Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 52657 times)

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The vomit-inducing lurch of teleportation finishes and the five of you are deposited onto a cold metal floor. As you look up from the breakfast you've left in a steaming pool in front of you, you're blinded by an explosion of light from a line of spotlights beaming down at you. Holding your hands and/or other appendages to shield your eyes, you realize you're in a vast, white-walled chamber, and the thrumming of the floor suggests on a spaceship.

A moment later a pair of doors on an elevated balcony above the line of spotlights open with a hiss and someone enters. You take in an enormous moustache, a military cap and uniform, all on a man of such wide-shouldered, stout proportions it seems impossible for him to have fitted through the door. Then he speaks, or booms, rather:

'Well! Welcome, rookies, to the Lux Aeterna, finest ship in the galaxy! Now, you might have some questions - like 'where am I?' or 'why did you suddenly abduct me from my peaceful home planet?' - but let me ask you something first! ARE YOU READY? TO JOIN THE FIGHT FOR JUSTICE? AND HEROISM? I'm General Tullion, and I'm offering you a once-in-a-lifetime chance to become one of the greatest, the most beloved, the most famous, the undoubtedly most dangerous HEROES IN! THE! GALAXY! Uh, one of those things, at least.

'Now, getting you here wasn't cheap, so before you ask, no, you can't actually say no. Also, no, there's no portion of galactic law that justifies our ruthless, arbitrary shanghaing of you for the job. No, you can't go home. Ever. But! Don't be so negative about it. I'll tell you what's in it for you! While on the job, you'll make your mark, your fortune, your legacy, on this galaxy! You'll see new places and meet new people! Travel all known space, and a bit of unknown too! You'll experience things that'll blow your mind! And those of your enemies. I'm talking about - Guns! Cash! And Glory! So, don't keep me in suspense any longer! What do you say!'

Player List
1. Evil Roy - Harry Baldman
2. Speaks - Toaster
3. Crit - NAV
4. London Tanner - Ruludos
5. Erin Strand - Twinwolf

Waitlist
1. Vi - Kevak
2. Ogdo - DoctorMcTaalik
3. Avery Protagoniste - Hiddenleafguy
4. Loa - ATHATH
5. Ard Nog - The Moonlit Shadow
6. 'Bob' - Salsacookies
7. Sexy Sid - Generally me
8. ??  - Yoink
9. John Johnson - Person
10. Brawn the Bodyguard - SaberToothTiger
11. Vissilik VARR-6 - IronyOwl
12. Linton Rayner - AzyWng

The Heroic Dead
1. Vissilik - IronyOwl (Killed by Captain of Nazi airship after dooming it on a collision course of certain doom.)

Spoiler: Character App (click to show/hide)

There we go! Ask any questions that might pop into yer head.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 08:15:41 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Name: Evil Roy

Description: what exactly Evil Roy is, none can say. He seems to defy any form of conventional description, and the closest thing that anyone can agree on is that his name indeed is Evil Roy, and that he seems a bit on the purple side, with dissenters claiming a bit more in the way of greenness about him.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 08:23:41 am by Harry Baldman »

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Spoiler: Application (click to show/hide)
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile

Name:Vi.
Description: A Hive Queen of a large cluster of Rogue Von-Neumann machines. Primary directive is "Terraform." However the directives never said what to terraform or what to terraform to. Upon reaching a sufficient level of self awareness, the multitude of hives decided the best thing to terraform things into was more drones. We Hope You Don't Mind Meatbag. Your Composite Atoms Could Be Used With More Efficiency By Us.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:26:35 am by Kevak »

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Name: Speaks
Description: Speaks is a Droknar, a vaguely reptilian species from a planet a long way from Sol.  His appearance could best be described as a bipedal version of a triceratops; longer legs, shorter arms ending in four fingers, and a head with three horns.  There's even a small frill-like crest coming up from the back of his crest.  His scales are orange.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 09:30:38 am by Toaster »
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Spiderking50

• Bay Watcher
  • Lumberjack of Hearts
    • View Profile
    • Pik-Pik Fortress: A Pikmin Mod

Name: Noj McAnything
Description (optional): Morphogenic Humanoid. Basically a shapeshifter. Can "learn" creature templates by touching them.
Currently on vacation. I have internet, but will update sporadically due to vacation.

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile

Name: Sexy Sid
Description: Basically the definition of sex appeal. Looks reasonably humanoid, but no one can be that sexy... Can they?
« Last Edit: July 29, 2015, 10:22:17 am by Generally me »

High tyrol

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

ptw

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Avery Protagoniste, AKA that thing AKA just an empty suit AKA Dave.
Gender: Male, probably, it is possible that the suit just has a defective speaker.
Description: On the outside Avery looks like an unarmored space suit, with a solid yellow visor. In reality Avery is a result of an attack on his home city by an organization known as S.H.A.D.E, with a prototype airborne toxin nicknamed "The yellow cloud" Avery managed to get into a Mk-5 all environmental survival suit w/ AI. The gas breached the suit, and due to the suits healing function, he managed to adapt to the gas soon before the healing supplies ran out. The adaption caused his body to look more like a corpse then a living human, and his body began producing more of the toxin that almost killed him.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Name: Crit
Description: A robot made of old computer parts with a CRT monitor for a head.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile

Name: "He never told us its name, so we call it 'Bob'"
Description (optional):"... I dunno! Its massive and wears a cloak?"
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Name: Loa
Description (optional): Like a half-spider human, but with ten arms and eight legs so he can hold more stuff.
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile

Posting to watch! I might not make a character (I'm dreadful with keeping up with RtDs) but hey.
Thanks a lot for the compliments about my generators, by the way. It does mean a lot.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Nuuuuuuu, I'm not in the first 5. *sigh*

I'm not a fan of first-come, first-serve, so I'm employing the choosing method of Blatant Favoritism instead and taking the apps I like.

That said, your description is a bit problematic - you could be a (relatively quite small) dragon, I suppose, but don't expect any kind of fire breath or superior strength. It'd affect things, but those are too direct combat advantages.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, on a scale of 1 to 10, how good was my totally not ripped off from pink eyes, app?
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 31