Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Games with thunderous cannonfire?  (Read 8650 times)

GentlemanRaptor

• Bay Watcher
  • Got a present for ya!
    • View Profile
Re: Games with thunderous cannonfire?
« Reply #75 on: December 30, 2016, 10:43:13 am »

Since we're talking Warhammer, any ship with macro-cannons in Battlefleet Gothic: Armada qualifies. I never get tired of seeing a full broadside rip apart some pansy Eldar ship.
Amusingly, he's a Marksdwarf, which gives me the mental image of him conducting medical malpractice an appendectomy from fifty paces with a crossbow.
On bay12, a poll option of basically 'nuke the world' named 'Apocalypse Hitler' is like asking an alcoholic if they want some whiskey.

Kruniac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 10, 2017, 08:42:42 am »

Company of Heroes I would highly recommend especially for the British faction and their 25lb guns. You can always hear that subtle boom in the background of artillery firing and hear the shell whistling while coming close. The effects on the maps are great, you will make craters and blow up enemy troops to chunks. The best though was that the Captain commander unit can initiate the Victor Target ability which fires all available 25lb guns and mobile artillery to a targeted position, fucking glorious to dump 8 guns as a final fuck you to the enemy.

Company of Heroes 2 is planning to add the british back but I do not know if they will continue with the artillery support.

I second this. Company of Heroes will give you PTSD from the artillery and armor carnage. In especially large battles, with sufficient volume and surround sound, you get shell shocked really quickly.

I would also recommend Arma 3, though that's more of a realistic FPS milsim. There is a mod/map called Antistasi, where you play as poorly armed (and virtually unarmored) resistance fighters trying to liberate an entire island from a well equipped (read: armor/air support) enemy. You will die. You will be massacred with 40mm fully automatic grenade launchers. You will die to massive mortar strikes. You will be shot in the face by entire squads of mechanized infantry. Many boom.

Anvilfolk

• Bay Watcher
  • Love! <3
    • View Profile
    • Portuguese blacksmithing forum!
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2017, 10:04:40 am »

The game Airships' main cannon is fairly hefty, though I've found that dropping bombs gives me more of a feeling of "oomph" :) I hear there are mods for gigantic epic massive cannons too!

The game with the best, meatiest artillery sounds is a local MP game by the name of Moonshot. It has online MP but no one plays it. So, so good though.

Shogun 2 Total War: Fall of the Samurai artillery very, very satisfyingly tears formations apart too!

JWNoctis

• Bay Watcher
  • Definitely still alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 19, 2017, 01:17:24 am »

I..knew this is semi-necro, but I'd recommend a few Graviteam games if not already done, like GTOS and Mius Front - Both had a healthy amount of artillery in all varieties you can call in and place on field. Think of it as a 1:1 scale Man of War/CoH. Though they do have quite the learning slope and a good amount of quirks.

And their tank sims have guns that would almost feel as if they would strip your hair right off, especially ones featuring high-cold-war 105mm/115mm stuff.
[LANGUAGE_2:ENGLISH:HOPELESSLY_BROKEN]
Adept Lurker
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]