08 pm »

They're undesirables by default. My understanding is that you're not allowed to purge when you're only occupying; you need to have full control to purge. However, there's no war to end or anything - they're just there, so if they're not purged now, they'll never be. The occupied planet has built up a drone garrison and the meatbags aren't allowed to breed, but other than that we're living in harmony with them - well, aside from the abduction shuttles, but even getting rid of the observation post doesn't seem to change anything...

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7873 on: February 20, 2019, 12:18:06 am »

They're undesirables by default. My understanding is that you're not allowed to purge when you're only occupying; you need to have full control to purge. However, there's no war to end or anything - they're just there, so if they're not purged now, they'll never be. The occupied planet has built up a drone garrison and the meatbags aren't allowed to breed, but other than that we're living in harmony with them - well, aside from the abduction shuttles, but even getting rid of the observation post doesn't seem to change anything...
Isn't breeding prohibition a form of purge?

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7874 on: February 20, 2019, 09:22:33 am »

It used to be, at least.  Pretty sure.  Does it still cause pops to decline?  If so, that's a slow way to get rid of them.

Unrelated, but can you only build one non-habitat megastructure in a single system?  I don't recall it ever being that way before, but I found out that I can't build the galactic assembly megastructure (or whatever it's called) "due to existing megastructure" in my home system.  I built a science nexus there like 50 years prior and the galactic assembly must be built in your capital system, so I can't put it anywhere else.  Really annoying that the one time I play an empire that has a use for it, this happens.

Admittedly, moving your capital system isn't as much of a headache in 2.2 since there aren't exclusive building upgrades for the capital planet like there used to be, but it's still a waste of like 200 influence to do it.

Also annoying that in the course of 250 in game years, I was never able to find an empire willing to federate with me for the achievement.  Never got acceptance past -30 or so for anyone, and while I can't tell if that means the'd never accept the offer, I never got any to accept it with that level of acceptance.

Heh, except for the machine uprising in one of my protectorates, which finally triggered the league of unaligned nations against the war in heaven 30 years after the war started.  I start to fight them to protect my protectorate, at which point the game decides that the new empire with over 20K fleet power is a valid choice for the league, and gives me a popup box asking if I want to admit them to the league.  The machine uprising I'm currently at war with.  I said no, since I'm pretty sure it wouldn't give me the achievement anyway and frustratingly still had to declare war on the awakened empires despite -500 opinion because by this point I had 1.3 million fleet power and they knew they couldn't beat me.  I'm pretty sure they had no ships left either, since apparently fallen and awakened empires don't produce dark matter or zro, and so can't build new ships.
Pages: 1 ... 523 524 [525] 526 527 ... 632