Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31

Author Topic: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]  (Read 52652 times)

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Inter-Mission]
« Reply #435 on: January 17, 2016, 07:50:43 pm »

Erin waits for the others to go first. Wouldn't do to miss some important question someone thought of because she was overeager.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 17, 2016, 08:07:58 pm »

((Surgery. PM me if you want gross details.

Boot camp going alright?))
« Last Edit: January 17, 2016, 08:12:29 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 18, 2016, 08:03:44 am »

Evil Roy has no real questions. Seems like a very straightforward mission.

Wait, no. He does have one question - are there more people who look like this fellow we need to dispense justice to on-site? That is to say fat, blue, white-spotted and with eyes like iridescent opals? Evil Roy assumes that this time it is unlikely that the people that need killing will have convenient snappy uniforms to help with identification.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 18, 2016, 10:33:55 am »

"Good lady Lux, do we have a photograph of this killer-for-hire Eclipse?  It would be most advantageous if we knew of his appearance before traipsing halfway across the galaxy for this perfidious individual who must be... pacified."

Ask.  Regardless of answer, let's pick up one more Protection and one Personal Vehicle.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 23, 2016, 03:46:02 am »

Evil Roy
Evil Roy has no real questions. Seems like a very straightforward mission.

Wait, no. He does have one question - are there more people who look like this fellow we need to dispense justice to on-site? That is to say fat, blue, white-spotted and with eyes like iridescent opals? Evil Roy assumes that this time it is unlikely that the people that need killing will have convenient snappy uniforms to help with identification.

Lux ponders this for a moment. 'Well, I suppose it's possible! Just not very probable. Mr Authomec's species, the Qubai, are quite common 'round these parts, but you're unlikely to find another one who looks exactly like him! That said, the Justice Corps won't mind a few mistakes and accidents here and there if you get your guy in the end!'

---
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Evil Roy's Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Speaks
"Good lady Lux, do we have a photograph of this killer-for-hire Eclipse?  It would be most advantageous if we knew of his appearance before traipsing halfway across the galaxy for this perfidious individual who must be... pacified."

Ask.  Regardless of answer, let's pick up one more Protection and one Personal Vehicle.

'I wish we did! The old man's pretty secretive. Deals with clients with holo-disguises and armor. Maybe he's really ugly! We do have a picture of his mask, though.'

As she says it, the screen blinks to show a smooth, black mask with a stylized eclipse, a black circle on white. The rest of the figure in the picture is indistinct and blurry, distorted. Damn.

Satisfied or not, Speaks heads to the Transport Hall for a Personal Vehicle of his own. It's nice to have some wheels, or such, under you. The machine swallows up his Token and begins to hum. [3 - Three Effects] Multicolor lightning crackles across the machine's surface. [Samurai] [Wood] [Short-Range] There's a dramatic gong and flash of light and...

...a set of beautifully crafted wood-and-cloth wings fall to the ground. Intricate rope-and-wheel mechanisms move on their own accord between the two wings, causing them to beat slowly against the floor. Speaks checks out the description.

Spoiler: Wings of the Sky Ronin (click to show/hide)

Hmm. Next up, Protection. Speaks heads into the other Hall for some regular Fabrications. There seem to be some shenanigans going on there already, but it's a big place. Speaks heads to the console and plops in his second-to-last Token. [3 - Other Type] Out pops [2 - Two Effects] [Lizard] [Transformative] a tiny reptilian creature, green with black spots and big bulbous eyes, that falls down and skitters around before leaping up to Speaks and crawling up his skin. Its passage across his body tickles, but eventually it settles around his neck and seems to go to sleep.

Spoiler: Plascale Symbiote (click to show/hide)

Huh. The lizard snores softly, its little stomach puffing up and settling down peacefully in a steady rhythm.

---
Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Speaks' Vehicles (click to show/hide)

Crit
Crit posts This image on his screen, plays This song, and starts dancing.

Crit responds to being accosted by an ancient haunted suit of armor by undergoing a catastrophic malfunction. The robot's dance protocol kicks in and he lets loose with his best moves in the face of the approaching Emperor.

[6] And, as the robot comes to his senses after a thorough reboot, he finds that he has not, in fact, been smashed to pieces or anything of the sort. He ceases his dancing and finds the big, possessed armor looming over him in silence. It continues staring for a good long while. In fact, Crit is beginning to think it might have been... depossessed while he was out when the big old thing speaks.

'YOU ARE A STRANGE CREATURE. WHAT IS THIS PLACE? THESE ARE NOT MY SILENT HALLS. WHY HAVE I BEEN SUMMONED HERE?' it booms, utterly still. Purple light comes softly from the face-mask's eyeholes.

---
Spoiler: Crit (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crit's Vehicles (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 03:47:48 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 23, 2016, 03:58:29 pm »

Crit shrugs and points at the fabricator machine, points to the random armour button. Then hands the piece of paper describing the armour to the armour. Crit's screen glows purple sympathetically.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 06:04:22 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: January 24, 2016, 03:52:20 am »

Evil Roy quivers with readiness.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: January 24, 2016, 08:13:42 am »

Crit
Crit shrugs and points at the fabricator machine, points to the random armour button. Then hands the piece of paper describing the armour to the armour. Crit's screen glows purple sympathetically.

The robot gives his best explanation by pointing at the Fabricator, the Random Protection button and the description on the screen. To his credit, the animated suit of armor seems to grasp the matter fairly quickly.

[6] 'SO I AM REDUCED TO NOTHING MORE THAN A... A COMMODITY. TIME MUST HAVE CLAIMED MY EMPIRE,' the suit thunders. It is silent for quite a while. 'NO. IT IS NOT SO. IT CANNOT BE SO. AS LONG AS I REMAIN, SO OUR LEGACY LIVES ON. AND SO I MUST REMAIN.'

The purplish glow fades slightly. The armor seems less terrifying, somehow.

'CREATURE. HAVE NO FEAR OF ME. THIS ARMOR WILL SERVE YOU AS IT SERVES ME. I MUST THINK ON THINGS.'

With that, the glow winks out completely - but Crit thinks he can still register a presence of sorts, faint and withdrawn, in the armor. He uses the chance to read the full text of the description.

---
Spoiler: Crit's Vehicles (click to show/hide)

All

With everyone more or less ready, our Heroes gather in the Teleportation Deck again. Lux chirps in while the teleportation sequence begins to count down.

'So! We're zapping you down at the place your target was last spotted. Some kind of club or other entertainment-slash-intoxication habitat. You should arrive at around the right place - you know how funny teleportation physics can be! Now, are you ready? Four, three, twoonezerogogogog-'

The rest of her is drowned out by a distorted howl as time and space is once more torn apart and the five Heroes chucked to the other end of the galaxy in a combination of a blink and an eternity. Nausea wells up again, even, strangely enough, in the robot. Reality warps and shakes and...

[6] ...then our Heroes land in an embarassing tangle on hard concrete ground. There are a few screams and yelps from around them, but at the same time an overwhelming assault descends on their senses - the stink of fuel, of electricity, rising, warm, industrial heat, the snap of biting-cold air and the faint fall of snow, the whip-like cracks of high-speed speeders and aircars flashing past, the voices of many, alien tongues, of blaring adverts and slow, melancholy music that seems to emanate from speakers scattered in every direction; the background hum and thunder of a billion distant noises.

Looking up, they see endless lights, blue and glittering like stars, illuminating behemoths of buildings rising everywhere they look. Elaborate, ornamented edifices with grand balconies and sweeping arches compete with stark glass-and-steel giants in what seems like an uncoordinated mess of city planning. The sea of light below nearly drowns out the dark night sky above. The city continues in a varied urban sprawl wherever they look, growing both vertically and horizontally - some of the larger buildings look big enough to house endless thousands and cast long, deep shadows.

In their more immediate surroundings, though, our Heroes note a few scattered people of various races on the street, staring at them in surprise (and some in disgust when the nausea overtakes some). To their right, Lux's promised club - a ritzy, proud little establishment announcing its alien name in neon letters - stands dark and closed. One of the windows looks to be covered in cardboard. To the left, the street abruptly ends in a long, long fall to the surface level of the city, offering a beautiful view of the bright urban landscape. A large building, almost temple-like with its marble and a green stone dome, stands across the gap.

For once, there is no immediate danger - but they might be in a race against time.

---
Spoiler: Evil Roy (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Speaks (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Erin Strand (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: London Tanner (click to show/hide)

---
The rolls today - 666. PROMISING.

If you wanted to bring vehicles with you, say now and they will be retconned in. With my limited time I thought it best to move us along right away. They might prove useful on this particular mission, or then not.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2016, 08:16:21 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
Re: Guns, Cash, and Glory: A Random-Generated Scifi Rampage [Mission II!]
« Reply #443 on: January 24, 2016, 07:33:10 pm »

Crit wonders if the armour adequately hides his nazi vandalisms. And how the helmet is supposed to fit over a CRT monitor, and if his screen is still visible. Maybe it's best not to worry about such things though. Anyway, he's very grateful for the armour's friendship.

Seeing no one else take charge, he tugs on London's sleeve and heads for the nightclub.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: January 25, 2016, 10:41:12 am »

London is snapped out of her teleportation-induced disorientation by Crit's tugging.

"Good idea, little guy. I just hope we landed next to tha right club..."

Enter the club. Try to avoid attracting attention, as futile as it might be.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: January 25, 2016, 10:44:04 am »

Erin follows London.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: January 25, 2016, 10:47:59 am »

Evil Roy seeks a nearby unattended vehicle, and checks if it would be possible to add his two enormous guns to it.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: January 25, 2016, 10:51:33 am »

Speaks follows along.

Yes, he wants his vehicle.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: February 03, 2016, 11:15:25 am »

Sorry for the lack of update last weekend - our wifi was down with perfect timing. This weekend will contain update, XCOM2 permitting.

Currently feverish in the army. Fun.

Ruludos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: February 04, 2016, 10:21:57 am »

I don't think anyone is going to blame you, Hellhound. Gods know that it must be hellish trying to do anything else while going through army training.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31