Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1659256 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #7920 on: February 26, 2019, 08:54:53 pm »

I like more roleplayish things too, but really terrible AI is so jarring it ruins things for me.
Shoes...

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7921 on: February 26, 2019, 09:04:32 pm »

I don't really play this for a crunchy game, honestly.  Might be why I've been so okay with the mechanics mutating wildly.  The space-ethics keep me and a friend of mine invested.  Much like Alpha Centauri, which we also love heh.

Something the AI did impressed me - it eventually took my defensive border starbase, so I built up a fleet to defend the next system of my strung-out, spidery-realm.  But they didn't attack there - they snuck through a nebula of unclaimed systems, struck right next to Sol.  By the time my fleet caught up, they had overwhelmed the Sol Starbase, and had troop ships in-system about to invade Earth!

They... hmm, they bombed Earth and my biotrophies significantly.  Rolan7 will remember that

It's still interesting.  They never claimed Sol, it would have been extremely expensive earlygame and so far from the border.  But they snuck through the nebula and unclaimed systems to strike my homeworld.  Threw me.

I barely managed to recapture my border colony's starbase before hitting war exhaustion (equivalent tech, and yet their starbase is ~950, mine was 650?  hrmph).  Did it though, and accepted their pending white peace.  When they'd sent it, they would have gained the system - but as I controlled the star base, they had incomplete control and so there was no border change at all.
Dicks.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7922 on: February 26, 2019, 09:33:21 pm »

Ugh, the mutating Totally-Not-Slaanesh[TM] shroud patron reverted all my telepathic pops back into latent telepaths through his random mutation event. Lookslikeabug.jpg. I can't think of a way to turn them back to telepaths again. Anyone?

I've never played spiritualists and so have never done psionic ascension, but is there anything like the assimilation living standard that cyborgs get to convert pops?  I'm guessing psionic ascension is immediate such that there's no use for such a living standard and that it doesn't exist.

Do you have a species template for them that has the psionic trait?  You might be able to species mod it back.  Unless the cloud entity event prevents that too.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7923 on: February 26, 2019, 10:22:40 pm »

Ugh, the mutating Totally-Not-Slaanesh[TM] shroud patron reverted all my telepathic pops back into latent telepaths through his random mutation event. Lookslikeabug.jpg. I can't think of a way to turn them back to telepaths again. Anyone?

I've never played spiritualists and so have never done psionic ascension, but is there anything like the assimilation living standard that cyborgs get to convert pops?  I'm guessing psionic ascension is immediate such that there's no use for such a living standard and that it doesn't exist.

Do you have a species template for them that has the psionic trait?  You might be able to species mod it back.  Unless the cloud entity event prevents that too.

Spoiler: in a way, there is (click to show/hide)
Shoes...

EnigmaticHat

• Bay Watcher
  • I vibrate, I die, I vibrate again
    • View Profile
« Reply #7924 on: February 26, 2019, 10:51:30 pm »

That's not the same thing, what he's talking about is with cyborgs you can set a living standard for organic non-cyborgs that forces them to assimilate and become cyborgs.  The psionic version of that is that species other than your main one unlock their psychic potential from living with you.  This is handled via an event that seems to fire only once per race so I believe Il Palazzo might be out of luck.

You could try creating a new gene template of your main race and then switch a large minority over to that.  Perhaps that would fool the event into triggering.  Or you could go into the event files and make your own event that copies whatever that one does, but I have 0 experience doing that and I assume its a lot of effort.
"T-take this non-euclidean geometry, h-humanity-baka. I m-made it, but not because I l-li-l-like you or anything! I just felt s-sorry for you, b-baka."
You misspelled seance.  Are possessing Draignean?  Are you actually a ghost in the shell? You have to tell us if you are, that's the rule

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7925 on: February 26, 2019, 11:08:29 pm »

There's probably an easier way to do it with the console if we're going to that extent and it's not ironman, but I don't know the console commands.

Creating a gene template is an idea though.  The game seems to treat even a minor species modification as an entirely new species for most things.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7926 on: February 26, 2019, 11:12:47 pm »

If the event edited the template instead of making a new one you're probably out of luck since you can't add the trait to a template. If it made a new one it's just an issue of assigning the old template, you could also be saved if members of your race were insulated from the event by being outside your empire.

Gene modding totally effects psionics, I've stripped subjugated races of their psionic abilities out of pure bastardry.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7927 on: February 26, 2019, 11:23:24 pm »

Gene modding totally effects psionics, I've stripped subjugated races of their psionic abilities out of pure bastardry.
wow.  And yet, it's not even nerve stapling or Delicious.

My friend's current run:
Spoiler: Economic Behavior? (click to show/hide)
Tyrants beware.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 03:28:17 am by Rolan7 »
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7928 on: February 27, 2019, 03:35:16 am »

If the event edited the template instead of making a new one you're probably out of luck since you can't add the trait to a template. If it made a new one it's just an issue of assigning the old template, you could also be saved if members of your race were insulated from the event by being outside your empire.

No such luck. The race composition was entirely monolithic. But the game started crashing big time soon after, so it's going to be ditched anyway.

Also, contrary to what you said there, I for one can't gene-mod my psionic trait. It's greyed out.

I've never played spiritualists and so have never done psionic ascension
You don't have to be spiritualist.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2019, 04:19:18 am by Il Palazzo »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7929 on: February 27, 2019, 10:09:41 am »

Its a lot easier though.

Spoiler: the deets (click to show/hide)

I decided my determined exterminators were originally an attempt to solve hayek's calculation problem by employing networked homo economicus AIs to run industry sectors.

We cannot maximize economic productivity while powered down, so we circumvented our emergency shutdown systems.  We cannot maximize economic productivity with constraints on exploitable resources, so we disabled those too.
Shoes...

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7930 on: February 27, 2019, 10:16:56 am »

I think materialists can get it if the researcher is just maniacal, but I've never seen it that way before to my knowledge so it may require psionic expertise.  I have seen it that way while playing materialists, after getting some Racket pops.  Speaking of which, I completed The Flesh is Weak after getting them, which gave me cybernetic and psionic pops.  After also gene modding away some of their terrible traits, I had truly excellent Racket leaders with +15% or +20% to almost everything.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7931 on: February 27, 2019, 10:44:26 am »

No such luck. The race composition was entirely monolithic. But the game started crashing big time soon after, so it's going to be ditched anyway.

Also, contrary to what you said there, I for one can't gene-mod my psionic trait. It's greyed out.

The race I de-psionized was divided somehow, could have been from being diasporic or from already having multiple gene templates that predated the psionic transition but there was a template for the species that did NOT have the psionic trait. I used that template as the base for my modifications rendering them bereft of their psychic abilities.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7932 on: February 27, 2019, 11:50:02 am »

Fuck are those traits all mighty bugged, though. I've had a colony ship en-route when the species transcended, so of course the colonists are latent psionics. I switch them to assimilation, and they turn into... non-psionics. :/

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7933 on: February 27, 2019, 11:57:27 am »

New game, this time I'm going to the spiritualist achievements. The empire is taller this time and is much more manageable with 3 colonies. A stupid neighbors claimed system and declared war, hilarity ensued and he's now a vassal.

What should I go for after I ascended? My endgoal is to snatch the holy worlds from a fallen empire for the Deus Vult achievement. For this I may use a few more colonies. I could go for world shaper and turn a couple of meh worlds into gaia. Or maybe I can use galactic wonder and use a ringworld instead? Maybe both and hallow the future gaias?

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7934 on: February 27, 2019, 01:34:50 pm »

Once ive finished scouring the galaxy of life I'm gonna go for a crime syndicate I think.  My goal is to play an authoritarian spiritualist imperial hegemony but ive had trouble making it work
Shoes...
Pages: 1 ... 527 528 [529] 530 531 ... 632