Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A nice little seed  (Read 2584 times)

ChaosFollowing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.chaosfollowing.com
Re: A nice little seed
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2007, 05:55:00 pm »

Happy to oblige...  :)

I've been busy the last week, so nice to know that people have found adamantine/etc. in my favourite little spot.

As I mentioned above, a 5x5 square with the volcano/magma in the bottom right corner will give you everything.

I found this one purely by chance...there's an internet-bill envelope sitting on my desk with the reference number 020717    035 on it.  :) I just took off the initial 0, and voila!

ChaosFollowing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2007, 05:47:00 pm »

Tested in version F.

Volcano, River, Chasm still there, all open to the sky. I assume Hell still lurks below.

Changes:
We now have mostly Sunstone clusters visible in the cliffs(haven't started digging yet), and RED SAND(woohoo!) scattered throughout the Forest biome, with a large ledge of it overlooking the Chasm.

Eiba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2007, 10:14:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by ChaosFollowing:
<STRONG>Tested in version F.

Volcano, River, Chasm still there, all open to the sky. I assume Hell still lurks below.

Changes:
We now have mostly Sunstone clusters visible in the cliffs(haven't started digging yet), and RED SAND(woohoo!) scattered throughout the Forest biome, with a large ledge of it overlooking the Chasm.</STRONG>

Confirmed: Hidden fun stuff remains in the exact same spot.

There is indeed red sand, but for some reason it isn't mentioned on the embarkation screen... Strange.

I saw at least one vein of hematite on an obsidian cliff face too (I would be surprised if there was any flux, but who cares- you can import it/use adamantine instead).

Your map only has to be 5 tall and 4 wide, with the magma in the bottom right tile to get the chasm.

This is just about the holy grail of start sites: everything in a 4x5 play area.

Unless you want exotic good/evil plants, or cave shrubs, this map is perfect.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2007, 10:20:00 pm »

Is the complete set of metals present?

I have a strange desire to get every kind of metal involved in the making of a suit of armour and a weapon..

We should be able to make crafts out of bismuth.  It is a little brittle, but if you can cast it, you should be able to make some stuff out of it.

Eiba

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2007, 10:51:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Devastator:
<STRONG>Is the complete set of metals present?

I have a strange desire to get every kind of metal involved in the making of a suit of armour and a weapon..</STRONG>

I doubt it. The only primary layers are Basalt, Obsidian, and Diorite.

I'm pretty sure there's copper, gold, and iron (though not in magnetite quantities), I think I saw tetrahedrite, which produces two billon bars per ore, and there is a normal amount of native aluminum.

So the ore situation isn't the greatest, but you've got plenty of adamantine, so it's not like you need the other stuff.

Interestingly, there are veins of cinibar- a bright red stone- which I'd never seen in the old versions, but I imagine such things are more common now. It's just cool because you can make bright red towers and such.

I didn't even check the gem situation, but there were lots just sticking out of the cliff face.

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2007, 11:04:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Eiba:
<STRONG>
Interestingly, there are veins of cinibar- a bright red stone- which I'd never seen in the old versions, but I imagine such things are more common now. It's just cool because you can make bright red towers and such.
</STRONG>

Blood Temples.

As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

ChaosFollowing

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2007, 04:07:00 am »

Done a little digging, can confirm first of all that there's still a thousand odd tons of clay & loam, though the majority is now at a lower height than before, closer to the river.

Haven't dug very deep yet, but have located copper, tetra-whatever, fire opals, jelly opals, cinnibar, aluminium, maybe a couple of others that I now forget.  There was a lot of gold and silver nuggets last version, so will be interesting to see if I come across those again.

Gavinfoxx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2007, 11:14:00 pm »

So what are the best non adamantine weapon/armor materials you can find here? Can you at least make Bronze? Iron?
Pages: 1 [2]