- 0 (0%)
Go home: safe but these recruits might cost too much to rehire
- 0 (0%)
Other: please post your suggestion
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: July 26, 2015, 11:18:48 am

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Deadly Dungeon Crawl  (Read 6198 times)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Deadly Dungeon Crawl
« on: July 25, 2015, 10:43:07 am »

Intro
Most stories are about characters. About their lives and troubles. About their rises and falls. However some stories are about the more static, more permanent things. More indestructible, more evil, sometimes more pure, about the objects of power. You might know one such story about a throne built from swords…
This is a story about a dungeon. Or to be more precise what lies in the abyss that this dungeons leads to.

But it can be a story about you…
What is it?

There is a underlying (quite simple) system that governs the dungeon in question and adventures in it. However as forum play tends to take longer, i suggest this: the players in this forum are a committee for adventurers guild. You have a fixed income that you can spend to create characters that will venture into "the dungeon". I'll post how it plays out.

The defining thing about this dungeon is that it persists. Other players play in it. Other things happen to it. I hope little by little it will get filled with corpses explored.

How to play

Your guild has 100 gold to organize an expedition. You can spend money like this:
Hirelings:
  • warrior 20 gold - close range damage dealer
  • ranger 30 gold - a ranged damage dealer
  • wizard 40 gold - flexible ranged damage dealer
Equipment:
  • suit of hardened leather armour 30 gold

Due to the fact that your guild is new no experienced people come to you so you have to do with newbies (heroes will come later).

When hiring a person you can define him/her/it as much as you like (Note: people tend to die there, so don't get attached to them ;) ). That includes equipment that they bring (that will be priced on the spot) and how they behave (e.g. run if you are wounded, or try to shield others from damage).

Future
If this goes well i'm hoping to do e.g. irc session...

Current status

Money: 20gp.
Guild:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Characters:
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 12:01:34 pm by Warmist »

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Deadly Dungeon Crawl
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2015, 10:53:07 am »

Seems fun, and by fun I mean the DF kind of fun!

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2015, 10:57:19 am »

In this world there were heroes. Well heroes is wrong term... More like forces of nature. Ones that killed thousands, ones that saved thousands. Ones that ruled cities as large as some countries for thousands of years, ones that moved mountains...

But that is in legends. Though some legends had their beginnings in a nobody descending into a dungeon and coming out changed.

And recently one of your hired scholars brought up an idea that not long ago unearthed dungeon is in a very similar position as those legends to. And the higher ups say that it's work investing our money into it.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2015, 11:06:10 am »

What do we need rangers for? Aren't they more for outdoors areas? Wouldn't a rogue or thief be better?
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2015, 11:09:02 am »

What do we need rangers for? Aren't they more for outdoors areas? Wouldn't a rogue or thief be better?

Well... I mean you do not "hire" a rogue or a thief... You hire a ranger, that when you have an interview says that he can pick that lock while hanging upside down :) . But he is totally not a thief...

« Last Edit: July 25, 2015, 11:14:52 am by Warmist »

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2015, 11:16:11 am »

Oh, certainly not. He's probably just an out-of-work locksmith. With hobbies in gymnastics and parkour. Who does his work quietly so as not to disturb his customers.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2015, 11:17:21 am »

Oh, certainly not. He's probably just an out-of-work locksmith. With hobbies in gymnastics and parkour. Who does his work quietly so as not to disturb his customers.

:D

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2015, 08:27:02 pm »

Send all three archetypes into the dungeon together.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 08:28:15 pm »

Upon second thought, just send the warrior and the ranger in. Have the wizard use game-breaking exploits to get us loads of money.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 25, 2015, 09:44:38 pm »

Here's my proposal:

Harold, the sword and shield warrior.
He focuses on defense and taunting monsters.
Most of his recent work has been moving crates around at the docks. This work has made him strong and well suited for a life of adventure.

Francis, the suave sword and dagger warrior.
He is an agile fighter, and works best when flanking or backstabbing distracted enemies. He has spent some time recently as a perfectly legitimate locksmith. He identifies and disassembles traps as a hobby.

Samantha, the white wizard.
She is a novice, skipping out on her studies for a more exciting (and financially fulfilling) life. She focuses on protective and healing spells. She is worried about a certain horridly overweight and determined lesser noble seeking courtship.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2015, 09:59:53 pm »

Here's my proposal:

Most of his recent work has been moving crates around at the docks. This work has made him strong and well suited for a life of adventure.

Francis, the suave sword and dagger warrior.
He is an agile fighter, and works best when flanking or backstabbing distracted enemies. He has spent some time recently as a perfectly legitimate locksmith. He identifies and disassembles traps as a hobby.

She is a novice, skipping out on her studies for a more exciting (and financially fulfilling) life. She focuses on protective and healing spells. She is worried about a certain horridly overweight and determined lesser noble seeking courtship.

+1.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2015, 03:27:08 am »

Here's my proposal:

c, the suave sword and dagger warrior.

+1.
Updating please wait...

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2015, 03:56:31 am »

Here's my proposal:

c, the suave sword and dagger warrior.

+1.
Updating please wait...

Darn loading screens. Oh well, at least the gameplay looks pretty good. ;)

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2015, 03:57:54 am »

Okay, first post updated with new status. Should i wait for some changes or should i start the adventure? Also should they be careful (turn back on low health) of bashful (try to power through all the pain)?

Edit: too impatient... Staring NOW :D

Log
Closing to the place where dungeon adventurers passed a small village. The inn keeper informed them that they are not the first ones to go to the direction of "Bronze mountains". The party before them was composed of 4 inexperienced adventurers. One of them being dressed as a fool.

During last camp before the dungeon Francis scouted around and noticed giant ant scouts. It's quite probable that they made the dungeon as their lair.

Adventurers enter the dungeon:

First one is Harold, then Francis and finally Samantha.
Orange are enemies, blue interactables, green our characters.
â giant ant scout
ä giant ant worker
Combat log:

State:
Note: players are welcome to suggest actions. However i'll try to maintain a 1 turn per hour rate.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 05:54:08 am by Warmist »

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2015, 07:34:33 am »

OT: not sure how bad is that i post another reply in a row, but i would like to separate a new turn from the old one.

Log
Combat log:

State:
Also i'll update charsheets (first post). Done.
Next update after 1 hour.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2015, 07:42:57 am by Warmist »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4