Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6

Author Topic: HelMoo- A Mud that Bay12 would appreciate  (Read 8757 times)

Nidilap

• Bay Watcher
  • Oh boy a Swooooord!!!
    • View Profile
HelMoo- A Mud that Bay12 would appreciate
« on: July 24, 2015, 06:05:59 pm »

HEY BAY12!

Want a MUD that has you survive in the post Apocalypse? Wanna brutalize orphans, crackheads, the elderly, and sewer mutants? Wanna eat ramen, get high and drink until you overdose? Wanna be a cannibal? You can do that stuff, and more!

Also, general discussion thread.
Nidilap likes Adamantine, Bituminous Coal, Garnets, Cats for their aloofness, Dwarves for their stupidity, and Swords for their Spikes and edges. When possible, he prefers to eat pizza, ramen noodles, and sushi. He absolutely detests elves and spiders. He needs MTN DEW to get through the working day.

A medium- sized creature prone to great ambition, but only when he feels like it.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
Re: HelMoo- A Mud that Bay12 would appreciate
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2015, 06:17:46 pm »

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=38405.0

Last post was march 31st, 2015. It wouldn't be necro to use the other thread.
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2015, 06:26:23 pm »

HEY BAY12!

Want a MUD that has you survive in the post Apocalypse? Wanna brutalize orphans, crackheads, the elderly, and sewer mutants? Wanna eat ramen, get high and drink until you overdose? Wanna be a cannibal? You can do that stuff, and more!

I mean, if I want to play HellMOO with 5 people then sure. The age of MUDs is sadly over. I remember when there were 40+ people around and there were no carebear douche rules regarding apartment burglary, PKing, and other hilarity.

HellMOO is basically shit now. Sad - it was my favorite MUD.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2015, 11:47:14 pm »

HEY BAY12!

I mean, if I want to play HellMOO with 5 people then sure. The age of MUDs is sadly over. I remember when there were 40+ people around and there were no carebear douche rules regarding apartment burglary, PKing, and other hilarity.

HellMOO is basically shit now. Sad - it was my favorite MUD.

This.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 12:05:22 am »

I wouldn't say the age of MUDs is over, just the age of HellMOO.
It is kinda sad, though. :-\   
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 12:22:46 am »

got excited when i saw the title.
no one seems too enthusiastic here, though.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 01:09:22 am »

EDIT: Okay, I'm going to be obsessed with this again. Would any Bay12ers be interested in forming a guild? HellMOO has the most players, Inferno has a decent amount. My character on Inferno still has all the xp and mutations, but I don't know. Opinions on which server?

----------
I wouldn't say the age of MUDs is over, just the age of HellMOO.
It is kinda sad, though. :-\   

Pretty much this! There are plenty of thriving MUD games.

got excited when i saw the title.
no one seems too enthusiastic here, though.

HellMOO (and its many offspring) is probably one of my favorite MUDs, and the one that I've spent absolutely the most time on. That being said, it's super hard to stick with, because the admins and moderators and community are always huge jerks about everything, everything goes insane within a few months, and everyone hates each other. That, coupled with the fact that if you make a real nemesis with anyone in the game who is stronger than you, they can and will prevent you from have an enjoyable time (through seeking you out with telepathy, and then murdering, taking all your things off your corpse, taking all the things from your apartment, and so on). That said, it's pretty fun for a while, and if there were a sizable playerbase again I'd totally pick it up. It has a really unique, cyberpunk setting, and the gameplay is like no other.

So I logged on to HellMOO and all my stuff is gone...was there a reset at some point? And is HellMOO or InfernoMOO currently better? Is Inferno even alive?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 01:20:27 am by quinnr »
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

gimlet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 01:51:21 pm »

Yeah "the age of MUDs" was over long before HateMOO even started development...

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 06:24:48 pm »

I'd go with infernomoo. There have been so many good quality of life changes. Easy rerolls are a biggie. I'd be game, but not sure how active and pretty sure I need to start over as well.

Edit: log in, tell zaylin he doesn't matter, got an admin star. Wonderful game.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 06:30:16 pm by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 06:29:07 pm »

I'd go with infernomoo. There have been so many good quality of life changes. Easy rerolls are a biggie. I'd be game, but not sure how active and pretty sure I need to start over as well.

Yeah, the InfernoMOO has a small playerbase, but people are a lot nicer and the gameplay stuff is better, so that's where I'm around for now.

Use the "oldco" command to connect to your character, it's probably still there. I have all my xp and skills, although my cash and items were all gone.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Android

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 08:27:55 pm »

Edit: log in, tell zaylin he doesn't matter, got an admin star. Wonderful game.

Heh, some things never change, eh?

UristMcDwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2015, 09:13:16 pm »

idk why people complain about people being "too mean" on hellmoo

isnt that the point?

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 25, 2015, 11:22:37 pm »

I wouldn't say the age of MUDs is over,

They seem to be in decline. Like Cthulhu however they may someday rise again
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2015, 12:07:18 am »

MUDs still (and probably for a long time, will) have a steady audience. It's not huge, but it is steady. I'd probably attribute a lot of that to blind users who can't really access many other games.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 11:26:56 am »

So, I may have just inadvertently caused a player wipe. Well, EAZY did, but I found the bugs related to what EAZY did that results in this happening.

Edit: Senate meeting in a few hours to discuss.

Edit the second: MAKE SURE YOU HAVE AN ACCOUNT.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 11:32:16 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6