Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24

Author Topic: [FEF] - Horrendous Horrible Hurricane IC ~Prologue - Crossing the Border~  (Read 15443 times)

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile

~~~Rules~~~
I doubt these are necessary for most of us, but just in case.

Commandment #1
Post thy OOC stuff in thine OOC thread, including thine questions and discussions.

Commandment #2
"Colored text is for usage when thine PCs are speaking."
Italics are for thine PC's inner thoughts.
Thou must use normal text for descriptions or thine fluff.
Bold text is for, and only for, thy actions.

Commandment #3
Outside of battle, thine post order is thusly: Players -> GM when necessary -> Players...
Inside of battle, this is how thou must proceed: Player/s -> GM -> Player/s... End of Player Phase -> GM posts Enemy Phase -> GM posts for allies -> Turn End -> Repeat until map is cleared.

Commandment #4
Thou MUST NOT post unless thine GM mention thee or thy character. Thee will be notified by bold text 'neath a GM's post if thou are allowed.

~~Table of Contents~~
As of yet, completely, and utterly, useless. Except for this well-worn joke, of course.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 07:12:58 am by UXLZ »
Ahhh~ She looked into your eyes,
And saw what laid beneath,
Don't try to save yourself,
The circle is complete.

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
Re: [FEF] - Horrendous Horrible Hurricane IC
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 04:31:43 am »

Prologue: Crossing the Border, What Could Possibly Go Wrong?

So here you are. You've made your way to Vathatan, to the outskirts of its capital city, and there you've found a place called Briarwood Manor. It's not as impressive as one would expect. After all, the price offered for the work you have come here for is set quite high. Very large, but it doesn't look exceedingly luxurious. A few servants tend to the scraggly gardens outside. Working overtime, you'd think, and a small mustachio'd man ushers you inside. You're seated at a large table in a spacious, candle-lit dining hall. An expansive - if basic looking - feast looms before you. A few maids and a butler scurry in and out of the room, adjusting dishes and refilling glasses. And there, at the head of the table, sits someone who seems to be the lady of the house, more impressive looking than the manor itself. A regal man solemnly flanks her.

"..."

It doesn't look like he wants to talk.

There, you are told to wait. Boring moments pass as you idly look over the food, glimpsing up at the paintings that lined the wall. They seemed fairly new, like the place had gone through a recent makeover.
Eventually, the lady, who has thus far remained silent, taps her hands together, finally beginning to speak. From her voice you'd guess she's quite young, maybe even only seventeen.

"Now, I am quite sure you have all had time to acquaint yourselves with the menu, so I believe formal introductions are in order. As the host, I will start first."

She pauses momentarily.

"As you no doubt have guessed by now, I am your employer. My name is, let us say, thus far unnecessary for you to know. The man behind me looking ever so grumpy is Sebastian, my personal attendant. Say hello to the nice mercenaries, Sebastian."

You almost think you can see a small sigh escape his lips before he thinks otherwise, responding

"Yes, milady. Hello."

With that, he remains silent, seemingly having no intentions of speaking further.
Seemingly satisfied, your employer redirects her attention towards you once more, grinning as she goes.

"Please, speak. All of you look ever so interesting."

//Kosko, Ashlyssa Orta, Diana Alemni, Samantha King, Zharvakko, Inido Ovelia, Hildebrand Danorum, Varda Langer, Alisa Ferrer, and Theor Domaine are in.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 06:16:32 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 06:18:38 am »

The archer speaks up first.
"..I am Inido, my lady. Inido Ovelia."

There is a pause, and he lightly tugs at the clasp over his chest, unsure of anything else he should (or shouldn't?) say.
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2015, 06:58:22 am »

A youngish woman - dressed in heavy old bronze armour and with a jagged mohawk - tapped one finger against the table impatiently.

"I'm Sam, miss. Sam King. We got the payment, so I'm here to guard ya through our land. "
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

F.O.E.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2015, 07:11:37 am »

Third to speak up. Not quiet in the middle, where memory started to fade, but it was good enough.

"I am Alisa Ferrer your ladyship," the cloaked woman said with a slight bow.

Having worked for a noble or two in the past Alisa was vaguely familiar about their precious etiquette; though this was definitely one of the youngest she'd ever worked with. But with the pay as high as it was she was willing risk the headache of a young, probably at least somewhat powerful but hopefully not entitled, employer.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2015, 08:08:15 am »

A woman who seemed just into her twenties, with green hair tied back in a ponytail and wearing robes, speaks up. She speaks somewhat slowly, thinking about each word. There is a small green book on the table in front of her.

"I am Diana Alemni. What should we call you, my lady, if we don't know your name?"

Alright, etiquette. I think that's the word. And that one lesson Ban gave me while extremely drunk doesn't count, he was a bandit so he wouldn't know anyway. Diana thought. She didn't really know the standards of society, having grown up outside of it. She was just going off what everyone else was acting like.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2015, 08:12:04 am »

"Ma'am. I'm Ashlyssa Orta. I've worked with Inido before."

She inclined her torso slightly forward in an informal bow and indicated the archer with a small movement of her right hand, causing the cape over that side to shift slightly and show the hilt of her sword.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2015, 08:19:10 am »

"I apologize, I should have mentioned so before."
He says this more to Ashlyssa then to their potential employer.

"Though it is true. We... tracked down bandits, you would say, in Nostor."
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2015, 08:22:22 am »

Diana glances at the girl who had just been speaking.
Hm... Ashlyssa, right? Why does she seem so familiar...?
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2015, 08:25:21 am »

Ashlyssa nodded back to Inido.

"I can vouch for his ability. As for myself, I used to march under Bradaniel Salim's banner as a soldier and healer, before I left the troop. For personal reasons."

She spared a glance at the girl she caught looking at her out of the corner of her eye. She wondered what the green-haired mage's interest was. If they were to be working together, then she had time to find out at least.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Bluexdog

• Bay Watcher
  • Most likely in the RTD section
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2015, 08:31:44 am »

((Posting to watch))
No sig yet

UXLZ

• Bay Watcher
  • God Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 09:31:57 am »

She rests her chin on her hands, an impish smile spreading across her face, glancing at Inido's obvious nervousness, and the formality of the others.

"My, my, ever so eager. This goes for all of you: do not worry too much about etiquette. As lovely as it is among the rose gardens here in Vathatan's capital, where we're going it has no use. I'd much rather anyone who meets us does not realise who I am, so please, just treat me as another one of the merry little band I'm sure we will all form."

She ponders for a moment.

"You will all need a name for me, will you not?"

Then has a realisation.

"Oh, I know! I will let all of you decide, pick one for me. I will go by that for the journey. Just, please don't pick anything ridiculous. I would be ever so grateful."

At this point, the man in gray attempts to cut in.

"Milady, I really must obj-"

She silences him, however.

"No need to worry Sebastian, it is fine. Everything will go accordingly."

And redirects her attention back to the group.

"So, any suggestions?"

« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:56:15 am by UXLZ »
The circle is complete.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2015, 09:36:10 am »

"Hm... Miranda sounds like a nice name, if that works."
Sigtext!

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2015, 09:37:30 am »

"D- I, er." Oh, gods. "Of course. Just... another of us."
He looks away for a moment, hoping the question of names would be a suitable excuse.

"Would... Lucina work? Lucy, maybe?"
Black lives matter.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2015, 09:40:18 am »

"It don't matter too much, but you're obviously a noble, so something fancy-like would do. Lucina, sure. Whatever."
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 24