Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: (SG) Spirit Journey  (Read 1706 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
(SG) Spirit Journey
« on: July 29, 2015, 08:13:12 am »

When one comes of age, he or she undertakes a spirit journey, a task or trial that proves his worth to the clan. For some, this is a metaphorical and philosophical endeavor; they seek peace through meditation, often doing so for days on end. For others, this is a great hunt, typically against a powerful, dangerous and renowned beast; they are the greatest warriors ever heard of. For you, this is a test of magic.

You are one of the gifted among the clans who retain enough Old Blood to do magic. The Old Blood is diluted now, intermingled with the blood of the elf Outlanders; the advanced, civilized culture who brought 'guns' and 'science' to the Old Land. The clans, descendants of the Original People, are mixed-breeds of human and elf. They are the middle ground between the technologically superior elves, and the brutal human warlocks.

All those of the Original People could do devastating magic, and were crude and uncivilized. They launched hundreds of years of war against the Outlanders, but in the end, the elves prevailed. Those who surrendered were inducted into society, and the clans were given reservations to live out their lives. Elven blood has diluted the unstable, magical Old Blood, but not in you.

Tonight, on the night of the full moon, you will leave your village for the first time in eighteen years, and begin to hone your magic. How, the elders do not say, but promise that fate will guide you on the right path.

Clans:

(Among the many, branched-out clans are the three Old ones, the ones with the most Old Blood in them.)

Clan Fadeleaf:
Steeped in the ancient elven religion of druidism, the Fadeleafs are the most attuned to the wilderness of the Old Land. They seem not to be able to contract disease, nor will snake or spider venom harm them. They will not eat the meat of animals, whom they regard sacred, but resort to yearly cannibalism, as the Outlander elves do. The famed Druids of Clan Fadeleaf are masters of nature, life and death, and, as some say, able to converse with beasts.

Clan Outreach:
Peculiarly, those sorcerers of Clan Outreach have a particular affinity for the arcane technology that the elves brought. They have the most elven blood, and it can be clearly seen in their beautiful, eldritch features. They have a vast, innate knowledge of technology, and can create peculiar machines called Golems. The renowned Technogicians of Clan Outreach have undoubted command of magitek, mastery over Golems, and the ability to speak with machines.

Clan Bloodhook:
Those vicious warriors of Clan Bloodhook are the fiercest in the Elven Military. Bloodhook can boast the most Old Blood of the three main Clans, and are proud of their ancestry to the Original People. They refuse advanced technology, relying on spears and rocks, dwelling in caves, and practicing Blood Magic. The feared Warlocks of Clan Bloodhook are diviners, sorcerers and alchemists, dabbling in the secrets of the Old Land, and reaping the benefits. They say warlocks can speak to the dead and the damned....
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Re: (SG) Spirit Journey
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 08:13:37 am »

Reserved, if I ever need it.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2015, 08:18:45 am »

Bloodhook.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2015, 08:31:11 am »

Outreach

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2015, 08:45:26 am »

Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2015, 09:00:26 am »

Fadeleaf. "Power over life and death" sounds like healing magic and necromancy. For those who don't know, necromancy just so happens to be bestmancy.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2015, 09:02:15 am »

For those who don't know, necromancy just so happens to be bestmancy.
The feared Warlocks of Clan Bloodhook are diviners, sorcerers and alchemists, dabbling in the secrets of the Old Land, and reaping the benefits. They say warlocks can speak to the dead and the damned....
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

Andres

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2015, 09:14:08 am »

That sounds more like demons and spirits to me, to be honest. Besides, all they can do is speak to the dead while we have power over the dead.
All fanfics are heresy, each and every one, especially the shipping ones. Those are by far the worst.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2015, 09:31:36 am »

Outreach.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2015, 10:13:09 am »

Cheese, which one can necromancy? I vote that one.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 10:16:48 am »

Probably the druids of lore.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2015, 10:17:25 am »

outreach

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2015, 11:42:49 pm »

Cheese, which one can necromancy? I vote that one.

No necro, sorry. Not in the raising-zombies-sense, anyway. I've already got a game like that running :P
Dying of laughter?

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 08:19:54 am »

*Blue Smiley is you. Blue female sign is your Rusty Golem.

You take in a last look of the borders of Outreach Valley. You feel comforted by the elven trees; cloned from samples brought from the Outland. They act as a natural, living building material, also providing light and food for the elves and for Clan Outreach. Here, in the outskirts of your village, are the last two buildings: Cog's Classic Shop of Tech, and Elder Elm's cottage.

The road branching to the East leads directly to the nearest town; an elven one. Normally, halfbreeds aren't allowed in elf towns, but Clan Outreach is an exception. Bloodhook raiders are rumored to prowl the road, apparently outraged at the elves for some slight.

The road directly to the South is a longer, winding path, taking much longer than the eastern road, but generally free of Bloodhook bandits.

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Party (click to show/hide)
Dying of laughter?

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 08:48:44 am »

Screw caution and go through the east road, knowing that the rumors of no bloodhook bandits on the mountains are just spread by the bloodhooks themselves!!!
Pages: [1] 2