Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [DFHack] gm-unit (a util to edit units)  (Read 6974 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
[DFHack] gm-unit (a util to edit units)
« on: July 25, 2015, 07:17:37 am »

Started working on it! Currently lets you only edit skills... Lets see how long till i get bored with this project?

put this in hack/gui/gm-unit.lua

to run type: "gui/gm-unit" when having selected a unit.

Also: everybody is welcome to add their own subeditors. E.g. if anyone wants to make appearance editor that is user friendly please do it :) (it's hell to do...)
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 12:55:55 am by Warmist »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: [DFHack] gm-unit (a util to edit units)
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 06:11:06 pm »

Yeah, I'm tinkering with the ideas for the appearance part and I might know how to fold in a preferences part too.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2015, 04:55:57 am »

Added counters. Now you can edit units counters

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2015, 11:53:27 am »

You linked to a version of the script from a specific commit in the first post, which doesn't contain support for counters.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2015, 12:56:15 am »

You linked to a version of the script from a specific commit in the first post, which doesn't contain support for counters.
Fixed! Thanks.

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2015, 01:34:23 pm »

Posting to watch.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2015, 06:35:07 am »

And BAM!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

expwnent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2015, 07:06:20 am »

Awesome!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2015, 12:43:18 pm »

That is a neat trick, has me thinking some... *withdraws from society and demands spider silk, goat bone, and turtle shells.*

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 03:30:25 pm »

This is pretty good. How well does the entity editing work? I might use it to make my trained rocs and dragon friendly. Then I won't have to use a wonky setup to breed the rocs!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 09:45:13 pm »

It worked right when you entered the value yourself, I had some trouble getting it to work with the ctrl+a list version but it is probably an outdated version.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2015, 04:00:52 pm »

I tried to get this to make my rocs friendly but it didn't work. I can modify what civilization everything is from, but it doesn't make the rocs friendly.

Sylvia Wolfe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2019, 09:42:52 pm »

The sad thing is I care less about the skill editor as I am fine with the small degree of control I get on embark. What I am really interested in is attributes, so I can tickle the 'oh so very special' part of my brain that wants my wood cutters and miners to be strong idiots and my bookkeepers and mechanics to be a weak geniuses. Or to better model them after my friends, family and pets that I name them after.

Is there still a way to use this- or another method- to edit an entity's attributes? Like strength, agility, stamina, durability, focus, willpower, intuition, kinesthetic sense, linguistic ability? Those things that are only under your control in adventurer mode.

Or, to date the last time I was actively playing DF, did the ability to do that die with Runesmith?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2019, 02:53:20 am »

The sad thing is I care less about the skill editor as I am fine with the small degree of control I get on embark. What I am really interested in is attributes, so I can tickle the 'oh so very special' part of my brain that wants my wood cutters and miners to be strong idiots and my bookkeepers and mechanics to be a weak geniuses. Or to better model them after my friends, family and pets that I name them after.

Is there still a way to use this- or another method- to edit an entity's attributes? Like strength, agility, stamina, durability, focus, willpower, intuition, kinesthetic sense, linguistic ability? Those things that are only under your control in adventurer mode.

Or, to date the last time I was actively playing DF, did the ability to do that die with Runesmith?

Nah it's easy, just nobody got around to it :P

Next version will probably have it, if you are too inpatient then here a new version that you just need to paste into "hack/scripts/gui/gm-unit.lua" file

Sylvia Wolfe

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2019, 10:50:25 am »

Thank you! Still getting used to some of the changes but you just prevented this strange mood from turning into a tantrum spiral.