Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 632

Author Topic: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE  (Read 1658983 times)

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
Re: Stellaris: Paradox Interactive IN SPACE
« Reply #8910 on: November 30, 2020, 11:29:10 pm »

I have no fucking idea what praxis is, but buying slaves and granting them citizenship has to be praxis.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8911 on: November 30, 2020, 11:47:25 pm »

Black lives matter.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8912 on: November 30, 2020, 11:51:45 pm »

I sorta knew that praxis was good execution of egalitarian ideals.
Glad that checks out.
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #8913 on: February 04, 2021, 01:24:07 pm »

New Expansion Announced.

Dev Diary 199: Become the Crisis. Let the galaxy burn.

Probably going to be released alongside the update that brings Espionage, rebalances pops (removes pop restriction on buildings and will mean less pops overall so should bring a performance boost), and updates districts (replaces Industrial and Alloy Foundries with Industrial Districts, which will also make resources easier for AI to manage).
« Last Edit: February 04, 2021, 01:25:53 pm by MorleyDev »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8914 on: February 04, 2021, 01:58:30 pm »

Was kinda hoping they'd do such a thing for dev diary #100 so the dev diary and crisis event ID would match. 199 isn't too bad though

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8915 on: February 04, 2021, 03:26:22 pm »

I can't help but imagine a late-game empire having enough economic power to simply buy up the required dark matter (over a course of years, to mitigate the price inflation).  But eating stars is fun I suppose.

Apparently they originally posted a teaser for the dev diary then edited it in 5 hours later as it "decrypted".  Cute reference to the espionage DLC I guess, but it sure made the first few pages of comments useless.
She/they

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8916 on: February 04, 2021, 04:58:38 pm »

I'm pretty pleased overall with the economic and espionage changes they've talked about up to this point, but I'm a bit more iffy on the crisis thing.  One comment made a good point, where this is what ascension perks should actually do instead of just giving +X% bonuses, but it feels a little awkward to me.  I'm also curious if the existing crises will be changed, since there were conflicting comments on them being removed.

If an AI empire reliably picks the perk then I'll be happy I suppose, even though I probably never will.  Presumably genocidal empires will choose it regularly, and if they survive the early game they can usually get to a strong position (by AI standards) by the late game where this might actually make them dangerous.  That will be cool.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8917 on: February 04, 2021, 05:26:36 pm »

I can't help but imagine a late-game empire having enough economic power to simply buy up the required dark matter (over a course of years, to mitigate the price inflation).  But eating stars is fun I suppose.

"I will hold the galaxy hostage for... one MILLION dollars!"

"Uh sir, a million dollars isn't really that much anymore."

"What?"
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8918 on: February 04, 2021, 06:06:33 pm »

[laughs in galaxy coin]

MrRoboto75

• Bay Watcher
  • Belongs in the Trash!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8919 on: February 04, 2021, 07:56:51 pm »

[laughs in galaxy coin]

this is good for galaxy coin
I consume
I purchase
I consume again

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8920 on: February 05, 2021, 02:23:46 am »

Huh. They might rope me back into another game when this releases. I found the whole federation / galactic council overhaul super boring, so I'm looking forward to actually being rewarded for my default behavior of declaring war on other species and taking them over wiping them out.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #8921 on: February 05, 2021, 08:27:13 am »

Honestly, I think Stellaris caters to the genocidal crowd a little too much. It would be nice to have more options and contents to play something else than a warmonger. Plus crisis other than based on warfare, stuff like alien parasites infilitrating societies or the like, instead of just huge fleets you must beat back.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8922 on: February 05, 2021, 10:08:37 am »

I agree.  Fighting is fun, but I keep hoping for some kind of internal political rework to make the game more interesting if you're not constantly picking fights with other empires.
Through pain, I find wisdom.

Hanzoku

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8923 on: February 05, 2021, 10:27:17 am »

Well that's the problem - The only interesting thing about Stellaris is warfare. Everything else is a boring idle game of waiting until numbers tick up enough that you can buy another upgrade, building or what have you.

But yeah, I agree it'd be great if the rest of the game was more interesting then it is right now.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #8924 on: February 05, 2021, 10:53:34 am »

Well that's the problem - The only interesting thing about Stellaris is warfare. Everything else is a boring idle game of waiting until numbers tick up enough that you can buy another upgrade, building or what have you.

But yeah, I agree it'd be great if the rest of the game was more interesting then it is right now.
Beat me to it. And even the warfare isn't all that interesting once you leave the mid-late game
Pages: 1 ... 593 594 [595] 596 597 ... 632