Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 52656 times)

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

London turns around and shouts towards Erin. "Brace yourself! I'm going in!"

She then turns back to her controls and the radio. "I'm clearing the way for you, comrades! Join me at the foremost hangar!"

Hover just outside of Fly into the hangar and blast everything with the sturmeagle's weapons. Only land if there are no more Nazis to get in the way.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 06:40:55 pm by Ruludos »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

She then turns back to her controls and the radio. "I'm clearing the way for you, comrades! Join me at the foremost hangar!"

Hover just outside of the hangar and blast everything with the sturmeagle's weapons. Only land if there are no more Nazis to get in the way.

It's a jet plane. It doesn't hover. You can still blast the hangar while going in for a landing, of course.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

((Sure. Let's go with that.))

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaks
((That was an interesting series of rolls.))

Quite fortuitous, really!  But perhaps I have overstayed my welcome and should remove myself from the premises.

Terrorport the biggest, nastiest looking Stormtrooper, then use the resulting chaos in their line to sneak out of here.

Speaks acts quickly. The Stormtroopers approach cautiously, aiming their weapons at the wrecked sphere, and he waits behind the wreck until they're in range. [3] Then he jumps out, brandishing the Terrorporter and looking for the biggest of the bunch to use it on. Unfortunately, his targeting gives the Nazis a chance to react. 1,4,6,4,2 Three of them fire, [Dodges:1/3/1] and an awful lot of laser fire smacks into Speaks. [Damage:4*2=8/4/2=2/4*2=8] Hurting bad, he pulls the trigger of the Terrorporter and hopes he's not about to die horribly.

The biggest Nazi takes the blast of energy that spits out of the weird antenna of the device and yelps, before disappearing with a pop of air. [1] He appears after a moment... rolling around on the floor in a fetal position, screaming and clawing at his eyes. He clutches the legs of his comrades for comfort, though it does not appear to help him much. What it does do is turn their attention fully on him, allowing Speaks to try sneaking away. The first test of the Terrorporter is a sure success.

[3] He's not quite as sneaky as one might hope, because he hears shouts as he slips away into one of the corridors leading away from the battery. It seems likely he will be pursued. Speaks comes to an intersection - at the end of the corridor, there's an open doorway to a large room filled with stacks of envelopes and packets, with the walls taken up by the entry hatches of enormous tubes. These tubes seem to go in every direction from this room, though he can't say where to. Above the doorway reads 'Pneumatic Mail Centre'. Whatever that means.

To the right, towards the bridge, the corridor continues with signs promising 'Labs', 'Medical', 'Storage #4-8'. To the left, 'Crew Quarters' and 'Re-Education & Training'. A few startled crew members in the corridor stare at him with wide eyes.

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)

Evil Roy and Crit
Evil Roy pats the elevator attendant on the head with his fabulous gauntlet, then pushes the button for the laboratory level. Considering the rest of his companions were likely on their way, the lower levels were clearly not a safe place to be anymore.
Crit hums some elevator music.

In the elevator, Evil Roy grabs the poor attendant's head with his Glove and sets them on a course for the lab. [6] While the attendant screams and writhes in his grip and Crit hums infernal elevator music, Evil Roy listens to the whispering of the demon mouths and to his surprise, actually seems to understand something. He gets a few insignificant glimpses into the attendant's life - an idyllic childhood in Bavaria, a sadistic adulthood as a truebred Nazi - and a rather more interesting, apprehension-filled image of the lab up ahead and a thin, pale-faced Nazi doktor in charge of the place. Evil Roy gets a sense of... shadows... and hunger. Humm.

The elevator arrives at the laboratory level and the two Heroes step out, leaving the body of the attendant to collapse and sag against the wall. To the right appears to be the entrance to a large, multi-level lab space. Some of the devices on display are strange and unrecognizable to them, while, for some reason, a line of searchlights wait on the upper level of the lab, pointing towards the doors. To the left, there appear to be more, smaller labs, occupied by working Nazi scientists.

---
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Erin and London

Hover just outside of Fly into the hangar and blast everything with the sturmeagle's weapons. Only land if there are no more Nazis to get in the way.
Be ready on the sub-weapons systems if they exist.

London's calling, and the Soviet channel erupts in cheers and whoops. She locks one of the hangars in her sights and comes around on an approach course. Behind her, Erin [4] flicks switches and pokes at gauges. There's no instruction manual, but London vaguely remembers what she did when she fired her rockets earlier, and together, they open up with everything the sturmeagle's got.

[5] Though London wasted a good amount of her rockets earlier, there's still plenty to go around. They strike out with whip-like cracks and streak through the air into the depths of the unexpecting hangar. Explosions follow, but London doesn't let up, unloading more and more rockets into the space even as the plane comes nearer and nearer. When she runs out, she finds the controls of a snug little autocannon below the beak and begins hammering what remains. The hangar approaches with alarming speed, though she does all she can to slow them to landing speed and lower the wheels.

[3] She gets no points for landing. The sturmeagle roars down and lands heavily on a runway now covered by rubble from her missiles. The plane wobbles and shakes as it drags along towards the end of the hangar. London sees the back wall approach and does everything she can to slow them down - and half-way there, the wheels hit a pile of debris on the runway and tear right off, crashing the sturmeagle onto the ground and sending it spinning across the surface of the hangar. A shower of sparks rains down on the pilot's cockpit and the ornate beak of the aircraft is worn by repeated impacts into an unrecognizable mess of metal.

Then the plane drags to a halt. A little dazed, London looks around and climbs out. The hangar is a mess of burning aircraft and rubble, the walls collapsed in at several points where her rockets have got direct hits. Bodies lay around, as do wounded or stunned crewmen, some stumbling around in shock. Erin follows her fellow Hero after a moment, feeling like throwing up again from the rough landing.

The sturmeagle doesn't look that badly damaged. She might fly again. Worth taking it home with her, perhaps, but right now it's not very useful. London pats the side of the jet plane fondly.

This hangar bay was quite close to the bridge. Doors and stairs lead out from here, and it should not be too difficult to find the place. Right now, though, she has other things to deal with first - she begins to hear the sound of jetpacks, and after a moment soldiers appear at the hangar doors. They are no Nazis - tired-eyed, hard-looking men and women in clothes and hats emblazoned with red stars, strapped to enormous rockets they begin to discard onto the hangar floor. London sees others fly past the hangar for other targets.

One of the Jetpack Soviets approaches London, a bearded giant with a smile and a faintly reddish nose. His fur hat seems slightly more impressive than the others'. 'Ah, comrade!' he exclaims. 'Time to shoot some Fascists, da?'

---
Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Erin Strand (click to show/hide)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Medical, certainly.  Push in and try to patch myself up.

If I am obstructed, Tooth Gun.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Sneak around the smaller lab and the Nazi scientists. Look for either the head scientist or some experiments that could be helpful to our cause. If spotted pretend to be an experiment and display important looking data on my screen.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 02:52:01 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Erin stands back a bit so that the Russians can't quite see her armor, but is ready to go at any time, Mnemonic Autocannon ready.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Da, fellow comrade!" London bellows gleefully. "It's time we end this monster, once and for all!"

Boldly lead the way towards the bridge! Also, ask the Soviets if they have a spare hat.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Speaks
Medical, certainly.  Push in and try to patch myself up.

If I am obstructed, Tooth Gun.

Speaks heads Medical-wards up the corridor. He quickly realizes it's not just around the corner, new corridors with new pointing signs leading him onwards. [4] He hears pursuers and picks up his pace - the way back is presumably blocked by troopers now, if he should want to return. Fortunately, he manages to avoid any guards ahead of him, though some crewmen see him and rush off in horror. The saurian also leaves a trail of blood from his many wounds.

The Medical section seems to be an entire hospital level, and Speaks barges in looking for something to patch himself up with. [2] There's a Nazi lady at the front desk accompanied by a surly-looking guard. His eyes go wide at the sight of Speaks, but [2][5] the alien is faster to act, snapping off a barrage of teeth with his Tooth Gun. [Dodge:2] [Damage:3] He cries out in pain, sharp yellowish incisors punching into his flesh. [4] [Dodge:6] Speaks fires again, but the man rolls clear and the shots hit the glass of the front desk instead. [3] The guard goes for a counter-attack with the baton on his belt, [Dodge:3] [Damage:2/2=1] gaining a glancing blow on Speaks' injured side.

[3] Speaks fires again, cursing these agile humans, [Dodge:2] and scores a solid hit that [Damage:3] punches through into the man's heart. The receptionist Nazi begins screaming. She appears to have fired some kind of alarm.

Speaks instead to waste no time. He rushes in past the front desk and finds himself in a maze of hospital rooms and corridors. [4] He picks the first room he finds - a storage full of basic emergency supplies - and barges in, gorging himself on the first aid materials. After binding his most grievous wounds, he grabs what he can to carry.

Speaks: +10 HP

Speaks glances outside. There are directions to 'Surgery', 'Recovery Ward', 'Morgue', and, oh... 'Dentistry'. Orderlies and nurses rush about, some pushing wounded soldiers. There are likely angry guards on the way.

---

Crit and Evil Roy
Sneak around the smaller lab and the Nazi scientists. Look for either the head scientist or some experiments that could be helpful to our cause. If spotted pretend to be an experiment and display important looking data on my screen.

With Evil Roy guarding the elevator, Crit sneaks off towards the smaller labs with as much stealth and cunning he can muster. [2] A damaged metal machine marching is not the stealthiest creature, and eyes turn to him as soon as he enters the room. Fortunately, Crit is as quick-thinking as ever. [6] He immediately puts a wealth of data and Nazi insignia on his screen and beeps happily while looking over the lab. This appears to be for chemistry of some kind, though there is no experiment going on. Perhaps because the ship has been attacked - what lousy scientists.

One of the science persons approaches with a frown. 'Ve are building robots, now, hmm? Vat an ugly little thing,' he says.

'Perhaps it is damaged?' another suggests.

'Then stop wasting my time and send it for repairs, dummkopf! Schnell!'

The other scientist swallows and begins prodding Crit outside. He seems to want Crit to go deeper into the labs for these repairs. Perhaps he could be interrogated for information, once out of sight of the others. Evil Roy presumably remains nearby. There are sounds like distant explosions, sometimes accompanied by the ship shaking.

---

London and Erin
"Da, fellow comrade!" London bellows gleefully. "It's time we end this monster, once and for all!"

Boldly lead the way towards the bridge! Also, ask the Soviets if they have a spare hat.
Erin stands back a bit so that the Russians can't quite see her armor, but is ready to go at any time, Mnemonic Autocannon ready.

Erin wisely stays back so their new comrades are not too disgusted, while London takes the lead. Her request for a fur hat is fulfilled. It is thick and warm and adorned with a red star - perfect. It gets cold up this high, after all. The group of Soviets, leaving a team to guard their discarded jetpacks, follows London into the bowels of the ship, looking with approval around them at the signs of carnage and destruction she's left behind.

[2] It quickly becomes clear the Soviets have no intention of using either stealth nor speed. They roar and sing as they go, firing at every Nazi symbol they see and attacking every crewman and soldier that appears in their way. The group begins to dwindle quickly, despite London's best efforts. Her comrades rush off, chasing Nazis, until only a handful remain with her and Erin. The latter's frightful appearance also seems to scare away some of their new allies. [3] There doesn't appear to be a straight way to the bridge - the ship is entering some kind of lockdown. Undaunted, London crams herself and her companions into an elevator and heads for the laboratory level.

She comes out before big, impressive doors to some kind of big lab. Evil Roy stands nearby! And is that Crit down the corridor? The team is almost together again.

---
Spoiler: Comrades (click to show/hide)

---
Sorry for skipping you, HB, I didn't realize you hadn't posted when I started and wanted to get this out of the way now.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile

Evil Roy slinks after Crit as invisibly as possible.

If the limit of possibility is "highly visibly" and someone seems to react, however, he starts unloading psychoactive crossbow bolts into Nazis, starting with the best-armed one in sight.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Dentistry... nope, can't resist.  Go search it for teeth!  Then see if there's a vent duct or similar access panel to get out of this place not via the front door.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile

Go with Mr. Dunnkopf still pretending to be a defective experiment. Maybe I'll get some free healing. Still if I get a good chance then BACKSTABU!!!
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Stay close, friends. There's no tellin' what these evil scientists have locked up down here."

Keep hunting for a path to the bridge! Keep an eye out for anything detailed in those logs from the other ship, as well.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile

Keep following London.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Evil Roy and Crit
Go with Mr. Dunnkopf still pretending to be a defective experiment. Maybe I'll get some free healing. Still if I get a good chance then BACKSTABU!!!
Evil Roy slinks after Crit as invisibly as possible.

If the limit of possibility is "highly visibly" and someone seems to react, however, he starts unloading psychoactive crossbow bolts into Nazis, starting with the best-armed one in sight.

[5] The young doctor sighs and leads Crit away by the hand. The robot doesn't resist. Free repairs by unsuspecting Nazi fools is just beyond the corner. [3] Evil Roy makes to follow, but, perhaps alarmed by the sounds of combat from elsewhere on the ship, the scientists in the first room barge out into the hallway after a moment and stumble right into him. He loses sight of his robot buddy and, resigning himself to his fate, opens up with the Reaver. [6] Psychotic bolts shoot out into the mass of surprised scientists and soon reduce them into a mass of screaming, writhing scientists. Some die quickly - others, not so much. Evil Roy gets quite caught up in the slaughter, unloading more bolts into the poor Nazis than is perhaps proper. Some of the Soviets nearby cheer for him, then quiet down, a little disturbed.

Meanwhile, the sole surviving scientist has delivered Crit through the hallways and labs to an engineering chamber with hissing torches and a wide array of tools being operated by alarmed scientists and laborers. [6] Despite the general alarm-state onboard the ship, and despite not recognizing Crit as anything they've ever made, the engineers are happy enough to start repairing him. The little robot is caught in a frenzy of working, as entire parts of him are replaced and new plates of shiny metal fastened on top of the damaged parts. He's so pleased he does not notice one of the men approach with a crate of Nazi insignia in his hands, and before he can do anything, Crit has been hammered full of swastikas, totenkopfs, reichseagles, and, worst of all, pictures of the Führer. As a final touch, two enormous black pauldrons shaped like eagle heads are placed on his shoulders, from which trail huge Nazi flags that ripple as he moves.

The engineers settle back, looking very pleased with themselves. It seems Crit has been thoroughly Nazified, but at least he is again fully operational.

---

Speaks
Dentistry... nope, can't resist.  Go search it for teeth!  Then see if there's a vent duct or similar access panel to get out of this place not via the front door.

[4] Speaks sneaks into the Dentistry section with as much speed and stealth he can muster. He has to pass a bunch of waiting patients on his way; hopefully they'll be assumed to be hallucinating. After a few doors leading to empty dentist's operating rooms, he finally hits jackpot. [4] Unfortunately, it's not much of a prize. There are teeth everywhere in boxes and labeled containers; small teeth, big teeth, molars, incisors, wisdom teeth, rotten teeth, all kinds - only they are all human. Speaks searches the room, picking up anything that deviates from the norm.

In the end, he has a few fragile, yet damned sharp teeth, quite rotten, which might splinter nicely on impact, and a jar entirely full of diamond teeth. Who on earth could need so many diamond teeth? Shrugging, he takes them and looks out. [2] Guards fill the hallway outside, growling and scowling at nurses and ordelries and clearly hunting for him. There's an entrance point to one of those round tubes nearby. The main door waits at the end of the hallway, too. Either way, he'll need to deal with the guards somehow.

---

London and Erin
"Stay close, friends. There's no tellin' what these evil scientists have locked up down here."

Keep hunting for a path to the bridge! Keep an eye out for anything detailed in those logs from the other ship, as well.
Keep following London.

Figuring out that the main lab is the straightest way to get to the bridge, Erin and London push through the doors with their crack team of Soviet commandoes.

They enter a large, utilitarian space of strange machines and lab stations. Stairs lead to a second level overlooking the first, and on that level are a line of searchlights, a line of stormtroopers, and one thin, immacutely neat man in a full-body hazmat suit with a heavy, mechanical backpack that seems to be built around a large glass tube with several pipes leading out of it. Something... dark moves inside the tube.

The man sees them at once. A very dry smile spreads across his lips and he steps forward, spreading his hands.

'Ah, very gut of you to join us at last, strange invaders. I haff been waiting for you... Lights!'

And at that call, every light in the room goes out, plunging them in near-absolute darkness.

SKY NAZIS MINIBOSS

Arena: [Quantum Mechanical].
Boss: [Incapacitating], [Shadow].

---
Spoiler: Opponents (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Comrades (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2015, 02:11:13 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 31