- 0 (0%)
End
- 0 (0%)
This!
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: August 07, 2015, 06:46:40 am

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 66

Author Topic: // Fall of the Succession Tower: Constructivory \\  (Read 259554 times)

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
Re: ~ The Succession Tower ~
« Reply #60 on: August 02, 2015, 11:30:55 am »

Hey, since I have a wife in there, can you name her Sanju?

Also don't use me as were-lizard bait, please.

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 02, 2015, 11:34:20 am »

Think of it this way, once you wake up you'll be treated to a generous serving of TOWERING FORTRESSES :).

Aye, good enough of a point. Hilariously enough, you just posted as I was about to start posting (after reading).
This should hopefully hold me off on entertainment until I come back to the tower, I have to go visit relatives. Armok save me, relatives are almost as bad as nobles.
No weaponsmith and/or armorsmith of any sorts, though? I could even help out with the masonry.. Or military...
I kind of wanted to be Broker too if I was smart enough...
And why did you get a were-something at the start of the game?! I never get anything even mildly vicious at the start of the game!... I want to have fun.
To go with Japa (wait, THE Japa? I was just trying to figure out how to use Armok Vision last night it's an honor to meet you good sir), let me know if I have a wife and she doesn't fit the criteria for any dwarf in here. Praise be to Japa for reminding me.
As for the name, possibly ~ Constructivory: The Succession Tower ~ ?
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 11:43:36 am by RedMageCole »

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 02, 2015, 11:52:44 am »

I'll take the brewer/armorsmith from that migration wave.
Yeaaaahhh.... actually that highly-skilled brewer/armorsmith dwarf is Japa's wife.  So you two discuss between yourselves?  Still want that character CheeseMaker?

To add to all the love in the air, I've made your wife the fort CMO.  And I've been trying to get you off that bed for weeks, you couldnt budge even if I wanted you to.

AND HOLY CARP, I JUST HAD A SUDDEN AND ABSOLUTE REVELATION.
Timber 9:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. WE'RE DOOMED. EVERYONE GET INSIDE!!
At some point they always come to get you! But this soon!? We don't even have a single hammerdwarf!
If only our masons had constructed the doors I ordered 4 MONTHS AGO. I order another door taken down so that we can place it and close our fort.
He's too fast. We can't make it! Quick, build a wall!!
HE HAS BREACHED THE FORTRESS!

An excerpt from one of my favourite succession forts, Doomforests, which I'm sure you're all well-aquainted with.  So its a werebeast.  This is Drokle's first turn.  This is our first turn.  Look at their date.  And now look at our date.

WE'RE UNDER THE CURSE OF DOOMFORESTS RUN FOR YOUR LIVES
« Last Edit: August 02, 2015, 12:09:51 pm by Bearskie »

RedMageCole

• Bay Watcher
  • My sole interest is uncovering the truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 02, 2015, 11:57:56 am »

Are we already going to die?
My dwarf is just going to come in there, and if he's drunk, show his genitals off to the werebeast, then die.
Well, good ga-
Oh, that wasn't our game. I'm sadly not acquainted with Doomforests, I've been off of Bay12 until I posted in this thread..
But please, don't let us die, Bearskie. I wanna live. I wanna become more successful than Boatmurdered.
I don't wanna have fun yet.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 02, 2015, 11:58:14 am »

Yeaaaahhh.... actually that highly-skilled brewer/armorsmith dwarf is Japa's wife.  So you two discuss between yourselves?  Still want that character CheeseMaker?

To add to all the love in the air, I've made your wife the fort CMO.  And I've been trying to get you off that bed for weeks, you couldnt budge even if I wanted you to.

AND HOLY CARP, I JUST HAD A SUDDEN AND ABSOLUTE REVELATION.
Timber 9:
I KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN. WE'RE DOOMED. EVERYONE GET INSIDE!!
At some point they always come to get you! But this soon!? We don't even have a single hammerdwarf!
If only our masons had constructed the doors I ordered 4 MONTHS AGO. I order another door taken down so that we can place it and close our fort.
He's too fast. We can't make it! Quick, build a wall!!
HE HAS BREACHED THE FORTRESS!

An excerpt from one of my favourite succession forts, Doomforests, which I'm sure you're all well-aquainted with.  So its a werebeast.  This is Drokle's first turn.  This is our first turn.  Look at their date.  And now look at our date.

WE'RE UNDER THE CURSE OF DOOMFORESTS RUN FOR YOUR LIVES
ARMOK HELP US!! WE ARE DOOMED

Immortal-D

• Bay Watcher
  • [Not_A_Tree]
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 02, 2015, 12:13:24 pm »

When you get a chance, can you post pics of current Dorfs?  I'm curious to see my Peasant Dorf from the 7.

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2015, 12:43:42 pm »

An excerpt from one of my favourite succession forts, Doomforests, which I'm sure you're all well-aquainted with.  So its a werebeast.
Yeah that rings a bell. Altho frankly, at this point its obvious that Doonforest has become a singularity that oozes suck into the multiverse. This is hardly surprising. Still cool to see fans around!

We may all die horribly, but rest assured that this foul beast will never put its claws around our delicious booze, for it is safely guarded by a cat.

For the title, I feel --the succession tower-- is clear and easy to spot. Short and catchy names are good for threads I think. Are we confident enough that our idea of a succesion tower is.strog enough to stand on its own and attract readers? I think so. We wouldnt be here otherwise. I dont think adind the fortress' name is even necessary.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 02, 2015, 12:51:33 pm »

I'm afraid it's a fight to the death.

We duel at dawn.

I will bring my children's trading cards.

DDDragoni

• Bay Watcher
  • More than just an average drunken axe-crazy nutjob
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2015, 02:46:54 pm »

We duel at dawn.

IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-DUEL!!!
Stuff I run:
Icehold(Second Thread)
Stuff I was/am involved with:
The Succession Tower, ConstructIvory
Bonepillar                    Thunderdoom
Parallel Fortresses

Taupe

• Bay Watcher
  • Weasel Monarch
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 02, 2015, 03:15:41 pm »

We duel at dawn.

IT'S TIME TO D-D-D-DUEL!!!
Winner takes all. The dwarf and the foil Charizard.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 02, 2015, 03:29:43 pm »

"Wait, I thought we were playing magic?"

TheCheeseMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 02, 2015, 05:41:31 pm »

We duel at dawn.

Please, I don't play such childish games such as pokemon trading cards. The true way to settle this is a mario kart match.

I'm fine with her name being Sanju actually, but I'll still have her be my POV character coming up when my turn comes (assuming she survives).
As it turns out, pulling every lever in the fortress wasn't as good of an idea as it sounded like at the time.

Hiddenleafguy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 02, 2015, 05:55:32 pm »

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 02, 2015, 09:47:24 pm »

We duel at dawn.

Please, I don't play such childish games such as pokemon trading cards. The true way to settle this is a mario kart match.

I'm fine with her name being Sanju actually, but I'll still have her be my POV character coming up when my turn comes (assuming she survives).

Eh, that would be weird.

Keep the name.

Bearskie

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyam nyam
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 02, 2015, 11:33:14 pm »

The Rampage of the Werelizard Fikod DangleSyrups

And so it begins.

Those on the surface upon seeing the beast started to flee as soon as they saw the beast.  It was highly unlikely that any one of them could have run fast enough if the werelizard had actually gone for them, but good fortune meant it did not. 

It descended down the mine shaft instead.

Upon seeing this, one of the surface dwarves, in a spit of bravado and heroism, decided to charge down the tunnel to face the werelizard himself.  However, in the moment of stupidity that followed, he conveniently dropped his weapon on the floor.

Indeed, he then proceeded to inexplicably trip over a stationary minecart, and promptly fainted upon the sight of his own blood.  Fortunately for him, this incident excused him from getting involved with the proceedings going on below.

Now, it begins.

First of all, did you know that when you draft woodcutters/miners into an active military squad, they drop their current weapons?

Well I didn’t.....

And so it came to pass that the two miners down the shaft, arguably the best hope to kill the werelizard, dropped their picks.  The rest of the dwarves thus decided to emulate a famous military trick – the wrestler bumrush.

The werelizard struck the moment he descended the stairs, pinning down a dwarf with a ferocious grapple.  Sharp needle-like teeth sank into the dwarf’s arm who was subsequently shaken apart like a ragdoll.  His screams reverberated across the cavern floor.

It was quickly thrown back by some of the other recruits, who were sensibly keeping their distance from the monstrosity.

Ah, but a werelizard is a cunning beast.  With razor-quick reflexes, it manages to get in a sharp bite on someone's arm before crashing to the ground.

It was at this point that the battle seemed to turn; the bumrush was at full force, and the dwarves were raining blows after blows upon the prone werelizard.  The beast was constantly being knocked off its feet, barring it from launching a suitable offensive.

The poor lad, the first victim - he had succumbed to his injuries.  With his limbs torn and twisted at various joints, it was as painful a death as one could get.

A second victim soon follows.  He bleeds out during the fracas. 

Alas, combat is a fickle mistress.  It was perhaps that second death that marked the changing of the tide; the werelizard began fighting back, slowly at first.

But soon with deadly accuracy and strength.  Lone Zuglarkun bravely fights against the beast – even as it rips apart her muscles and tendons.

Her spirit alone is not enough.  She eventually succumbs to her wounds.

Triumphant, the werelizard towers over the bodies of its foes, most of which are either dead, unconscious or preoccupied with the bleeding process.  One last dwarf is on his feet – the speardwarf, he who has served in battles before.  Damn, he thought, what would I give for a proper weapon at this time.

It enjoys toying with its prey, the speardwarf realised.  The constant gashes did nothing to soften his stoic battle pose, but at the back of his mind, he was already resigned to his fate as a military man.  No panic, no screaming, just the sweet cold embrace of Mother Death.

Swish
In a split second, the werelizard throws itself aside as a bismuth bronze pick scythed through the air.

That’s right guys, I finally got me to pick up my pickaxe!  It took very careful burrow designations, and even then the one other miner just ignored his pick.  Now, back to your regularly scheduled program of werebeast FUN.

Bearskie was good with a pick, but the werelizard was far more agile than any lump of rock.  It ducked under the next swing, and managed to latch onto Bearskie’s stomach.  Ohh yess…. the sweet taste of blood.

Silly dwarf, trying to bite me.  Now I show him how to bite.  Nasty dwarf full of fat-

Bearskie staggered backwards, released from the flailing werelizard’s bite.  He could sense the burning hatred in its eyes as it hissed and clambered after him…

It was then that a wrestler, lying on the floor, saw the importance of keeping the overseer alive, bastard though he was.  So he fixed an iron grip onto the werelizard’s foot, pulling the beast down towards the ground with him, and screamed as the beast devoured his flesh.

And the beast screamed back. 

But try as hard as he could, the wrestler could not maintain his feeble grip on the beast any longer, leaving it free to go after Bearskie.  It was not a timewaster.

So it was that the only dwarf with a weapon crumpled to the ground, unable to withstand the pain no more. 

The werebeast stumbled faintly over the dying dwarves, who could offer no more resistance to their fate.

And then it bled to death.

Woo.

Cool story, eh.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 03:44:10 am by Bearskie »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 66