- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259656 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: // The Succession Tower: Constructivory \\
« Reply #420 on: October 03, 2015, 08:01:42 am »

Such is the mystery of constructivory.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 03, 2015, 12:58:08 pm »

CONFIDENTIAL

The intelligence contained in this report is confidential, privileged and only for the information of the intended recipient.
It is strictly forbidden to otherwise give, trade or reproduce the contents of this report in any form and to any external parties.
Failure to comply to these guidelines will result in treason, which is punishable by death.

The Lies of Raking (G)

In a time before time, the silver fiend Ostar Burydie the Dead Crypts thrust a spire of slade up from the underworld. By doing so, he tore open a gateway leading into our realm. On that day, Ostar emerged from what is now modern day Spotpoison – Dark Fortress and seat of power for the Lies of Raking.

The military history of the Lies of Raking began with the Gory Conflict, waged against the dwarves of the Light Galley. It consisted of two bloody battles, each side winning one apiece. Perhaps Ostar did not expect to meet such ferocious resistance in his initial foray to the surface, because a peace offer was quickly drawn up and signed within the end of the year by both sides. For the Light Galley, the ceasefire enabled them to fully devote their war effort towards the encroaching west elven civilizations.

The Lies of Raking on the other hand, in a startlingly unprecedented move for a goblin civilization, proceeded to cease all their warfare and communications for the next twenty years. We had wondered back then whether it was actually possible, a peaceful goblin civilization. Maybe even potential allies.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Of course, we now know that they were merely biding their time to strike. Obsidian, 22 – a date that will live on in dwarven infamy. It marks the start of the War of Fury, waged by the Lies of Raking against the Tenacious Relic. Primarily mountain dwellers, the dwarves of the Tenacious Relic rarely if ever ventured out of their ancestral mountain homes. They saw no need to, so deeply nested within the Sensitive Towers they were. The Relics believed themselves to be safe, and that their mountains were to be impenetrable against all invading forces.

It was an illusion brutally shattered when the Lies of Raking swept through their civilization, razing the Relics to the ground. At the heart of the carnage was Desertcobalt. Countless dwarven lives were lost, and even more atrocities committed by the occupying goblin forces there. Bodies were defiled, tortured, even consumed. By the end of the war, Desertcobalt had been pillaged nineteen times, once for every year. The Tenacious Relic was driven extinct in the year 40.

There are of course still rumours: that the Relics had somehow escaped the tyranny of the goblins, and continued to live their lives deep within the rockery. This is a questionable theory at best; these mountains have been canvassed many times by dwarven experts, and no hint of habitation could be said to reliably exist. Then again, perhaps such stories of hope are needed to sustain us during these dark times. What remained of their settlements, formerly abandoned before 49, have since been reclaimed by the three remaining dwarven civilizations as part of the Treaty of Reunification. We, the Lancers claimed Pulleysquirted; the Light Galley claimed Windblush; and the Stake of Healers claimed Desertcobalt.

Which brings us to the post-Relic era. By the year 50, the Lies of Raking had begun a significant push westwards. Ostar has declared war against the Mint Curse and the Stake of Healers, the former being (unusually) another goblin civilization. Inter-goblin disputes do not happen often, but it seems as though the Lies desire for conquest knows no bounds. Intel tells us that the fighting has been unbelievably fierce so far. Leadhate, seat of power of the Mint Curse, burns under perpetual siege. For the past six years at least thirty battles have been waged within its walls. It is sieged at least once every season, frequently even more; an astounding five times in the spring of 51.

But still the bear devil Leyara Soilsgod stands firm in fearless defiance. She has steered her troops with masterful acumen, calling in every last troop from across the land to join the fray. More than 450 trolls now guard the dark fortress – almost four fifths of their entire population. The Mint Curse may be half the size of the Lies of Raking, but at this rate and at these numbers, it is difficult to envisage any army taking Leadhate. Lest of course the Old Horror himself steps in.

Unfortunately, we cannot say the same for the Stake of Healers. They are a hardy people, but much like the Tenacious Relic, they lack any prior experience in large-scale warfare. The Stake lost Claspedmatched almost immediately when it was attacked. Tempesttower fared slightly better, but it too soon crumbled under the invading force of 498 goblins, when all members of Stake leadership were summarily executed. Arguably the only reason they’ve avoid conflict so far has been due to Catten Murdermirror’s diplomatic methods. With her dead, already there are whispers of attacks being planned by other civilizations.

The Stake’s final three settlements now teeter in the balance. The Lies will not allow Wealthspaints to continue existing; they would no doubt finish what they started. Little is known about Constructivory except that it was built to be a monument, not a fortress. It’s highly unlikely that they will be well-equipped enough to deal with a full invasion.

Alas, leaving only New Desertcobalt, that old Relic site. Let us hope that history does not repeat itself again.

Luna,
Lancers now at war with Lies. Stay where you are. Orders incoming.
~ Stinhad
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 09:55:48 am by Bearskie »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 03, 2015, 10:58:36 pm »

Journal of Tholtig 'McBarsky' Pagedinks

So, little Miss Luna was working for the Lancers eh? Did a pretty dab job of it too. Stayed out of the light; hardly saw her thrice during my entire stay here. Course, that didn't stop me from keeping her suspect. Any dwarf that doesn't try to slack off in the dining room is mighty suspicious in my eyes. Fair to say that military's a perfect guise for anyone looking to stay low. You train all day, get fed, go to bed, and repeat circa forever until you get popped by some cavern beast. Or splatted. Oh ye. Mind's now ticking like a mechanism.

How many military people have we got? Tick.
And how many of them could be spies, those two-timin' double-agent dwarf-pushers? Tock.

All questions for another time, because there is something even more amiss with this case than I first expected. Y'see, this report about the Lies of Raking sure tells me alot of things. Local geography for instance. Never been a fan of regional politics either. But above all, it tells me something very important: the symbol of the Lies of Raking is a menacing spike.

Ol' Shipcat may have told us to melt all the goblinite from last winter's siege, but sure as grass, there's still some left untouched in the rummage pile when I got there. Tell you the truth, I'm no artist. But the symbol on these caps...

...they sure as hell aren't no menacing spike.

Congratulations everyone - I don't know how we did it, but we're now at war with not one, but two goblin civilizations! Oh, and one of them happens to be (by far) the largest and most powerful civ in this world.

BOOZE AT THE PARTY HALL!

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 03, 2015, 11:19:34 pm »

Well, hopefully goblins will simply ignore our towers and attack each others. That's what goblins do, right?

Plus they are notoriously afraid of cats. Everything will be fine.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 03, 2015, 11:37:38 pm »

Journal of DDDragoni Floordrink, Investigator and Broker of Constructivory

The writing is messy, as if the author was using their off hand

Damn it… Looks like my plan to lay low didn’t work so well…

I’ve been keeping my investigations as secret as I can in order to get the traitor overconfident. I haven’t even been writing reports. Apparently it worked too well—they got confident enough to target me.

I was keeping an eye on Shipcat’s magma tower when I thought I saw something moving on the level above me. I climbed up to investigate, and the next thing I knew I was falling.

Turns out lying unconscious on the floor for days outside in the cold is worse than lying unconscious in the caves.

My right hand is basically useless now. But we know now that the traitor wants the magma tower to go unfinished. I scared them off today, but they’ll be back. We must remain vigilant! But now that the traitor is targeting me… I’m going to need a confidant. Someone I can trust…

I’ll keep my eyes open for a worthy partner.
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 04, 2015, 03:35:25 am »

A vile Force of Darkness has arrived.

Shit, what do? Do we have a good enough military?
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 03:37:08 am by Japa »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 04, 2015, 04:06:27 am »

We are victorious.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: October 04, 2015, 04:33:01 am »

A vile Force of Darkness has arrived.

Shit, what do? Do we have a good enough military?

Well, if you can prevent them from drowning themselves, then yeah.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 05, 2015, 05:27:59 am »

Thx for a historical analize, it's intresting i'will read it more detail in free time. By the way, that has I skipped about events with my character? I haven't hear about my Swordmaster for a while.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 05, 2015, 08:25:49 am »

Thx for a historical analize, it's intresting i'will read it more detail in free time. By the way, that has I skipped about events with my character? I haven't hear about my Swordmaster for a while.
Sorry, I don't normally pay so much attention to how fights go down, but you have a bunch of kills to your name.

Heretic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 05, 2015, 10:37:53 am »

Thanks! I see my person reall look like he should from his story)) he's really badass. And soo0, that skils he has right now?

Vortex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 05, 2015, 11:34:03 am »

Checking in as well - is Vortex still alive or did she perish in the invasion? :)  And did she give a good accounting of herself?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 05, 2015, 01:41:01 pm »

Half yearly report, to Her Majesty The Queen, Fath Rulushrigòth.

There was a group of goblin invaders who tried to enter our lands. They came from the same place as before, going by all the debris from the last battle. Two of our own fell in our defence, including the Axe Lord, Vortex, and the Elite Marksdwarf, Alåth Siguncatten.

Vortex was the our first defence, and he will be remembered.

Besides that, work on raising the tower continues at a steady pace. Our miners report that they have broken past the water, and have a shaft leading downwards. This will come useful, I believe.

I also have heard rumors that the late mason, RedMageCole, was back with us, briefly, in the body of Sodel Cattendom. He produced the following door before finally departing to the Great Anvil

Kirekur, "Mergedmighty", a kimberlite door

This is a kimberlite door.  All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality.  This object is adorned with hanging rings of light yellow diamond.
On the item is an  image of Melbil Lenschaste the dwarf and dwarves in kimberlite.  Melbil Lenschaste is  surrounded by the dwarves.  The artwork relates to the appointment of the dwarf Melbil Lenschaste to the position of general of The Stake of Healers in the midsummer of 51. 
On the item is an  image of two hares in copper. 
On the item is an  image of goblins and dwarves in clear zircon.  The goblins are  refusing the dwarves.  The artwork relates to the defeat of The Fair Tombs of The Stake of Healers and takeover of Claspedmatched by The Lies of Raking in the late summer of 50 during The Conquest of Claspedmatched. 

On the item is an  image of `RedMageCole' Danglehandle the dwarf in ginkgo wood.  `RedMageCole' Danglehandle is  laboring.  The artwork relates to the start as a mason of the dwarf `RedMageCole' Danglehandle in Constructivory in the midsummer of 50. 

« Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 01:44:22 pm by Japa »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 05, 2015, 09:01:26 pm »

Wh- no how? ;_; What heppened? How did a legendary soldier like him fall to goblins? How frakkin huge was the siege?

We'll have to look for a new militia commander after this, you know. *Cough* Better send in your applications, military.

Mergedmighty was an ominous-looking kimberlite door. It menaces with spikes of tragedy and loss. It is adorned with the rings of war.

Zuglarkun

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:MAKE_MEGA CONSTRUCTION:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 06, 2015, 05:32:11 am »

I hope you did not dig into the flooded area from my turn and the level above it, the one where I made digging designations at, as I was intending to convert those into a waterwheel fueled power generator to power the magma pumps.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 05:34:32 am by Zuglarkun »
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 ... 66