Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: weird bug with killing berserk dwarves  (Read 22342 times)

CeaseofMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
weird bug with killing berserk dwarves
« on: July 01, 2015, 12:24:42 am »

Okay, this is the second time this has happened. Dwarf gets fey mood, fails fey mood, goes berserk.  I send milita in to deal with said dwarf.  Killing dwarf results in squad fighting amongst themselves and killing each other.  Is it possible that a loyalty cascade started?  I can upload a save file while it is happening to help resolve the issue if it helps

Quietust

• Bay Watcher
  • Does not suffer fools gladly
    • View Profile
    • QMT Productions
Re: weird bug with killing berserk dwarves
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 06:34:38 am »

Maybe you forgot to read the big notice at the top of the Bug Reports forum, but you aren't supposed to post bugs here anymore (as of about 5 years ago) - you're supposed to use the Bug Tracker (where I'm pretty sure this issue has already been reported multiple times).
P.S. If you don't get this note, let me know and I'll write you another.
It's amazing how dwarves can make a stack of bones completely waterproof and magmaproof.
It's amazing how they can make an entire floodgate out of the bones of 2 cats.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 09:14:35 am »

Posting in this board is also disabled for that reason - it looks like you moved this topic here from another board, which is not a good idea. Assuming there's a report of this on the bug tracker, it would be most helpful to upload your save to DFFD and link to it in a comment on that report.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

CeaseofMorality

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2015, 03:30:08 pm »

sorry :-[  I've played for a while, but this is the first time I've used the forum.  I've done what you said and put the bugged save up and noted it on mantis.

KingKaiser1989

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Rwarrr
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2015, 10:23:55 am »

I know this is in the wrong place, to begin with.. Fer' some reason I was not able to start a new thread, so I chose the newest post to reply on..

I'm on a Win Vista SP.2 and Starter Pack crashes, outta' the box, just takes a dump on me. I love the idea of DF, tried a few times without tilesets, found out there was tilesets, now I find out that just I can't have em!! Hallp!!!

P.S. It doesn't say anything special when it crashes, just that damn windows dialog "Df.exe has stopped working..."

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2015, 11:18:31 am »

Read the header at the top of this board - you are supposed to open reports on the bug tracker. In addition, you posted in a thread where someone else failed to notice that very header and it was pointed out twice.

Also, try disabling utilities like TwbT, DFHack, DT, etc. (roughly in that order) and see if that helps. The bug tracker should only be used for issues that occur in vanilla DF, since Toady can actually address those.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 12:09:56 pm by lethosor »
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.