Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What's the difference between Reborn and the normal Masterworks ?  (Read 964 times)

Lancezh

• Bay Watcher
  • Noob Inc
    • View Profile

I have a very hard time to figure out which version i should play. I played DF 4 years ago almost and consider myself a noob again... i don't entirely understand what the difference is between the two. Could someone give me a pointer ? I found the description of Masterworks (the normal one) and kinda understand what it is, but then there is Reborn which seems to be newer but kinda also Masterworks ?

I'm really confused, someone help me out please.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: What's the difference between Reborn and the normal Masterworks ?
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 11:32:55 am »

6.2 is (what I would call the "current") the stable version, relatively tested and full of all the features people expect.  It's built on DF2012.

Reborn is the development version, which is quite playable and fun, but not complete.  It's built on DF2014.  You can read the threads' patchnotes if you want details.

Lancezh

• Bay Watcher
  • Noob Inc
    • View Profile
Re: What's the difference between Reborn and the normal Masterworks ?
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 11:38:28 am »

6.2 is (what I would call the "current") the stable version, relatively tested and full of all the features people expect.  It's built on DF2012.

Reborn is the development version, which is quite playable and fun, but not complete.  It's built on DF2014.  You can read the threads' patchnotes if you want details.

Thanks alot, that clears up alot. I used to play DF alot and i had the same quarrels back then with some mods, the descriptions are not selfexplanatory to people who are new (or again new) to lots of this stuff. Maybe they should add your explanation to the sticky, or just tell noobs to stay away, i couldn't make sense of a lot of stuff in there because i just grabbed the newest version. Could have saved me alot of hours of trouble...

Thanks again!