- 0 (0%)
Go home: safe but these recruits might cost too much to rehire
- 0 (0%)
Other: please post your suggestion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 26, 2015, 11:18:48 am

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Deadly Dungeon Crawl  (Read 6286 times)

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly Dungeon Crawl
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2015, 07:46:50 am »

Order the rouge to do a sneak attack.
Order the warrior to use the style of the crab. ((How you interpret this is up to you.))
Order the mage to trap an ant in between two sheilds.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2015, 09:06:58 am »

Order the rouge to do a sneak attack.
Order the warrior to use the style of the crab. ((How you interpret this is up to you.))
Order the mage to trap an ant in between two sheilds.
Will do!

Log
Combat log:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

State:

Next turn in 1 hour.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 26, 2015, 09:13:03 am »

Switch to the style of the dancing blade!!
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 10:11:27 am by Hiddenleafguy »

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2015, 10:04:09 am »

Samantha: heal Harold.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2015, 10:08:00 am »

Note: healing works only in safe situations and uses xp (1 small wound 2 xp which could be used to get new skills!). Moving wounds to yourself is easier and can be done in battle.
Also about hp: it works like this - normal people die if they receive 3 large wounds (each composed of 3 small wounds). If you have a small wound it gives you -1 to rolls. So progression looks like this: 1 sw (-1 to rolls), 2sw (-2 to rolls), 1lw (3sw turn into one large wound.), 1lw and 1 sw(-1 to rolls) , etc...
There will be instakill weapons (but hopefully we'll have heavy armours and stuff like that).

Please wait. Loading...

Log
Combat log:

State:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 10:36:24 am by Warmist »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 26, 2015, 10:10:10 am »

Can the next warrior be a glaive user?

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2015, 10:48:51 am »

Can the next warrior be a glaive user?
Sure. Though not sure how long these ones will survive/play.

I think i should say a bit about the system.
This is a modified (quite heavily) "roll for shoes" system. Basically you roll against the world. Skill level shows how many dices you roll, while what you are trying to achieve is how many dices the world rolls against you. Because this is quite a brutal world (think df) wounds are easy to get and hard to remove. E.g. trying to remove two small wounds is 2 dices of difficulty.

Another limitation in place is that when you roll something in non-combat situation, it means that you try until you are exhausted or succeed. So you can only try the same thing once per room (there is also matter of time, other might be traveling to this place as the adventurers battle/explore).

Leveling is done like this: each time a character rolls all sixes in a used skill, he can gain a new skill that is subset of used skill and level higher (e.g. get acrobatics, when using "any skill lvl 1", roll=6). You can spend xp to count dices as "roll of 6" for intent of leveling (e.g. lvl 2 skill rolled 3+6, but if you use 1 xp you can still get new lvl3 skill, or if you roll e.g. 2+5 and use 2xp) but you still need to succeed.
Also skills have a lvl-1 cooldown. E.g. Francis used both "Dagger skill lvl2" and "Parry lvl2" this turn, so next turn he can't use them.

With that in mind:
Francis rolled "6+2" for his dagger skill lvl2 so he can spend 1 xp to gain lvl3 (dagger attack related) skill.
Also he rolled "6+2" for his "Parry lvl2" so he can spend 1 xp to gain lvl3 (parry skill related) skill.

Also updated first post with new charsheets.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 10:59:56 am by Warmist »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2015, 10:58:59 am »

Continue using the dancing blade, occasionally switching to the style of the random bladesmen to throw off blocks.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
  • Its a lie. he is still an escaped lunatic brony.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2015, 11:25:58 am »

Francois should use the Parry mannuver and then thrust his blade into the ant scouts weakpoint.
I hear a piranha is good eating.  I have a spear; I'll be fine!
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

They decide that they didn't get paid enough for this..

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 26, 2015, 11:38:51 am »

Francois should use the Parry mannuver and then thrust his blade into the ant scouts weakpoint.
Continue using the dancing blade, occasionally switching to the style of the random bladesmen to throw off blocks.

Incoming turn, please wait...

Heh... a short turn.

Log
Combat log:

State:
Blue H is a quite decomposed and ant eaten human corpse (more of a skeleton currently).

This is probably the last turn today. I'll update the first post and post current characters here. Not sure if i'll continue this "1 hour turns" - this takes a lot of work... Maybe a room a day?..

Characters:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:04:45 pm by Warmist »

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 26, 2015, 01:36:49 pm »

Room a day sounds easier for one to manage. In the mean time, resting to heal off wounds seems like a good idea. Resting in general might help the group
The Pilot and their cargo handlers paused when they saw that the entire camp is covered in eldritch runes coated in blood. And rotting monkey corpses everywhere..

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 26, 2015, 01:57:55 pm »

The warrior shall train on his watch.
The ranger shall practice on his watch.
The white mage shall read a book on her watch.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2015, 11:01:47 am »

Our adventurers relax a little.

"That's the last of them." exhales Samantha.
"Is this your first real fight?" asks Francis.
"Well yeah, but I finished all the training for white mages with best scores"

While those two are chatting, Harold moves the ant corpse out of the doorway and closes the door. He sits at the door and lodges his shield so the door couldn't be opened.

"Don't relax too much you too. When you fight giant ants, you fight the whole brood..."
He nervously glances at the now barred door.
"... I just hope that this is a small brood. Or else we might be ant food by the end of this day"

The mood suddenly changes. Samantha starts applying her first aid skills. She manages to patch up Harold and herself when suddenly there's scrapping noise behind the door.

"Looks like the rest is over." says Harold as he stands readying his weapon.

zomara0292

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2015, 01:03:32 pm »

So. . . . 
I have one idea, but its piss poor and failure on any part will be disastrous.
H burst the door open and bash the head of the first one to come through with the shield
F: get behind it and cut as deep into its neck as possible, while its focused on H
S: use the shield spell to stop them from comming through the door to back up their comrad. We want no more than twe in the room at a time.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 28, 2015, 02:06:23 pm »

Harold takes the stance of Crab and advances into the door. The doors hinges appear to have been rusted enough to crash down on the ant. But that does not stop the fighter. He continues crushing the ant scout until it's against the wall (2 small wounds to the ant)

Francis at the same time nimbly squeezes past Harold and as opportunity arises jams his dagger into the neck of the ant (1 sw).

The chitin holds for some time but soon ichor sprays from the open wound and ant collapses.

Samantha gestures with her staff. It appears that she strains, but air ripples and a light blue shield energy appears (partial success, only two shields appears). She also has learned something new from her experience (used up 1 xp to gain new skill: "Magical Fields (lvl2)" (full name "Thaumaturgical field manipulation, sensing and intuition" :) )

Our adventurers have seen a new enemy: "Ant gurgler". They are seeing it for the first time, it's emitting gurgling sounds (hence the name) and has a bloated abdomen.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 02:10:00 pm by Warmist »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4