Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Does v6.2 still have animated weapons?  (Read 1249 times)

Axmeister

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Does v6.2 still have animated weapons?
« on: October 26, 2015, 02:26:00 am »

I'm playing version 6.2 at the moment and I can't seem to find any of the animated weapons. They don't appear on the embark screen and they don't come with migrants, though I tend to make worlds of around 100-200 years so it could be possible that my worlds aren't old enough.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Does v6.2 still have animated weapons?
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2015, 10:08:37 am »

Animated weapons are made in one of the wizard schools, I think.

c0mplex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2015, 11:47:25 pm »

Yeah, they have to be made in the altar of air (or whatever it is called). It is weird though that I never see them as pets outside of warlock embarks. I don't think time is a factor since I cannot recall ever seeing them appear in embarks in this version, though I am impressed you can regularly make worlds that old. Dwarf civs in my worlds tend to fall apart after 50 or so years in generation.

Axmeister

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 03:30:49 am »

I'm sure I used to be able to get them on the embark screen, but then I took a break from Masterwork to play normal Dwarf Fortress.

Also, is 100+ for a world too long? I'm sure people used to make worlds a lot longer, with some of the maps in the advanced world generator the default end year is 1050 or something.

There Is No Vic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 08:57:26 am »

I'm sure I used to be able to get them on the embark screen, but then I took a break from Masterwork to play normal Dwarf Fortress.

Also, is 100+ for a world too long? I'm sure people used to make worlds a lot longer, with some of the maps in the advanced world generator the default end year is 1050 or something.

I've been using 100 years for a while because I didn't want to wait 1000 to start playing. It's a little awkward when 230 year old migrants show up in the year 102 though.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2015, 12:26:00 am »

They were buyable in older version, but people disagreed both with the high-fantasy setting and how overpowered they were. You can still make them in the endgame as dwarves, and Warlocks can embark with them, since they are a magic-based race.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Axmeister

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2015, 03:47:58 am »

Oh, thanks for clearing up the matter! I suppose I'll have to figure out the end game then.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 03:08:21 pm »

☼MasterWork☼ has an endgame?
 :)
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2015, 09:28:15 pm »

move everyone and everything into the circus and make the 3 caverns and surface a playground of blood.  - endgame =)