Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Masterwork Reborn, workflow and wooden planks.  (Read 1663 times)

Zeni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Masterwork Reborn, workflow and wooden planks.
« on: July 29, 2015, 01:40:02 am »

Hey guys, does anyone know how to automate plank production through workflow? (without using a "of any material" parameter) I have tried using "blocks" with the "Rough wood" as parameters, but I get the "cannot produce" message. Any ideas?

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Masterwork Reborn, workflow and wooden planks.
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 12:58:16 pm »

You need to also set the input material.  Select the produce planks job and hit alt-a.  Set the material to plant/rough wood/rough wooden.  Then workflow will know that it is producing rough wooden planks and it will work.

Zeni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 07:55:03 pm »

So you yourself have gotten it to work? Even with the mat selected, I have the same issue. does "blocks" still cover planks?

Zeni

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 01:58:27 am »

Got it to work! Thank you so much, this has unlocked so many opportunities for improvement!
 :D

arbarbonif

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 02:30:51 pm »

And yeah, planks are blocks.  But I'm usually producing stone, glass and wood blocks at the same time and want to set differing thresholds for each.  You can directly control wood and glass without a problem (since wood you can control input and glass has an already typed output), stone you have to either not limit (which is what I usually do) or constrain the input type to just produce granite blocks (or whatever) and then control that.  If you just do blocks of any material (or even any stone I believe) all the reactions will match.

Wheeljack

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes explosions for their BOOM
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 09:09:40 am »

Zeni, how did you manage to get it work? Even when I select that material (plant/rough wood/rough wooden) it still gives the same error, as it did with you at first. What did you change?

Edit: Herpa derp, I see. Select the workshop, then immediately select Alt+a. I was going into the workflow menu. This has been driving me nuts, thanks guys!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 09:11:40 am by Wheeljack »