Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: IE_LOCATION = IN_MAGMA  (Read 996 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
IE_LOCATION = IN_MAGMA
« on: July 28, 2015, 03:36:45 pm »

I stumble over a little problem. I'm testing a self-targetted suicide interaction atm, so that magma is deadly even without temperature on. Would help the accelerated mod to run without temperature, making it even faster, yet keeping deadly magma.

There is an interaction token http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/v0.34:Interaction_token saying IN_MAGMA, so the creature should only use it when it's in magma... but I can't get it to work.

Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MAGMA_TEST]
      [CDI:VERB:immolate:immolates:NA]
      [CDI:TARGET:A:SELF_ONLY]
      [CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:500]
      [CDI:FREE_ACTION]

Code: [Select]
[INTERACTION:MAGMA_TEST]
   [I_SOURCE:CREATURE_ACTION]
   [I_TARGET:A:CREATURE]
   [IT_LOCATION:CONTEXT_CREATURE]
   [I_EFFECT:ADD_SYNDROME]
[IE_TARGET:A]
   [IE_LOCATION:IN_MAGMA]
[IE_IMMEDIATE]
[IE_ARENA_NAME:magma]
[SYNDROME]
[CE_BLEEDING:SEV:1000:PROB:100:START:0:PEAK:75:END:1000]
[CE_PAIN:SEV:75:PROB:100:START:50:PEAK:500:END:10000]

Does anyone know what's wrong?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 03:47:06 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: IE_LOCATION = IN_MAGMA
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 03:39:57 pm »

Do interactions with IN_WATER work (never had any reason to use it)? If not, it could be a bug.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2015, 05:43:06 pm »

If I remember correctly there was an issue with units using an interaction when swimming/in magma. Is the problem that the unit is using it all the time, or not at all? If you manually take control of the creature in arena mode can you force the interaction? Can you create just 1/7 magma and try using it there? I haven't tested the IE_LOCATION tag since 0.34 so it is entirely possible that it is a bug.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 04:50:35 am »

They use them, I tested it with IN_WATER, but only about once in 2 ingame weeks. Most units just stand around in 1-3 deep water, dont do anything. Some run the self-targetted interaction, but more than half never used it. :/

So it does work, but the AI doesnt like to run it... for whatever reason.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 09:03:00 am »

Maybe it needs a certain depth? What happens if you add NO_MAGMA or NO_WATER? Do they ignite instantaneously?
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Roses

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 01:57:12 pm »

They use them, I tested it with IN_WATER, but only about once in 2 ingame weeks. Most units just stand around in 1-3 deep water, dont do anything. Some run the self-targetted interaction, but more than half never used it. :/

So it does work, but the AI doesnt like to run it... for whatever reason.

Hmm, very interesting. Sounds like someone needs to do some science about what causes the trigger.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2015, 11:45:18 am »

I thought we already knew about this? It effects interactions which use the [x:GREETING] too, pretty sure I read that creatures no longer use interactions at every opportunity. They do a dice roll or something to determine if they use an interaction or not. I recall someone having a problem with a mod that added diseases, because carriers no longer passed their diseases on to others, as they rarely infect others with an interaction.