Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Anybody interested in a hard mode Gregtech Minecraft Server  (Read 7489 times)

Damiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Anybody interested in a hard mode Gregtech Minecraft Server
« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2015, 12:23:12 pm »

All videogames are literally just pointless grind.

There you go, that's fixed. The point being, it's a bit odd to say "You're wrong for enjoying your way of wasting time, the way I enjoy wasting my time is the good way.  It's a game, if people enjoy it, it's not bad. Perhaps it just doesn't have wide appeal.

I for one despise playing grindy games.  So I don't play them. I also don't say other people are wrong for enjoying them.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2015, 12:25:48 pm »

Uhh okay so we all know Gregtech is grindy. Yes, it fixes things and makes vanilla things more complicated. Yes, it pisses people off, and also gives purpose to those that aren't pissed. But that's not the reason why the thread is here, right?

Topic needs rerailing, guys.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2015, 01:47:45 pm »

I'm with new guy here, just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad. it's all really subjective. so, now that you 'stuck it to Greg' can we get the thread back on track?

bcg17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2015, 04:51:15 pm »

I'm with new guy here, just because you don't like something doesn't mean it's bad. it's all really subjective. so, now that you 'stuck it to Greg' can we get the thread back on track?

Yea the thread is getting a bit off topic. To help bring it back on track anybody have any questions about the server that I can answer for them?

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2015, 07:54:44 pm »

yeah, I have been waiting for a bit more info like;

how old/ progressed is the world? is it still relatively pristine or is it bustling with sprawling bases and advanced machines?

what is the group's playstyle? A communal village or individuals and small groups working independently?

is there an established economy?

who are the staff and what are their roles?

what time zone are people mostly on?

what is the difficulty set to? is mob griefing on? natural regeneration off? any additional game rules to take note of?

is the server whitelisted or can any one with the publicly listed IP join?

are there world borders?

what is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?

It's a shame the pack author opt'd for ExtrabiomesXL instead of Biomes-O-Plenty but, at least he had the good sense to include HarvestCraft

bcg17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 30, 2015, 10:41:58 pm »

To answer those for you:

How old/ progressed is the world? is it still relatively pristine or is it bustling with sprawling bases and advanced machines?
Its a few weeks old but we haven't had many players so a lot of the world is still undeveloped thought our farthest player just wen to the moon.

What is the group's playstyle? A communal village or individuals and small groups working independently?
We have 2 small groups and a few lone wolves.

Is there an established economy?
Not currently but in spawn there is a trade-o-mat selling industrial credits for MyTown so newer players can get them.

Who are the staff and what are their roles?
I am one of the Co-Owners. We also have Eyevoo who is the other Co-Owner but doesn't play, he just provides the server. Mt is the head admin and currently only the other staff member.

What time zone are people mostly on?
Usually on weekdays I am on from 17:00 to 22:00, MT is dutch so he covers earlier in the day when I am at work. One of our other very active members is in CST I belive and is on till 1:00.(all times are in EST)

What is the difficulty set to? is mob griefing on? natural regeneration off? any additional game rules to take note of?
Difficulty is on hard and Mob greifing is on so don't keep you pet creepers in your TNT stockpile.

Is the server whitelisted or can any one with the publicly listed IP join?
Server is open to the public so anyone can join.

Are there world borders?
Not yet but I eventually play to pregen a lot of the world and I might put a world border in then but it will be reasonable.

What is the average airspeed velocity of an unladen swallow?
What do you mean? An African or European swallow?

Edit: Another thing to note: The spawning of enderminys is disabled since they where spawning like crazy which was causing lag problems.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2015, 12:11:04 pm by bcg17 »

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2015, 05:15:47 pm »

African, obvs ;)

yeah, those were all the answers I wanted to hear. although, I would recommend whitelisting if your going to list the IP publicly.

griefers gonna grief. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

one more question; do you own the server hardware or are you leasing it from a hosting provider?

I'm going to try to drop in today for a bit, once I get caught up with work. hope to see you there!

bcg17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2015, 05:32:18 pm »

African, obvs ;)

Well there is unfortunately insufficient data to estimate the velocity of an African swallow (even if you specified which of the 47 species of swallow found in Africa you meant).

although, I would recommend whitelisting if your going to list the IP publicly.

We have MyTown for that exact reason. Plus I personally prefer public servers since I personally hate waiting to be whitelisted and i don't want to force that upon anybody. Also we take backups often so not much will be lost if we do have to roll back due to major server wide griefing.

one more question; do you own the server hardware or are you leasing it from a hosting provider?

Its the other Co-Owner, Eyevoo's server.

I'm going to try to drop in today for a bit, once I get caught up with work. hope to see you there!

Great cant wait to see you on!

evilnancyreagan

• Bay Watcher
  • not regular type
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 03, 2015, 03:17:30 pm »

hahaha oh man, what a crazy-awesome weekend  8)

gotta love that facetime in the meatspace

I'm going to try to make it on again today, put the tea on!

(casual bump™)

bcg17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2015, 12:53:55 pm »

Sorry if I missed you i haven't been playing much since MT (the guy I base with) is on vacation and I don't want to go forward without him. I try to get on once every few days though.

bcg17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2015, 02:33:27 pm »

You know, I've decided I'm going to give this a stab. No promises I'll stick with it, but a stab is what I'll give.

EDIT: scratch that, downloaded the pack and apparently pretty much every mod has incompatibilities with the server.

Are you using the recommended? Since it just updated and I don't think there would be another so soon but i will double check.

Edit: There's no update. Just to make sure, are you playing Infitech 2 v1.1.6.

OK never mind one of the guys informed me you got on for a bit.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2015, 08:04:53 pm by bcg17 »

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2015, 06:59:27 am »

am potentially interested if people are still playing

bcg17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2015, 01:11:30 pm »

am potentially interested if people are still playing

Yup we have players still playing, though I'm not sure if anybody from bay 12 has been playing since I haven't seen evilnancyregan in a while and greatorder hasn't been on since he first got on. I think the pack was too much for him.

bcg17

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 11, 2015, 01:38:54 pm »

I'll give it a shot later- tried joining just now, but I don't have the time to configure things.

Well that's weird. Did you connect all right since just after you left another on of our players was disconnected? I'm not sure if they have something to do with each other.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 01:40:50 pm by bcg17 »

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: August 11, 2015, 05:34:12 pm »

All videogames are literally just pointless grind.

There you go, that's fixed. The point being, it's a bit odd to say "You're wrong for enjoying your way of wasting time, the way I enjoy wasting my time is the good way.  It's a game, if people enjoy it, it's not bad. Perhaps it just doesn't have wide appeal.

I for one despise playing grindy games.  So I don't play them. I also don't say other people are wrong for enjoying them.
People can play what they like. Maybe if they stopped insulting me I'd be more friendly...

Sorry for the late reply, didn't see the thread.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.
Pages: 1 [2] 3